Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It was on the cards against both Hawthorn & Carlton, until blatantly incorrect umpiring decisions killed our momentum stone dead. This time there were no such game killers and we saw what might have happened had our momentum been allowed to roll on to it's conclusion in those previous games.

Vader, that's one of the most apt things I've ever read from your key board :thumbsu: Very, very true. The early part of the last quarter felt very similar to those two games.

It was on the cards against both Hawthorn & Carlton, until blatantly incorrect umpiring decisions killed our momentum stone dead. This time there were no such game killers and we saw what might have happened had our momentum been allowed to roll on to it's conclusion in those previous games.
The only game this year I think we gave up in is the Essendon one. Since then though, our never say die attitude has been awesome, and today reaped the full benefits.

Also: in terms of underrated moves that probably won't get mentioned... Truck to forward line late in the game was also a ripper. He created that Petrenko goal by using his size to force the two NM players to collide.
Yeah, what happened was that Petrie had pushed back behind the ball to act as a spare man of sorts for North and Sando probably told Truck to stick with him to make it 7 v 7 instead of 6 v 7.

Yeah, what happened was that Petrie had pushed back behind the ball to act as a spare man of sorts for North and Sando probably told Truck to stick with him to make it 7 v 7 instead of 6 v 7.

That was it.

Reilly's man had gone forward as well and Sando got him to follow his man forward as well to make it 8 on 8 - so that there could be no loose man for the Roos.

Another big tick for the coaching panel. They started off a bit rough with their match-ups for Thomas in defence but ended up having a really good day.

Am I right in saying we only led for 16 seconds of that game?

lpVpgBK.png

If not for a completely different chain of events from what transpired, that would have been disastrous for us.

Bloody brilliant.

Does anyone else just keep looking at the score sheet just to double check that we actually won?

Mate I can't fathom it. I'm still double checking the colours beside the score worm. Navy, red, go-ironically we didn't manage it in the traditional strip but still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody brilliant.

Does anyone else just keep looking at the score sheet just to double check that we actually won?
I was watching the last three minutes on YouTube (as my DVD recorder stopped with 6 minutes to go. I knew the result but I was still nervous watching the replay because I knew there was not enough time!

Bloody brilliant.

Watching the replay. 2 minutes to go and Kerridge bangs through his 6th. And I'm still thinking. Nup, not enough time. Nup.

Kudos also to McKernan who then took up the challenge

I actually think McKernan offered far more around the ground as a ruckman than Sauce.

It might also be the motivational spur that Sauce needs to get back to his best.

It was Rutten who contested the mark against 3 nrth melbourne defenders at FF...

also from watching the replay, HOW GOOD IS TALIA? at least 3 clutch plays in the last quarter. The smother, an intercept and getting the high tackle.

i love how Sando shows some positive emotion in the coaches box.

it's refreshing to see a coach actually enjoying what he's doing rather than supress that emotion and only allowing themself to show intenseness and frustration.

Subbing Sam Jacobs off to get Porps on.

He effectively gave up winning the Ruck once Jacobs went off. But we gained across the ground in a quick running game. It paid off.

Genius or Mad Hatter???

Tis great to have a coach take a punt like that.
1. Good to have a coach again who us willing to make a move when things aren't working. ie. not stubborn & risk going down trying something different ;)

2. McKernan was looking better in ruck all day & he won his fare share of ruck contests & roved some others. Hopefuly will keep the knockers at bay ... probably for another week.

3. Didn't Jacobs have his worst game of the year v Roos last year. I think it may be a case of him being owned by an opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back