Autopsy Season 2017 - "St Kilda v Melbourne Rd 21 2017"

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that was genius in the perception on how the 1st quarter would go.

Too bad it was a precursor to the hysterics who actually post the tripe
Haha I know mate

You bloody jinxed us though! ;) :p

It does kind of drop us back in the pack a bit. If I was choosing a list I'd pick Carlton's then us then Roos. If we scraped into finals and had an honourable loss it would have glossed over the brown bits and sent us to the front for a minute.
Yep, thats how it works.

its almost like he was suggesting that we outscored them for the rest of the game, and it was our disgusting effort in the first quarter which cost us the game.
pfft. What a thing to think.

Like it is fact or something. I hope everyone rolled their eyes at him.

It does kind of drop us back in the pack a bit. If I was choosing a list I'd pick Carlton's then us then Roos. If we scraped into finals and had an honourable loss it would have glossed over the brown bits and sent us to the front for a minute.
Carlton's? Seriously!?

SMH

They're on track for another spoon, while already having 4 number 1 picks on their list & picks 1 & 2 from 2005.... Have a good look at their best players every week - Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson & Kreuzer. Cripps is a gun but that's 1 good youngster. Doherty is a gun.

They are well coached, but they are putrid. Reminds me of us in 2012-2013 when we all thought the young blokes looked really good, but turned out that they just looked alright because the team we had was shit & falling down the ladder.

Gimme our list everyday of the year

What do you expect him to do?
Flip the ******* table over in anger?
People laugh at how some coaches behave at pressers. And because he doesnt do the same it is pathetic?
Of course. He should have blubbed like a child
Then he should get a Bigfooty account where he would fit right in

What do you expect him to do?
Flip the ******* table over in anger?
People laugh at how some coaches behave at pressers. And because he doesnt do the same it is pathetic?
I love how you make assumptions in your posts

You didn't even ask me what my issue was with it...

But you ask what I wanted him to do then go onto to answer your own question somewhat about what he shouldn't be doing

Let's be honest. It's not about what I actually post it's about the need for you to have someone to fulfil the protagonist role on here for you so you can enjoy the forum. Go watch a movie or something. You'll love game of thrones

Carlton's? Seriously!?

SMH

They're on track for another spoon, while already having 4 number 1 picks on their list & picks 1 & 2 from 2005.... Have a good look at their best players every week - Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson & Kreuzer. Cripps is a gun but that's 1 good youngster. Doherty is a gun.

They are well coached, but they are putrid. Reminds me of us in 2012-2013 when we all thought the young blokes looked really good, but turned out that they just looked alright because the team we had was shit & falling down the ladder.

Gimme our list everyday of the year

I reckon they are tanking. They seems to offer a bit then stop. They cheat for the sake of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of Saint supporting flogs on facebook, having potshots at JB being Sainter of the Day. they digust me.

I admire their balls, at least no one knows who I am when I melt on here.

Lots of Saint supporting flogs on facebook, having potshots at JB being Sainter of the Day. they digust me.

You forgot one of the 10 commandments ( can't remember which number)

Thou shalt not read Facebook comments...at any time, but especially after a loss.

I love how you make assumptions in your posts

You didn't even ask me what my issue was with it...

But you ask what I wanted him to do then go onto to answer your own question somewhat about what he shouldn't be doing

Let's be honest. It's not about what I actually post it's about the need for you to have someone to fulfil the protagonist role on here for you so you can enjoy the forum. Go watch a movie or something. You'll love game of thrones

I don't need to when you have form.
Not the first time. Won't be the last time either.
You expect more from his presser. What it is who knows. But you seriously do not rate him.
Actually if you are playing a role it is the Antagonist. Not protagonist.

Not enough heat on the likes of Savage, Newnes and Webster IMO.

Yes, we lacked kicking efficiency from the likes of Seb Ross and Jack Steele, but those two's main job is to get the ball. Each had 27 possessions as inside mids.

Both Savage and Newnes seem incapable of lowering the eyes, they don't have the poise to go with their long kicking ability, and neither have a good low, piercing kick. They both got plenty of the footy today, mostly outside ball, but I fail to remember when they delivered quality ball to our forward players. Savage will be 27 next year, and Newnes 25.

Webster is a chameleon... he does have genuine talent in his boots - he has a penetrating low kick for instance, but doesn't consistently get enough of the footy.

For mine, I'd hang both Savage and Newnes out as trade bait... the long kicking game that they play is not suited for modern footy. I'd prefer to develop White and Rice, and to aim to bring in the likes of Tucker or another such outside player - but he must have either elite kicking or express pace.

I knew the Dees fans were something else but this one got through with a platter and a knife.
Are they elbow pads on his jacket.......we used to score bonus points for them if spotted when we were in the MCC Members. many years ago ....lol

Also bonus points for:

Sherlock Holmes look alikes

Sherlock Holmes pipes.

Columbo look alikes

On my first visit into the MCC Members...couldn't believe how many of the "look alikes" were in there....was like being in another world.

Is that the recruiters fault for getting in so many poor kicks? 5 years of rubbish kicks drafted.
Hard to say. All the technical information from the draft combines is available so, in theory, the high draft picks should all be skilled. However there is a clear distinction between being a good field kick, which JB clearly is, and reliable set shot goal kicking. Often the set shot is taken when the player is still recovering from extreme exertion, and also there is also psychological pressure. Kicking clutch, or even simple, goals is different in front of 40,000 people as against 400. People react differently.

Our coach has always favoured players who are good kicks rather than athletes as they best suited his old game plan. Fighting the list manager to recruit the then retired Stuart Dew is the extreme example. In our glory years, ages ago now, we didn't have the best players but we did have forwards who were good set shots.In 2013 or 14 Breust was gunning for 24 goals straight without a miss. (Actually there was an out of bounds on the full in there, but no behinds). Apparently after the disappointment of poor conversion in the 2012 GF the core forwards had trained to improve their set shot kicking. A lot of that involved training when exhausted. It seemed to work for a while but our 2 best shots Breust and Gunston have been down since 2015.

It can't be that easy to correct otherwise everybody would do it. The Dogs are having the collective yips in front of goal this year.
Anyway JB and Gresham may come back next year and be dead eye dicks.

Possibly the most disappointed I've been for years. That first quarter was pathetic- not even in the contest.

The stats may say we're a better team than last year but the development is in reality so minimal. I just hope the club doesn't have its head in the sand and makes changes.

Development isn't a straightline but in the aggregate you need to be moving forward. We have stagnated.

Disappointing result, we seriously cracked under pressure in the first quarter. It was disappointing to see, that much is obvious. Having said that- I don't think we're behind where we should be this season. We had a much harder fixture this year, and I predicted as soon as I saw it "we will not make finals, we'll finish 9th-12th, and the year after we'll crack into the 8 and likely even finish Top 4". Obviously this can change drastically with players & staff leaving/entering the club, but given the pace of our development, we're right where I thought we should be given the fixture- just missing out on finals, again.

Granted, a miracle could happen and we could find ourselves in if Dogs & Eagles lose both of their next and we win both of our next, but it's very unlikely. Dogs & Eagles do have some tough games though, so anything could happen.

I'm not that disappointed in the grand scheme of things yet. I'll wait to see if my prediction comes true next year.

Tonight Mark Fine said that he believes Jack Steven has been "nursing a groin" - his words.
Any ITK's know if there is any truth to this I wonder? Would go a long way to explaining his lack of breakaway pace and general form this season, on top of his punctured lung.

Nursing about 20 Mac value meals, upsized

Seriously though def playing injuried

Sorry mate, but Gresham & Billings have both had 50+ shots on goal this year. Both clearly have the yips, but they are obscenely good numbers & are very good players. And Gresham is 19.... name another 19 yr old that's had 50 scoring shots at goal this year. The answer is none
If he starts kicking straight he might receive a bit more attention off the opposition too. But here's hoping. They have the skills so things could change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Season 2017 - "St Kilda v Melbourne Rd 21 2017"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back