Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 1: Coney Island Warriors v Roys FFC @ Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm impressed to see that the song contest is still going

Even got 30 noms this week. Solid core of a dozen or more posters keep it strong.

I still watch the thread and listen to some playlists, but rarely play anymore.
My bogan pub rock music taste generally doesn't fly well there.

Even got 30 noms this week. Solid core of a dozen or more posters keep it strong.

I dipped when all the extra requirements started coming in and it got more serious than fun.

I dipped when all the extra requirements started coming in and it got more serious than fun.
There was a very hostile period when certain posters were participating which took away the charm of the contest driving a few posters away. I was very close to pulling the pin myself but, luckily, it's recovered and it's mostly played in good spirits now.

New album is good, surprised it missed the SC this week.
Lana Del Rey's new LP was excellent. The National, Depeche Mode, Miley Cyrus, M83 and Skrillex some other big names that also missed out (although their quality was more mixed).

I'll vote for your bogan pub rock!

I'll just do it on the bay anyway. Its probably been about a month since i haven't banzhammered Elmer_Judd during a weekend :)
Love your work. I gave Flog is the Win a holiday last night, feels good 👍

Lana Del Rey's new LP was excellent. The National, Depeche Mode, Miley Cyrus, M83 and Skrillex some other big names that also missed out (although their quality was more mixed).
Eclectic tastes there

The Cost of Anger Index is through the roof!

Shush you - tigs2010 hasn’t figured out that some of the deductions on his salary aren’t real and are available for free !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bnn banner.png

HOLY SH*TBALLS YOU GUYS IT'S INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY TODAY!!!!!

We now cross to Friend of the Warriors Steve Buscemi for an update...

buscemi 80.gif

Thanks Steve, insightful as always! Stick around for more news as it comes to hand.​

Overall, I didn't mind the playlist. I ended up with a shortlist longer than expected, however, there were also a fair few billy contenders amongst them.

Eclectic tastes there
I'm a music tragic. Listen to roughly 15 new albums a week.

Speaking of albums, currently listening to -

Very meditative (others would say boring!)

Overall, I didn't mind the playlist. I ended up with a shortlist longer than expected, however, there were also a fair few billy contenders amongst them.
Same but I probably have the least discerning taste in the song contest. The top 5 was easy to vote on for once though.

Just on The National, I like them for the most part but their new album...

Not quite as eloquent as Pitchfork's review of Jet's Shine On which was just a video of a monkey pissing into its own mouth, but it's still one way to do a review.

Well, can you afford to be angry at me now and during the game ??
I don't need to be angry to be your enemy

Pia Smiling Assassin GIF by Australian Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 1: Coney Island Warriors v Roys FFC @ Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back