Official Match Thread Season 31: Round 2 - Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have any reggies for you to kill I'm afraid. I could try to recruit the one from the West Coast board if you like?

Ritual sacrifice couldn't hurt our chances this weekend I guess. I'll start learning some incantations.

I would have accepted this as gospel and the truth if it was something like Dum-beez or scum-bies.

Ho-humbies would have been inventive. This is just how good the Gumbies are this year - we are so efficient we are doing our opponent's work for them.

The lack of lolly bags is a real travesty of adulthood.

Bertie beetle bags.

The 90's were horrible just because they got rid of it in favour of vegetables of all things, I mean really now.

Thanks for asking. It was a bit confusing at first but I've stopped wondering what is all about I'm having a blast. Lots of laughs at what people are posting, and love that it's all good natured with noone losing the plot and getting narky. So far anyway.

Thanks for invite Dingster

It might be best to thank Dingster after you've played the Bombers. You may just hate him for all eternity after that experience.

I am absolutely here for the regicide!

Whilst in Europe, I learned a few other ways of knocking off Kings. Sword through the bottom of the privy is another. Who would ever want to be a Royal.....*looks at Royals*. The Filth Wizard is still captain so there hasn't been any talk of backstabbing just yet.

Whilst in Europe, I learned a few other ways of knocking off Kings. Sword through the bottom of the privy is another. Who would ever want to be a Royal.....*looks at Royals*. The Filth Wizard is still captain so there hasn't been any talk of backstabbing just yet.

I'd bloody love to get backstabbed.

If I ran a marathon you'd better believe I would be wearing the participation medal haha - it's an epic accomplishment.

And I have no issue with participation trophies - just resent the way they are used to talk down to Gen Y as though we demanded them. Every sporting participation trophy I ever got was given to me by my boomer parents and their boomer mates who ran the sports leagues I participated in. And they looked a lot more fun than any of the most consistent player awards I got which were usually a crappy certificate.

absolutely!

Participation trophies work, not just for kids, I hate the exact line of argument you're talking about.

Also the issues they lay on youngsters are not generational, they're young people being young people.

Oldies have been complaining about "young people these days" well before Gen Y and now millennials, I reckon Adam and Eve were complaining about Kaine and Abel and it has continued every generation since.

The lack of lolly bags is a real travesty of adulthood.
Im not saying it is the only reason I had kids, but the fact that it made eating Fairy Bread and lollies more socially acceptable was certainly a consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not saying it is the only reason I had kids, but the fact that it made eating Fairy Bread and lollies more socially acceptable was certainly a consideration.

Does it work for chocolate crackles also? I'm in, if so.

absolutely!

Participation trophies work, not just for kids, I hate the exact line of argument you're talking about.

Also the issues they lay on youngsters are not generational, they're young people being young people.

Oldies have been complaining about "young people these days" well before Gen Y and now millennials, I reckon Adam and Eve were complaining about Kaine and Abel and it has continued every generation since.

ā€œThe children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.ā€ - Socrates. Definitely a tale as old as time itself is generational shit-flinging. Seems the bar was much lower back in Soccy's days though - dare say we've all indulged in some dainty gobbling at the table these days.

Thanks for asking. It was a bit confusing at first but I've stopped wondering what is all about I'm having a blast. Lots of laughs at what people are posting, and love that it's all good natured with noone losing the plot and getting narky. So far anyway.

Thanks for invite Dingster
Glad you're enjoying it. Has The Filth Wizard converted you to Northism yet? Nobes has serious expectations.

If it's backstabbing are you recommending Grindr as an app for inept homosexuals? Aim must be important.

From my mate's apparent strike rate on it - there doesn't appear to be any issues with ineptitude nor aim for the lads on there.

Glad you're enjoying it. Has The Filth Wizard converted you to Northism yet? Nobes has serious expectations.

A premiership in for years wasn't it? North take a good man and ruin him with their lack of self awareness. But it's ok, we'll take him back in time for him to celebrate our fourth premiership in five years with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 31: Round 2 - Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back