Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 10: Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at the Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Did my post mention beer?

No.

We do offer remedial reading classes on Thursday evenings. You might want to check it out.

We've got multiple hiding places. We were forced to after I Dont Care kept breaking in and pinching the good stuff.
As long as the mobbs medal room is kept safe I really shouldn’t be worried

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you share some of your wisdom?....I’m looking for another way to get better but I’m not sure it’s possible.
Wisdom is not achieved by receiving a distributed portion of insight. It is a lifelong pursuit to attain it.

Wait! This isn’t my match thread!

Get around Hatchy1992, who plays his 250th game and is this week's #ratoftheweek!

#ratoftheweek - Round 10 Edition

What an episode we have for you in the round 10 edition of #ratoftheweek. This week sees one of the most decorated players in the league bring up his 250th match. The former captain, All-SFA and premiership winning forward also brought up his 350th league goal with a four goal display against the Warriors (we won’t talk any more about that game). Please welcome star Swamprat full forward Hatchy1992.

hatchy.png

Me: Did you expect that you would make it to 250 games when you started at the Gumbies all those seasons ago?
H: I don't think anyone entering the league expects it to make it to 100 games, let alone 250, certainly not myself anyway so it's an achievement I am very honoured with and very excited to make this week.

Me: Can you tell us how the big move from the Dragons happened? Did philreich have to go on a hunger strike outside your house for several hours?
H: It's a move that's been in the works for a number of seasons now, in fact I think it was Ant Bear that messaged me to join the Rats about the same time the Dragons did all those seasons ago, but I always maintained that I'd join one day. philreich got into my ear at the end of season 29 about a move for season 30, obviously I wasn't ready at the time, but I am here now and I'm glad I eventually made the move.

Me: How did the Dragons take the news?
H: It was very difficult to break the news so out of respect to the club that I played over 100 times with I decided to wait until the end of the season to break it to them. There was alot of dissapointment but they all understood my position so I am very grateful for that, and I'm still getting tagged in Dragons match threads! Sometimes I see Knifey Spoony and serial_thrilla trod slowly past my favourite haunt at Sin City, the Underground bar.

Me: How have you found it working in a crowded forward line alongside such household qooty names such as SarahSmiles and LukeParkerno1?
H: It's been an honor this season. SarahSmiles has held the full forward mantle at the Rats for a long time and while I didn't expect to get the nod for FF this season I am very grateful that I was entrusted with it. Although I've had an inconsistent start in front of goals, I finally feel i'm starting to find my feet and I hope I'm repaying the faith.

Me: Who is the toughest defender you've played on?
H: Oh that's a tough one. There have been a number of good defenders that i've had good battles with over the seasons, but I always have good battles with Callums_Guns and I think he'd say the same thing.

Me: The Rats are currently going through a bit of a form slump and the media pressure is starting to ramp up. How do you keep focussed amid the media speculation and innuendo?
H: I've always had the mantra to never take notice of external opinion. And the rest of the club are the same I think. People are always going to have a bit to say, and that's fully within their rights, but I just put my head down and continue doing my role for the team. Eventually it will all click for us and everything will naturally fall into place after that.

Me: Have you found an eatery in Sin City to rival Dragon Island Subway?
H: Dragon Island subway had amazing subs, however SarahSmiles told me about the burger joint in Sin City a few weeks ago so I decided to try it and while I don't like comparing eateries, there was something about this burger joint that made me want to go back to it.

Me: Congrats again on reaching 250 games!
H: Thanks jackster. It's an achievement I am very proud of. Hopefully I can do the team proud this week and help us come away with a much needed victory.

Narrator: Several of Hatchy’s former team mates also stopped by to express their congratulations

AceAndy:
Great effort to get to 250 games Hatchy :thumbsu:

I see you slotted your 350th goal on the weekend. I recall in a fortnight last season you kicked 3.11 which means you are probably the SFA record holder with about 1200 points :D

A legend of the Dragons and great team man , co-captained the mighty Dragons to the season 28 premiership and was a great qooty player who I am sure would be welcome back at the Dragons.

Enjoy your 250th mate.

serial_thrilla:
Congratulations on the huge milestone Hatchy: it is a fantastic achievement over a very long period of time. Hopefully you've successfully infiltrated Sin City and stolen the Rats' qooty cheat codes; we look forward to seeing you in Dragon colours once more in S32. :)

This week we'll pour out one of these at Crocodile Drunkees on Dragon Island in your honour:

1602481383012-png.1095241

Knifey Spoony:
Hatchy my dear sweet prince; congratulations on this amazing milestone. It goes without mentioning that you are a legend of the Dragons, so I will admit my disappointment that you achieve this effort at another club. I will advise their is still time to get suspended until the end of season when you can heroically return...

Hatchy, you are a ripper Qooty player and an even better mate. Your favourite stool at Crocodile Drunkees will be forever reserved until you return, but until then, congratulations on a massive milestone in what has been an excellent career. Well done lad!

Well that's all we have time for in this week's episode of #ratoftheweek. Please tune in again next week.

We had competing sponsorship arrangements in Sin City. West End was the offical beer of the Swamprats while Ant Bear was captain.
I had to open a secret underground Underground bar.

Supersuns early origins of the bunker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back