Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this mean you've slipped me drugs and put me on the 'medical model' or you're in the know beforehand that the campaigners are going to ban me again?
Let's just say, you seemed to strain your hammie somewhat while clearing your sinuses in the bathroom of Tuesday's B&F. It's beez's fault really for inviting Basil Z.

Carrying on the theme of random 90s kids shows

90s pizza GIF
I 100% should be the person you call when you want some pepperoni

Night all. I’m going for a run.
I am actually looking for exercise recommendations and if there's one thing I know about the internet it's that I should definitely take my medical advice from anonymous internet sports forums.

I started running recently after near 20 year post injury exercise hiatus, but after running a few times a week the ankle I injured has blown up like a balloon. Thinking I need lower impact exercise.

I tried the rower a bit but it's kind of hard to get the heart up. Weights are fun but not giving me the cardio. Bike seems pretty boring.

Any recommendations anyone wants to make for cardiovascular health that involve me keeping my pants on?

I am actually looking for exercise recommendations and if there's one thing I know about the internet it's that I should definitely take my medical advice from anonymous internet sports forums.

I started running recently after near 20 year post injury exercise hiatus, but after running a few times a week the ankle I injured has blown up like a balloon. Thinking I need lower impact exercise.

I tried the rower a bit but it's kind of hard to get the heart up. Weights are fun but not giving me the cardio. Bike seems pretty boring.

Any recommendations anyone wants to make for cardiovascular health that involve me keeping my pants on?
OMG I did that a couple of months ago.

Went for a couple of runs and bang goes the ankle.

NEVER. GET. OLD.

Let's just say, you seemed to strain your hammie somewhat while clearing your sinuses in the bathroom of Tuesday's B&F. It's beez's fault really for inviting Basil Z.
Excuse you! I would never do such a thing.

The only basil I am inviting is basil pesto. Inviting in my tummy.

OMG I did that a couple of months ago.

Went for a couple of runs and bang goes the ankle.

NEVER. GET. OLD.
Yeah mine didn't go bang but my ankle nearly doesn't fit in my boots it's so swollen. I had rods go in at the base of the tibia so there's cartilage damage there.

But I got signed up for one of those corporate fun runs and I'm a very competitive person with multiple guys on my team who run marathons.

I do not like losing

You do realise the best exercise you can do for your body does not involve getting out of bed?

Just sayin'

Yeah mine didn't go bang but my ankle nearly doesn't fit in my boots it's so swollen. I had rods go in at the base of the tibia so there's cartilage damage there.

But I got signed up for one of those corporate fun runs and I'm a very competitive person with multiple guys on my team who run marathons.

I do not like losing
What are you in the Gumbies for then??

Still something wrong if swelling doesn't go down. Do you use strapping or an ankle brace, then ice and elevation after while the kids are jumping on you?

We have a couple of "Jacob ladders" of long stair climbs here where you can max benefit from less impact. Is that an option?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is walking an option? Take the same/similar route, time yourself, and try to drop your times each journey. Not sure about ankles but power walking is exponentially better on the knees than even a moderate jog.

Is walking an option? Take the same/similar route, time yourself, and try to drop your times each journey. Not sure about ankles but power walking is exponentially better on the knees than even a moderate jog.
This is excellent advice but I also don't like accepting that I'm old. I would rather put up with a chronic injury than act my age

Baghdad.png

BAGHDAD BOMBERS OFFICIAL TEAMSHEET
S38 ROUND 1 VS GUMBIES FFC

B: Kilroy / Jabba73 / Footy Is The Win
HB: The Sultan / BLUEALLTHRU / kickthething
C: tomjoad / Bovo / mcgrath_truther
HF: Grav / Pugsley / CursingFijian
F: iDon / gab213 / KohPhi
FOLL: MayTheNorthBeWithU / snozulu / norway blue
INT: VainGlorious / PaPaPete
MILESTONES

mcgrath_truther SFA DEBUT
PaPaPete SFA DEBUT
MayTheNorthBeWithU 50 GAMES

THE FUTURE LOOKS ROSIE IN BAGHDAD

After 35 games over 2 seasons with the Wonders, the guy with the name that you could down two schooners by the time you’ve finished pronouncing it MayTheNorthBeWithU saw the light & joined the Bombers in Season 37.

Alphabet as he was fondly nicknamed by BLUEALLTHRU is fast becoming a great acquisition for the club, starring both on & off the field.

Congratulations mate on bringing up you first 50 games in the SFA, I’m sure there will be many, many more to follow & I am proud to be your teammate . 🍻

Being a runner is like being a vegan! It’s a lifestyle choice that makes you entitled to tell every single person about it! But I’m a runner so what would I bloody know?

Nothing with pants on mate:p

After 35 games over 2 seasons with the Wonders, the guy with the name that you could down two schooners by the time you’ve finished pronouncing it MayTheNorthBeWithU saw the light & joined the Bombers in Season 37.

Alphabet as he was fondly nicknamed by BLUEALLTHRU is fast becoming a great acquisition for the club, starring both on & off the field.

Congratulations mate on bringing up you first 50 games in the SFA, I’m sure there will be many, many more to follow & I am proud to be your teammate . 🍻
Congrats on 50 games Alphabet

I'll see you at training tonight.

Drunk Falling GIF

team america vomit GIF

Only bloke I know that drinks that stuff is Bovo and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed:p
Screw you! Mind you it’s just as disgusting as the only alternative! It should be law in SA that every pub should have Pirate Life and Prancing Pony on tap!

He is going to be a star. Congrats Alphabet.

The only Domain I know is the realestate app/website. I use it when I want to roleplay being able to afford to buy a property.
I've told you before, stop eating Avocado on toast and be born 20 years earlier. Once you have 1 house, all subsequent houses are like free.
It's great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back