Analysis Season 2020 - What should the season look like now?

Remove this Banner Ad

My tip is the Melbourne clubs will kick up a hell of a stink re playing the season out in interstate hubs, a number of players will go back to Melbourne in dribs and drabs and not come back, there will also be a Covid cluster in South East QLD at some stage and it will all get too hard and season 2020 will be cancelled.
bah-humbugggggggg

My tip is the Melbourne clubs will kick up a hell of a stink re playing the season out in interstate hubs, a number of players will go back to Melbourne in dribs and drabs and not come back, there will also be a Covid cluster in South East QLD at some stage and it will all get too hard and season 2020 will be cancelled.

At least the other states all have the advantage of seeing this all unfold in Vic (and now to a lesser extent NSW) and can be a little pre-warned & better prepared.

I think all the better Victorian players should allege breech of contract and join us at the Brissie Lions!!! They can get a game and move the family.

Dusty Martin Lynch would probably get a game for a start.

I actually wonder if something like this actually will happen (Probably not Dusty Martin though!)
If a few players from various Victorian teams decide that it‘s pretty good up here in QLD - they might not want to leave! (Especially if the WAG’s start thinking this too)

I actually wonder if something like this actually will happen (Probably not Dusty Martin though!)
If a few players from various Victorian teams decide that it‘s pretty good up here in QLD - they might not want to leave! (Especially if the WAG’s start thinking this too)
Great thought Athlonxp. Noble needs to get our wags to take all the targeted Vic player's wags on shopping tours. Show them the best hairdressers etc.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Loving Robbo on AFL360.......calling your Premier Queen Anna Palaszczuk for saving the season and bending over backwards to help.

....said Gill should repay the faith and have the GF at the Gabba. Said AFL was on every paper, tv news etc. in Qld.

...and for all the people saying not fair Lions and SUNS playing at home, to suck it up as Pies and Tigers play the MCG 15-16 times a season, its just flipped around now so big deal.

Then with a big smile, Gerard said "imagine the Lions in the GF at the Gabba, i love the Lions at the Gabba.."

It really is going to be a once in a lifetime chance for AFL to dominate in Qld.....our club must take every opportunity to cash in on it.

Great idea to put out the welcome mat to one and all...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bahhumbug was a joke my son

this is a real possibility. Now that Lions have earn't respect and are on the rise. Hodge played almost every game for two years and Birchall has almost played more games this year then he has in the previous two years. Destination Lions

this is a real possibility. Now that Lions have earn't respect and are on the rise. Hodge played almost every game for two years and Birchall has almost played more games this year then he has in the previous two years. Destination Lions

Exactly!
A Lions team on the rise with the possibility of a flag very soon and if there has to be hubs next year then a significant amount of home games as well.
And if COVID can be kept to 0 here in QLD - Player‘s wives and families might push some of their husbands/partners to seriously consider a permanent move to the Sunshine State to play footy.

Exactly!
A Lions team on the rise with the possibility of a flag very soon and if there has to be hubs next year then a significant amount of home games as well.
And if COVID can be kept to 0 here in QLD - Player‘s wives and families might push some of their husbands/partners to seriously consider a permanent move to the Sunshine State to play footy.
Lions 2021 first 22, #backtoback

Darcy Gardiner, Harris Andrews, Alex Witherden.
Adam Saad, Jack Payne, Daniel Rich.

Brodie Grundy, Lachie Neale, Marcus Bontempelli.
Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Zac Williams.

Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Dayne Zorko.
Zac Bailey, Max King, Cam Rayner.

Deven Robertson, Jarryd Lyons, Oscar McInerney, Cam Ellis-Yolmen.

Lions 2021 first 22, #backtoback

Darcy Gardiner, Harris Andrews, Alex Witherden.
Adam Saad, Jack Payne, Daniel Rich.

Brodie Grundy, Lachie Neale, Marcus Bontempelli.
Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Zac Williams.

Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Dayne Zorko.
Zac Bailey, Max King, Cam Rayner.

Deven Robertson, Jarryd Lyons, Oscar McInerney, Cam Ellis-Yolmen.

Our chances of nabbing 'covid/hub changers' will be tied to when clubs can start signing contracts. The longer that's delayed, the more hub experience the Southerners get and nabbing potential is exponentially related to time spent in a qld winter.

Just don't mention the summer.

Our chances of nabbing 'covid/hub changers' will be tied to when clubs can start signing contracts. The longer that's delayed, the more hub experience the Southerners get and nabbing potential is exponentially related to time spent in a qld winter.

Just don't mention the summer.
Might still be here in Summer the way things are going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Season 2020 - What should the season look like now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back