Scott Gumbleton injured again (August 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of him getting another one year contract? I hope he does.

I remember reading him and Lachlan Hansen(they were pick 2 and 3 in the same draft, one as a CHF, the other as a CHB) were tipped to have great battles against eachother over there careers.

Was he injury prone as a junior, or was it only after entering the afl system?

Feel bad for the guy, and all the others mentioned who give it their all to make it, only to have persistent injuries cut them down.

Unluckiest player injury-wise ever in the AFL?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-04/gumbys-new-setback

I remember when I was a teenager hearing on the radio about Peter Motley's terrible car accident one night in Carlton - cut-down with significant head injuries just as he had barely started what really could have been a stellar career at Carlton (young bloke really looked the goods); Peter is doing fine now but it was a very sad blow at the time. Also remember the great Darren Milane - he really was a talent that will always be remembered - RIP!

In terms of injury on the field I reckon Neale Daniher was cruelled - sadly he's now suffering MND: a crueller disease it is hard to find!

Last edited:

I love gumby. He is like a poor mans Kepler.

Why is it these cult types never have long/uninterrupted careers???

Too liked? Sad to see his fremantle run might be over. Though tbo I'd invest one more year since Pavlich is gone soon imagine if Gumby got right and gave freo a replacement for an extended premiership window? 28-31 age.

I love gumby. He is like a poor mans Kepler.

Why is it these cult types never have long/uninterrupted careers???
That's why they become cult heroes. It's either out of the knowledge that you will never get to see their full potential due to injuries not a lack of trying, or they are cult heroes because we know they are trying but will never ever be a match winner, but will always give 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Gumbleton injured again (August 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back