Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple more posts champ and you might get moved to the back pocket!
Mmmmm, like some player who made the all-SFA side and won the history making TeflonTiger award from the back pocket last season hey?

Lofty goals indeed.

Last decent Aussie movie was Happy Feet
cracking up lol GIF

Now don’t say that again!

Finished Australia Day with a psychological thriller on Shudder, 1982's 'Next of Kin'. I'd never heard of it, but apparently, it's part of that Oz New Wave that Quentin Tarantino loves (it also has a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score). An interesting enough movie, but seemed very much of it's time (the plot twist is pretty common for that era), and whenever I watch old Australian movies I do appreciate what they did with limited budgets. Not sure if I'll ever watch it again, but as a curio of Australian cinema when it was still a very independent scene it's worth watching.
Ever watched "Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation" ? Tarantino features quite heavily and is very passionate about some of our old films.

We do have some underrated gems out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever watched "Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation" ? Tarantino features quite heavily and is very passionate about some of our old films.

Flying high is one that should be seen.

Let’s get on it campaigner!
Might of been the gin described as "navy strength" that got me.
Restart well on its way, no work tomorrow so long weekend ahead.

One of my best mates is John Lamond's son. Lamond created/cast/wrote/shot/edited and in many ways almost invented the genre.

His works include: NQH as above, Australia After Dark, The ABC of Love, Felicity, The Devil In Evening Dress, Pacific Banana and of course, the career ending Sky Pirates.

Flying high is one that should be seen.
I was more talking aussie films but flying high is a classic. Easily one of the funniest films ever made.

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

I was more talking aussie films but flying high is a classic. Easily one of the funniest films ever made.

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
I think this is our Russell Coight acolyte's way of telling you he doesn't give the slightest phuque about anything remotely concerned with an earnest cultural discussion, on this day especially, where culture is the folly of the elite.
The poor dear hasn't fully recovered from yesterday's book-group yet.

One of my best mates is John Lamond's son. Lamond created/cast/wrote/shot/edited and in many ways almost invented the genre.

His works include: NQH as above, Australia After Dark, The ABC of Love, Felicity, The Devil In Evening Dress, Pacific Banana and of course, the career ending Sky Pirates.
I'm a bit of a cinephile and have seen some of those names before but haven't seen them. Ill go hunt some down.

He loved a R rating apparently.

I'm a bit of a cinephile and have seen some of those names before but haven't seen them. Ill go hunt some down.

He loved a R rating apparently.
Truthfully, there is much dross in among the finery, but what he does brilliantly is capturing the raw and prosaic and the essence of the time.
I cannot really say watch this, or that, because they all have merit in various ways, but they all stink in other areas.
He did actually carry on making features in Singapore and Thailand for Asian audiences too, but I have yet to see any of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back