Schneider/Dempster for Pick 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we could have offered something to get these two. Both would add some run to the lineup.

It seems like a value meal deal to me for the Saints.

It'll be an even better deal for them if we pay more than we should for half back flanker Power.

Moti seems to rate every bloke who isn't a North player.

Schneider is good and would have added to our line-up much required polish and capacity to hurt with the footy. But Dempster is no good. Run with player, very average actual footy ability.

Good deal for St Kilda though even if the player was just Schneider. Sydney have lost the plot.

Got to be salary cap issues. I think both of them were still under contract...

I just read that they got Hank Playfair for pick 44.

Just mental. Laughable footballer.

Just have to wonder how focussed we were on the week with the Chairman under pressure from all sides (racing and NMFC), coach in a bitter dispute with club leaders, AFL having to intervene to get deals done.............

Just have to wonder how focussed we were on the week with the Chairman under pressure from all sides (racing and NMFC), coach in a bitter dispute with club leaders, AFL having to intervene to get deals done.............

On the other hand, it might have distracted us from making a bad move like trading for Sam Power.

You are sounding like Caro. What does this have to do with Nev, Tim Harrington and Donald McDonald.

As far as Dean is concerned, all this stuff was going on when we won how many games in the second half of the year? Didn't seem to distract him from his job then, and there's a lot more to preparing for a game of footy than there is in trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be salary cap issues. I think both of them were still under contract...

Bang on. And the ugly ducklings pay an extra $700K over the top of the salary cap that everyone else works with.

Pick 28 might sound like a steal, but the Saints will be shelling out a lot of clams for these 2.

How is it that the Saints have so much room in the salary cap in order to accomadate the contracts of King, Gardiner, Schneider and Dempster anyway? I don't get how, with their list, they are able to give relief to anyone else.

Audit 'em.

Schneider would've been a good replacement in a few years for for an ageing Shagga.

geez, the saints have done well with king and gardiner, dempster and schneider. I would've liked gardiner from geelong, he has real pace and dominated the vfl final from what i saw.

Saints probably had room in the cap with thompson and gehrig leaving.

Kangas should've gone for gardiner. What do you guys reckon?
We need defenders and midfielders with pace.
It would be nice if we could move firrito onto the ball, but we don't seem to have that luxury just yet. Petrie will surely go down back next season.

Gibson, Petrie, Watt (theres nobody else lol), Pratt, Smith, Hansen and Firrito. I would through in Lower or Riggio either down back or in the middle to lay some hard tackles.

Maybe we should put wells at half back flank. Can't wait till he's fully fit, he was averaging 20 possies and kicking goals before his knee went.
Hope ppl get off his back and support him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Schneider/Dempster for Pick 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back