Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is taking avoiding your responsibilities and lack of transparency to a whole new level :oops:

mate are you on another planet?

We have no idea how bad this is going to be, what measures we will need to take, where do we draw the line etc etc.

Any budget they drew up would be torn up in a weeks time.

ScoMo is finished

His over reaction to this will prove as costly as Rudd’s panic

See ya ScoMo, hello dole queues kids
Yeahnar

newscorp still ram him down the bootlickers throats and he was on the child-groomers radio show this morning.

mate are you on another planet?

We have no idea how bad this is going to be, what measures we will need to take, where do we draw the line etc etc.

Any budget they drew up would be torn up in a weeks time.

Just because you do not like the numbers does not mean you can ignore them.

Maybe it is time to announce that the franking credits party is over. At this time is franking credit refunds really the best use of that money? I seriously doubt it.

It might be hard but they still need budgets and policy.

Well this is taking avoiding your responsibilities and lack of transparency to a whole new level :oops:

Morrison postpones federal budget to October
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said given the uncertainty around forecasts it had become impossible to hand down a budget in May.
“As a result, we have already decided that we will not be now handing down a budget until the first Tuesday in October,” he said.
“The idea that you can actually put together any sort of forecast around the economy at this time is simply not sensible.
“As a result, we will be putting in place the necessary measures, with the support of the Parliament, on supply and other continuances to ensure the proper functioning of government services.”

If a budget was handed down in May on economic forecasts that then were useless by mid-May, then you'd be criticising the government for having "rose-coloured" glasses in their forecasting and telling everyone they should have known better.

Also, government budgets are a laborious, time-intensive process that would take away from other, some would argue more pressing, needs.

Without budgets how the F are thousands of govt departments and the related thousands of private enterprises going to plan?

On a side note...did Scummo just lock in October as the earliest this thing could be over?

Yeahnar

newscorp still ram him down the bootlickers throats and he was on the child-groomers radio show this morning.
powerful allies when you use 70% of the print game - now electronic too - as a public relations organ of the liberal party. and you have dingbats who still believe to earth is flat who will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Just because you do not like the numbers does not mean you can ignore them.

Maybe it is time to announce that the franking credits party is over. At this time is franking credit refunds really the best use of that money? I seriously doubt it.

mate we have enough on our hands without trying to restructure the tax system.

powerful allies when you use 70% of the print game - now electronic too - as a public relations organ of the liberal party. and you have dingbats who still believe to earth is flat who will swallow it hook, line and sinker.
That's why i'm on the " don't sack scomo " train

campaigners can reap it.

Nothing better than seeing smarmy campaigners get humbled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said given the uncertainty around forecasts it had become impossible to hand down a budget in May.
“As a result, we have already decided that we will not be now handing down a budget until the first Tuesday in October,” he said.
“The idea that you can actually put together any sort of forecast around the economy at this time is simply not sensible.
“As a result, we will be putting in place the necessary measures, with the support of the Parliament, on supply and other continuances to ensure the proper functioning of government services.”

In normal circumstances I'd agree, future projections though are about as certain as the AFL fixture for 2020. Certainly an economic update is a fair ask.

I'm long past caring mate , level-playing field might finally humble some people

I'm putting my faith in 'what goes around'.

EG
Now might be the time that bogan Queenslanders realise that digging up the food bowl for coal isn't that great an idea.

I will also emphasise, it is not like Treasury have packed up and are not doing anything.

And they are not working on a Covid-19 cure.

A budget is where the government reports to the people of Australia through a public forum that is the parliament. This is simply removing another layer of transparency which is exactly what this government does at every single turn.

Future expenditure is not.

I challenge any business or household to get through the next 6 months whilst ignoring their budgets.

I'm sure someone of a similar political view as yours once said "don't compare a government's budget to a business or a household budget".

States are also delaying their budgets, Liberal and Labor alike.

You can't break the promise of delivering budget surpluses if there's no budget to hand down. ;)

giphy.gif

I accept their views. I made that clear.
We have to deal with the fact that there are many people that want asylum seekers to be treated like crap, don't give a rats if the govt is corrupt etc etc.
It ain't pretty but we have to deal with it.
Particularly the Labor party...they need to figure out a way to appease those types of voters just enough that they will vote for them.
That other so called major party that’s also corrupt. Please tell us more about how they’re less corrupt than the Coalition?

You can't break the promise of delivering budget surpluses if there's no budget to hand down. ;)

giphy.gif

Didn't they say surplus already happened?
By October, they will probably claim we've been in surplus for a year. A gold star for good economic managers.

Future expenditure is not.

I challenge any business or household to get through the next 6 months whilst ignoring their budgets.

In a business you dont have the commentary that surrounds the Fed, you change it as circumstances change.

The Feds need to be able to move around as circumstances change.
Are you flagging extra stimulus over the next 12 months be put out there? Every man & his dog expects the Feds to fund them, we cant let the rest of the world recovery pass us by because we were overgenerous with handouts.

The Reserve Bank hasnt got anything up their sleeve.

That other so called major party that’s also corrupt. Please tell us more about how they’re less corrupt than the Coalition?

I'm more than happy to have a Federal ICAC investigate all corruption and for all corrupt politicians to go to prison for a long time.
You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back