Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 10: Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at the Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

There was an exam question for year 11 biology, which read, "Why does a stork stand on 1 leg in the water?" One student wrote, "Because if he stood on 2 legs, the fish would know it’s a stork, and if he stood on no legs, he'd fall in the water."

There was an exam question for year 11 biology, which read, "Why does a stork stand on 1 leg in the water?" One student wrote, "Because if he stood on 2 legs, the fish would know it’s a stork, and if he stood on no legs, he'd fall in the water."

Impressive, I did used to have a few more ones like this - but some were quite nerdy/engineery....

My favourite....

funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-1.jpg

Actually back to European History, I had a complete mental block in a test one day - as usual, I ruled up my page and put my name and the date at the top. Then I looked at the test question, and my brain froze!!! At the end of the allotted time, I handed up a blank page!!!!!!

When the teacher handed back everyone's papers, he says, "Some of you did very well, some of you did OK (then he looks at me), and some of you just sat there and vegetated."

Last edited:
Actually back to European History, I had a complete mental block in a test one day - as usual, I ruled up my page and put my name and the date at the top. Then I looked at the test question, and my brain froze!!! At the end of the allotted time, I handed up a blank page!!!!!!

When the teacher handed back everyone's papers, he says, "Some of you did very well, some of the did OK (then he looks at me), and some of you just sat there and vegetated."

During an advanced mathematics class, we had a PhD student teaching (part of the PhD requirements is that they teach - even if they are rubbish at it) - and she was terrible. very nervous, couldn't speak in public, scared of everything - was a disaster.

We had two tests, both worth around 5% of the mark, then the end of year exam worth 90%. During both tests, I walked in - sat down, grabbed the exam paper and then left - so at least I had the paper to work out what the end of year exam would likely be on and taught myself how to answer it.

Managed to pass overall, where several people who actually attempted the tests failed....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During an advanced mathematics class, we had a PhD student teaching (part of the PhD requirements is that they teach - even if they are rubbish at it) - and she was terrible. very nervous, couldn't speak in public, scared of everything - was a disaster.

We had two tests, both worth around 5% of the mark, then the end of year exam worth 90%. During both tests, I walked in - sat down, grabbed the exam paper and then left - so at least I had the paper to work out what the end of year exam would likely be on and taught myself how to answer it.

Managed to pass overall, where several people who actually attempted the tests failed....
A mate of mine tells the rather amusing story of a girl in his class, who wasn't all that bright. One day he was sitting next to her in maths, and the conversation went something like this:

Teacher: OK class - who can tell me how many seconds there are in a minute?
Mate: (whispering) 60.
Girl: 60.
Teacher: Very good. Now who can tell me how many minutes there are in an hour?
Teacher: Excellent. Now who can tell me how many hours there are in a day?

At this point, the classroom erupted into laughter, and the teacher was unable to continue the lesson for several minutes.

I was offered a chocolate bar that was found floating in the swimming pool, it was a bit nutty
True story, we were at the pool a few weeks ago and suddenly the lifeguards starting asking people to please leave the pool and wait till we got the all clear to go back in...I straight away thought ‘oh no someome has drowned or a kid is missing etc’
Then they started scooping the whole pool with big nets and I thought ‘oh someones lost an engagement ring or something valuable’ so I asked someone and they said ‘no we think someone may have had a little ‘accident’ in the pool.

We ****ing packed up and went home, thank you very much 🤢

True story, we were at the pool a few weeks ago and suddenly the lifeguards starting asking people to please leave the pool and wait till we got the all clear to go back in...I straight away thought ‘oh no someome has drowned or a kid is missing etc’
Then they started scooping the whole pool with big nets and I thought ‘oh someones lost an engagement ring or something valuable’ so I asked someone and they said ‘no we think someone may have had a little ‘accident’ in the pool.

We ******* packed up and went home, thank you very much 🤢

Sorry for ruining your day.

A mate of mine tells the rather amusing story of a girl in his class, who wasn't all that bright. One day he was sitting next to her in maths, and the conversation went something like this:

Teacher: OK class - who can tell me how many seconds there are in a minute?
Teacher: Very good. Now who can tell me how many minutes there are in an hour?
Teacher: Excellent. Now who can tell me how many hours there are in a day?

At this point, the classroom erupted into laughter, and the teacher was unable to continue the lesson for several minutes.

That is brilliant. Same teacher as above, had two memorable things happen (probably contributing to her love of teaching !!).

1. We had a roller whiteboard - attached on top of another whiteboard and was fixed to a runner at the top of the wall. This way, they could prepare the work and then reveal the answer or questions - by shifting the top roller board out of the way.

Except one day - someone removed the stopper at the top - so the poor girl moved the roller board out of the way - off the wall with an enormous crash, tears and hysteria....

2. Another day she couldn't open her whiteboard marker, so handed it to Frank, sitting up the front, who accidentally flexed it rather than twisting it and snapped it in half...

Poor Frank had to repeat the class - not sure if these two things are related.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 10: Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at the Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back