SANFL Power Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: this week in the SANFL

The SANFL clubs name the emergencies as outs to the Power every week. It's meaningless.

Re: this week in the SANFL

Centrals vs Glenelg Saturday
J Westhoff FP
Giles R

Eagles vs Sturt Saturday
Salter CHF
P Stewart W
G Bentley HFF
A Thomson OB
Deluca INT

North vs South Saturday
None that I could see!

West vs Port Sunday
Willitts CHF
Krakouer FP
Surjan HBF

Power players in the SANFL for Round 12

Central vs Glenelg

Williams
J.Westhoff
Giles

Boyle?

Eagles vs Sturt

Stewart
Salter
Thomson
Farmer
Bentley
Deluca

North vs South

Grose
Motlop

White and Lonie out to Power

West vs Port

Willits
Krakouer
Surjan

Norwood has the bye.

Boyle's playing reserves for Centrals. Back from a hamstring.

Matt Westhoff is 1 week away.

Lobbe is out with a broken finger - was listed as a test, but isn't named.

Damon was very high in North's best again today. He totally controlled the game from CHB setting up most of North's attacking plays while keeping Dale Ellis out of the game.

Lonie will probably get bog in the paper for his usual 30+ mainly meaningless and often ineffectual disposals across half-back, although he did provide a bit more run and link through the middle today than he usually does.

Damon looked very good in the per-season at CHB and has played two very good games there the past two weeks. He reads the ball coming in well and will charge upfield and punt the pigskin 50m up the middle. Not very scientific granted, but maybe that's what we need now.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,23900984-21546,00.html

GLENELG 7.5 9.5 13.12 15.13 (103)

CENTRAL DISTRICT 1.2 3.6 6.7 12.10 (82)

BEST - Glenelg: Allen. Fisher, Cranston, Hinge, Sugars, Panozzo, Murphy. Central: O'Sullivan, J. Gowans, Thomas, Slade, Havelberg.

SCORERS - Glenelg: McConnell 4.1, Bode, Ruwoldt 2.2, Grima, Sellar 2.0, Backwell, Hingle, Liebelt 1.0, Fisher 0.2, Kane, Block, Murphy 0.1, rushed 0.3. Central: Havelberg 4.1, L. Westhoff 3.1, O'Sullivan 3.0, McCabe, Gowans 1.0, Goodrem, Switala, Ware 0.1, rushed 05.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,23900575-21546,00.html

North 4.2 7.6 13.8 15.11 (101)

South 2.0 4.2 5.3 8.6 (54)

BEST - North: Alleway, Allan, Lonie, Ward, Archard, D. White, Cunningham, Wright. South: Otten, Handby, Rolfe, Mackay, Redigolo.

SCORERS - North: Alleway 5.1, Wright 2.1, O'Brien 2.0, W. Thompson, Delvins 1.2, Stewart 1.1, Lonie. B. White, Archard 1.0, Younie 0.2, D. White, Ward 0.1. South: Otten, Rolfe 2.0, Warren 1.3, Redigolo, Ellis, Boyd 1.0, Smith, Thewlis 0.1, rushed 0.1.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,23900570-21546,00.html

STURT 4.8 8.11 16.11 19. 15 (129)

EAGLES 1.3 4.8 4.10 6.12 (48)

BEST - Sturt: Crane, Sheedy, Herring, Bentley, Evans, Perrie, Deluca. Eagles: McGregor, Petrenko, Rimington, Fiacchi, Colville.

SCORERS - Sturt: Chambers 7.1, Herring 3.2, Thomson 3.0, Evans 2.3, Crane, Coad, Perrie, Wicks 1.1, Farmer 0.2, Sharples 0.1, rushed 0.2. Eagles: Rimington 2.0, McGregor, Geddes 1.3, Hentschel, Fitzgerald 1.1, Pavlich, Jarrad, Fiacchi, Schwarze 0.1.

INJURIES/REPORTS - Sturt: Feast (ankle), Gregory (cruciate), Nelson (leg soreness).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I looked at that a couple of times to make sure I wasn't just not seeing his name. His game was described as too timid on another site. Choco's lead up forward role has killed a few talls off now.

Would hope Westhoff had a big game. Commentators mentioned that he had a 2nd gamer on him but I left for the footy after that.

Am just watching the Centrals game now and have just seen Ryan Williams carried/helped off by the trainers after an ugly clash. Looked like a knee not too sure how bad tho. Edit:Williams looks to be up and about on the boundary line. Could explain why there is no injury report on the previous post.

Also the Hoff had his guernsey removed in a tackle there is certainly not much too the boy is there? I knew he was skinny but I didn't realise just how gaunt he looks.

westhoff 8k 5m 3 hb 3 goals

williams 9k 4m 3hb

giles 2k 2m 5hb 12 h/o

salter 4k 2m 5hb

bentley 19k 8m 7hb 6 tackles 4th best

farmer 17k 6m 6hb

thomson 10k 9m 11hb 3 tackles 3 goals

deluca 5k 7m 9hb 26 h/0 2 tackles 7th best

lonie 17k 3m 19 hb 3rd best

white 12k 0 m 14hb 6th best

ressies

m motlop 5th best 1 goal

grose 3 goals

Those stats aren't very inspiring really.

The guys I don't want to see racked up the most. It would be the ultimate insult if Lonie gets picked after Williams talked yesterday of planning for 2-3 years time.

Bentley probably has earnt a shot at it. He'll work hard, but his disposal is so ordinary that I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Power guernsey again.

Of that lot, I'd most like to see Farmer, Thomson, DeLuca and Williams get opportunities. We do however, need to promote one of the taller players to cover the loss of Chad and the omission of Westhoff. ? White again, Cockshell, or go real left field and give Grose a chance up forward.

thomson was good, not outstanding. OP claims are a joke, running hard as anything in the last quarter. Took a nice one handed grab and was hard in the contests as usual. Has a real knack for kicking goals.

Bentley was pretty solid. Making less mistakes of late. Tackled hard yesterday but rarely dominated sanfl. I think he will be the same in afl too, a good role player.

the big fabian - probably his most impressive game in a long time. After feast went down in the first minute or so he rucked all day and was excellent. Put his body on the line at ground level several times and linked play fairly well around the ground.

didnt notice salter at all, so many afl players in the game (almost 10 i think) but by his above stats cant have done much

farmer was good again, still very raw but will be a very good player for you unfortunately. needs to think a bit quicker sometimes, bombs wildly and got a spray from chambers during the game for it

Bring Fabes in and give Blade a rest. He's running on empty methinks.

Season 2008 is summed up by the back catalogue of Jackson Browne, really.

"Doctor My Eyes" - Gameplan.
"Here Come Those Tears Again" - Rounds 1-13 inclusive.
"The Pretender" - Shaun Burgoyne.
"Running On Empty" - Brendon Lade, Michael Wilson, Chocolate's tactical nous.
"Anything Can Happen" - The feeling at 3-Quarter Time.
"Stay (Just a Little Bit Longer)" - Adam Thomson, Nick Lower.
"In the Shape of a Heart" - Tredders <3

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Power Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back