Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy isn’t coming back.

We carry mutual friends. He’s beyond happy with his current setup by all accounts. Pie for life.

Perhaps those people who claimed we ‘did well’ considering our draft sanctions could look at how those poor decisions (that of course were to be clarified in due course but never were) continue to bear fruit.

Brodie Grundy would absolutely have been in the mix at our pick. Mismanagement, nepotism and shooting ourselves in the feet at every. single. turn. Will continue to be our downfall.

Our club now more than ever needs a full and comprehensive external review which starts at the board level and flows down.

We gave up pick 20 and Grundy was selected before that.

Though if we didn't screw ourselves with Tippett, we might have been in a position to force Sydney to give us something of value pick wise for Tippett which could have put us in the hunt for Grundy.

I know we were very keen on Grundy, but we were also very keen on Tim Broomhead as well. I suspect if we kept pick 20 that we would have taken Broomhead as the next available player that we were keen on.

We have a good run home ?

Are you serious ?

We would have to have close to the hardest run home in the AFL

Freo (A)
Hawthorn (A)
WCE (H)
Richmond (A)
Geelong (H)
Brisbane (A)
Melbourne (H)
Port (H)
GWS (A)
North (H)
Carlton (A)

If we're lucky we'll win 1 game out of our next four (Freo)

Next four games include a win against Brisbane and 3 50/50 games (I will give us 2/4 maybe 3/4 at the most) if everyone is fit.

GWS away will be a loss, North will be tough but if we have a fit side it's definitely winnable and Carlton will be a win (2/3)

At best I think there's only 5-6 wins there which won't even get us into the finals, to even suggest top 4 is beggars belief.

Yes I am Serious, Apart from Richmond our away games are very winnable, We play Freo, Hawks, Brisbane, GWS (Canberra) Carlton.
Out tough run is our Home games. and I would expect we will win a lot more of them than we lose.
Look at the Draw and the timing.
Our 2 weeks will point to where we will finish. Either way, we should finish in the 8.

So Smith is realistically 2 months away, why sugarcoat it?

We have a good run home? Are you on drugs? It’s been rated the second hardest.

Wait and see on Smith. I am tipping the Richmond game. but some are saying earlier.

And yes we a have a good run Home, not too easy, setting up for a finals failure, and Not as Hard as some like to think. All our Away game apart from Richmond you could say are winnable. our Home Games should always be better than 60/40. more so with Sloane and Walker back.
Pull the Draw apart, Look at our travel times, (which make the Hawks game the toughest), the game times, Who we play and where who they played and where the week before. Which teams are playing on hard surfaces most weeks,
As I have mentioned before the next 2 weeks will determine where we finish in the 8.
And don't forget our Last 6-7 games could be when we have all but 1 of our best 22 players available.

But I guess you have to be on Drugs to actually pull the draw apart and make your own determination. rather than simply following what the media is telling you.

We gave up pick 20 and Grundy was selected before that.

Though if we didn't screw ourselves with Tippett, we might have been in a position to force Sydney to give us something of value pick wise for Tippett which could have put us in the hunt for Grundy.

I know we were very keen on Grundy, but we were also very keen on Tim Broomhead as well. I suspect if we kept pick 20 that we would have taken Broomhead as the next available player that we were keen on.

As you said - that’s without factoring in the compensation we should’ve gotten for Tippett. We should’ve been able to snare both.

Luckily heads rolled, complete accountability was shown and we had a full and thorough clean out of the club...

Oh wait.

I recall hearing this from Matt Rendell a year or so after the draft. We'd have ended up with Tim Broomhead

Wait and see on Smith. I am tipping the Richmond game. but some are saying earlier.

And yes we a have a good run Home, not too easy, setting up for a finals failure, and Not as Hard as some like to think. All our Away game apart from Richmond you could say are winnable. our Home Games should always be better than 60/40. more so with Sloane and Walker back.
Pull the Draw apart, Look at our travel times, (which make the Hawks game the toughest), the game times, Who we play and where who they played and where the week before. Which teams are playing on hard surfaces most weeks,
As I have mentioned before the next 2 weeks will determine where we finish in the 8.
And don't forget our Last 6-7 games could be when we have all but 1 of our best 22 players available.

But I guess you have to be on Drugs to actually pull the draw apart and make your own determination. rather than simply following what the media is telling you.
Well I think you’re certainly pulling something

Very intelligent and well thought out reply, Highlighting one of the weaknesses with Big Footy, Play the ball not the man,

Let's wait and see. Don't be fooled by the media as they are a guilty of as much misinformation as the Club.
You think I’m forming my opinion of our chances this year by the media and you’re the insulted by a joke?

Hilarious over on the Port board after this morning’s SEN radio interview with Wines...

Some are saying if he goes back to vicco they should easily be able to trade wines and their first (10 they reacon) for pick 1 and get Lukosius!!..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha... the delusions are simply amazing... wines can’t wven kick straight and has been pretty horrid this year tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think I’m forming my opinion of our chances this year by the media and you’re the insulted by a joke?

Yes I do and the more I read your posts the more I see the same media quotes.
But I am most likely wrong,
You spoke to Fagan, did you speak to anyone else. in regards to players returning from injuries,
Most people are so focused on our injury list and whos to blame for them, they are not asking good questions about returning players. They are letting the Crows dictate that area.
As for the Draw, the media and Data sperts have stated we have a hard draw. so we believe them and fail to do our own research.
Let's face a week or so ago some were arguing that Sloane was still in a moon boot yet he running pain-free changing directions and putting in some hard miles. And that Walker was out until after the bye even when it was mentioned he would be back for the Hawks game.
The Club stuffed up this year and so most are believing the worse and listening to the media.

But back on the Draw and our expectations, he just a few items I looked when working out where we are going to finish.
How good is Freo without Fyfe this year this month? next week.
How much better are the Crows when Walker returns against the Hawks,
2 very important outs and ins that could have an effect on our next 2 games.
The Crows then bring back 2 regular best 22 players after the Bye (Sloane, Knight) followed by a couple more in the following weeks. how much difference does that make the Crows.

Yet some are still looking at the Draw as if it impossible to win games.

Yes I do and the more I read your posts the more I see the same media quotes.
But I am most likely wrong,
You spoke to Fagan, did you speak to anyone else. in regards to players returning from injuries,
Most people are so focused on our injury list and whos to blame for them, they are not asking good questions about returning players. They are letting the Crows dictate that area.
As for the Draw, the media and Data sperts have stated we have a hard draw. so we believe them and fail to do our own research.
Let's face a week or so ago some were arguing that Sloane was still in a moon boot yet he running pain-free changing directions and putting in some hard miles. And that Walker was out until after the bye even when it was mentioned he would be back for the Hawks game.
The Club stuffed up this year and so most are believing the worse and listening to the media.

But back on the Draw and our expectations, he just a few items I looked when working out where we are going to finish.
The Crows then bring back 2 regular best 22 players after the Bye (Sloane, Knight) followed by a couple more in the following weeks. how much difference does that make the Crows.

Well if you do then you are more full of shit than I thought.

Except players don't just come back after months out and tear it up.

Hilarious over on the Port board after this morning’s SEN radio interview with Wines...

Some are saying if he goes back to vicco they should easily be able to trade wines and their first (10 they reacon) for pick 1 and get Lukosius!!..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha... the delusions are simply amazing... wines can’t wven kick straight and has been pretty horrid this year tbh.
Have you read some of the scenarios on here?

Nothing to look at there - "He's just concentrating on footy and loves it at Port. He will look at it at the end of the season and Kockie is really confident he will stay."

Nothing to look at there - "He's just concentrating on footy and loves it at Port. He will look at it at the end of the season and Kockie is really confident he will stay."
They'll find the cash I'm sure to match offers, it's not like they've been throwing big cash at Dixon/Ryder etc. :think:
I can see some Kochhead Sunrise cash cow calls being made during this season to Molly Pines, Nolly Vines, Holly Hines.

Interesting reply. but expect as anyone who has a different opinion to yours is naturally full of shit as you're the expert in all thing football.
When you suggest I don’t form my own opinions but follow what the media says, that’s not a differing opinion, that’s an insult and for that you can go **** yourself.

Except players don't just come back after months out and tear it up.
Tex does, its his 2nd game that normally shit. but he straightens us out and players like JJ, Betts, and Lynch play better when he in the team.
Yes let face it our Forward line is Crap without Walker, Even when Walker plays like shit the Other would pop up, but without him they suck.
Sloane may not come back in top form but his worst is better than some of the current replacements. and it forces teams to look at who they play a run with Gibbs or Sloane. also, give us more spread and outside run.
As for the Others, they ramp up the pressure on other's to perform. Knight put Atkin's, MacKay under pressure. Gov put a few more under pressure.

End of the Day we still need close to our best on the Park to go anywhere in the Finals.

When you suggest I don’t form my own opinions but follow what the media says, that’s not a differing opinion, that’s an insult and for that you can go **** yourself.

Wait let me get this straight, it OK for you to call other sheep and insinuate they do not form there own opinion but when they say the same about you it wrong. Is that how you play this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back