Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmac needs some continuity. Hes a really good size and he's quick and he knows how to defend.
If he keeps going in and out of the seniors he wont get there. If he gets a good block, we'll see improvement. They just cant get the pace of seniors after 1 or 2 games.
Besides. We were up by 80 points at half time against a pretty good team. Cant see any unforced changes.
I hope they all get up. They deserve it.

Out: Members, McKenzie
In: Acres, Hickey

Love to see Hickey up forward to see if he can play a second role. Then chop out the ruck when Lomger is off.

McKenzie is just a liability. I don't care what anyone says. He isn't AFL standard. Even in a one sided flop, he still couldn't hit a target with no pressure to be seen.

Acres to a wing, Sinclair to half back.

Sorry but this is not the game to be experimenting .. and if Sinclair ever gets moved to half back I'll spew

Big game, must win given the following two weeks we'll be underdogs.

Possible suspension
Membrey

Possible injuries
Newnes, Longer

Possible ins
Acres, Hickey, Freeman, Paddy, Mav

"Underdogs"??? The Saints? REALLY? The peptide bummers, in their last outing at Etihad, gave up a 27 point lead in the final stanza (against "mighty" Brisbane) to find a way of turning strawberry jam to dog krud, and losing against the bottom ranked side in the comp. Meanwhile, over in the west, the Saints were winning on the road. This week? Well, yes Essenturd gave hapless Colondud a (37 point) "pasting" while the Saints had those perennial "easybeats" Richmond (fresh from a sound victory at Port Adelaide) to deal with, and inexplicably handed said "easybeats" a brand new collective anal orifice on a plastic plate! Underdogs? Yeah! RIGHT!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Underdogs"??? The Saints? REALLY? The peptide bummers, in their last outing at Etihad, gave up a 27 point lead in the final stanza (against "mighty" Brisbane) to find a way of turning strawberry jam to dog krud, and losing against the bottom ranked side in the comp. Meanwhile, over in the west, the Saints were winning on the road. This week? Well, yes Essenturd gave hapless Colondud a (37 point) "pasting" while the Saints had those perennial "easybeats" Richmond (fresh from a sound victory at Port Adelaide) to deal with, and inexplicably handed said "easybeats" a brand new collective anal orifice on a plastic plate! Underdogs? Yeah! RIGHT!

Think he's talking about the two games after chief, when we plat Sydney and Port both away from home.

barrells call on Marshall is an interesting one, i reckon he could be onto something

use bruce in the roving role pushing higher up the ground
Would work something like this;

HF: Gresham - Riewoldt - Lonie
FF: Long - Bruce - Marshall

Marshall is athletic enough to not make that forward line functionally 'too big'; he moves like a much smaller lad.

When he's at home, Bruce and Riewoldt can get on their respective bikes and we have the little blokes buzzing around the spillages.

When Billy (or whomever) needs a rest, Marshall can go into the ruck and Bruce plays a more traditional role.

Also frees up Gilbert to plug any holes that appear.

I'd say it's about a 3% chance of happening though.

I just can't see it at all. Hasn't improved one season yet. Normally there's some improvement in young kids. He drops easy marks, handballs into pressure and shanks every second kick.

At this stage - if we're honestly trying to make it deep into September, he plays seconds unless he's absolutely banging the door down.
That's literally just confidence. It'll come when he starts to believe he belongs. As mentioned, he's played less than 20 games and has been in and out of the side. Once he gets a stretch of 4-5 games, he'll start taking those easy marks and you'll see him start to back his speed in.

Unfortunately, he'll probably be straight out when Jimmy comes back.

Would work something like this;

HF: Gresham - Riewoldt - Lonie
FF: Long - Bruce - Marshall

Marshall is athletic enough to not make that forward line functionally 'too big'; he moves like a much smaller lad.

When he's at home, Bruce and Riewoldt can get on their respective bikes and we have the little blokes buzzing around the spillages.

When Billy (or whomever) needs a rest, Marshall can go into the ruck and Bruce plays a more traditional role.

Also frees up Gilbert to plug any holes that appear.

I'd say it's about a 3% chance of happening though.

its a pity because its pretty ****in solid plan. has a lot of merrit

Replacing Membrey if he's injured will be the major headache. Paddy will come in I think if Tim is suspended. Some talk of DMac getting dropped but fact is we're better than that. Notice what picking Long did for his confidence?

Any Newnes injury newnes is appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's played nineteen dude. 50 game mark he'll be very good
He has great potential. Obviously has some great attributes in terms of speed/leap/endurance/marking..
Once he gets a run of games and feels confident at the level he'll improved markedly. The fumbles and missed targets are just because he's inexperienced and nervous.
I have no doubt he'll become a very handy player. Just like webster

I imagine Mav will be a very good chance to return if we have to replace both Skunk and Jill, unless Freezer was pulled and not injured/sore.

Doubt immensely that we'll rush Paddy straight back in.

If both Newnes and Skunk miss it will be Acres and either Mav or Freezer, I expect.
Yeah I think it will be Mav and Acres.
No need to replace KPF (Skunk) with a KPF (Paddy) with this team, as we have lots of mid fielders/ flankers who are hitting the scoreboard.

I reckon it's Paddy straight back in for Membrey guys.

Also think Freeman is in line to replace Newnes if he's injured.

Otherwise no other changes.

Remember Spud on radio a couple of weeks ago identifying the Essendon game as potential debut for Freeman?

Also, was very pleased to hear Seb Ross on the radio yesterday RE Paddy, saying they'd basically used the time off the last 2 weeks to put a mini pre-season into him.

Agree the blokes playing at Sandy yesterday are basically no chance, unless on limited game-time (says to me Acres Emergency again).

Think he's talking about the two games after chief, when we plat Sydney and Port both away from home.

oh dear! Put it down to my advanced years, and failing brain cells! ( note to self: "next time you reply to a post, make sure you've actually READ said post )

"Underdogs"??? The Saints? REALLY? The peptide bummers, in their last outing at Etihad, gave up a 27 point lead in the final stanza (against "mighty" Brisbane) to find a way of turning strawberry jam to dog krud, and losing against the bottom ranked side in the comp. Meanwhile, over in the west, the Saints were winning on the road. This week? Well, yes Essenturd gave hapless Colondud a (37 point) "pasting" while the Saints had those perennial "easybeats"
emoji849.png
Richmond (fresh from a sound victory at Port Adelaide) to deal with, and inexplicably handed said "easybeats" a brand new collective anal orifice on a plastic plate! Underdogs? Yeah! RIGHT!
JiggsteR45.......don't hold back there....what's your real thoughts on those clubs........LOVED the post.

Big one this week....we say that every week.....the gap between the Bombers best and worst is HUGE...let's hope they bring their D game this Fri night.

Yeah I think it will be Mav and Acres.
No need to replace KPF (Skunk) with a KPF (Paddy) with this team, as we have lots of mid fielders/ flankers who are hitting the scoreboard.

This year Members has been roaming up the ground a lot more, Acres is probably a much more like for like replacement for him. Paddy would be for Bruce or Rooey but for speed and balance Acres would play.

Take no one lightly or suffer the consequences.

Saints to win but it could be far more of a struggle than last Saturday.

We have been playing a similar style all year but kicking ourselves out of a setting up matches early. All our chickens came home to roost on Saturday and hopefully that's put the confidence back up to where it belongs. If we can get a good start we should be able to dispirit them. We have had the wood over them recently and it will either psych them out or make them extra keen to take us down. I reckon it should be a great game, can't wait for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back