Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
哑巴吃饺子,心里有数

I came here for information as Newnes is in my fantasy team and has been a gun this year.
The Saints website had footage of the team song after the game and Newnes had his jacket on but no noticable sign of any ice/strapping etc on his legs.
Seems very strange he wasn't in the injury report post game.

The report (on 3aw maybe?) after the game was that Longer took the strapping off his hamstring after the game and was walking around freely. If he had done his hamstring surely he'd have had ice on it?

Amateur question but has been several years since I have been able to attend a saints game.
Finally hoping to get around to it this week. Where can I sit as a Member with just basic GA entry? Cant find it anywhere online.

3rd level.

Most of level 3 is GA. There are a few areas ticketed up there but ground floor is extra but cheap near the cheer squad area or behind goals either end. The middle tier is premium and you might need to sell a kidney to sit in any seats you would want there. Try to get near the mmorabin wing where Saints will be sitting and get there early as the Bombers fans all come in droves and will take good seats.

Moorabin wing is aisle 35

Going to make an early call to get this out of my system - If Newnes is hurt, Dunstan will come in. I don't think Richo will roll the dice on Freeman's debut while finals are up in the air.
We won't be bringing in anyone who played a full game on Sunday. You dont bring in a fringe player off a 5 day break.

Excited to see Jakey in action against us, probably won't be there but I've liked what I've seen from him this year so looking forward to more of it.

Does he go with Daniher? On the lead Joey probably has him covered but 1 on 1 deep it'd be a good battle.

Or do you send Brown to Daniher and Jake goes to Hooker who he probably beats?

Membrey out is huge..acres is not even close to membreys marking ability..we must bring another forward...if paddy is nit ready i say roll the dice and get rowan marshall..

On SM-N9005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, and if he spuds it up forward then at least he can give Longer a bit of a chop out so that we dont need to take Bruce out of our forward line.

Sorry for the infiltration.

Just wanted to know who is likely replace Membrey up forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came here for information as Newnes is in my fantasy team and has been a gun this year.
The Saints website had footage of the team song after the game and Newnes had his jacket on but no noticable sign of any ice/strapping etc on his legs.
Seems very strange he wasn't in the injury report post game.
This one's interesting he didn't appear injured I'm wondering if he was rested in the last quarter due to Newnes possibly running his KM allotment considering we were 90 odd points up & another 6 day turn around.

Barrels your boy Begley might get a debut on Friday night. Who should we send to him? I would be more tempted to bring in Rice if he gets a game!

Barrels your boy Begley might get a debut on Friday night. Who should we send to him? I would be more tempted to bring in Rice if he gets a game!
Gilbert. Geary to Fantasia.

I think Gilbert might go to Stewart? Or use Roberton on Stewart?

Would Rice be a good match up? Seems unlikely he will play if he played 4 quarters at Sandy.
Begley is deceptively quick on the burst, and at 186cm 96kg he's very very strong, far too strong for say, Savage at 186cm 82kg or McKenzie at 184cm 77kg. That's where Gilbert - at 194cm 90kg - comes in. Rice is an option, but at 184cm 86kg he still gives up a LOT of size.

Stewart is a big guy at 196cm, but not a 'power' type at 93kg. Roberton would be perfectly capable of minding him and trying to run off him.

The days of a genuine one-on-one matchup are basically over anyway. It's all about team defence.

Interesting to see how the team goes against a corridor team. This year, Saints have gone 2-5 against corridor teams with the 2 wins being Carlton and Gold Coast

Huge game this week , a win for us nearly destroys some teams chances of finals . The Drug cheats can be good on their day , when the drugs kick in lol, seriously it will be a hard game to win . I know they had a shock loss to Lions but that happens to all sides these days . We need to win with the harder games coming up otherwise we fall back to the pack . Every game is important these days because it's so tight on the ladder .

Great that we are only two wins and percentage away from top spot at this time of year , just shows how close this year really is .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back