Review Semi Final, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs [Moratorium on negative opposition posting]

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If the umpires were trying to rig the game in the dogs favour why the hell would they elect to pay deliberate on Caleb Daniel 30m from goal to give Brisbane the chance to take the lead? In what was a blatantly terrible decision? Can that be answered

Oh spare me the Caleb Daniel call…
Thats been called 9 out of 10 times if you’ve watched any football this year.
Or is that one that usually goes the dogs way usually as well? I haven’t watched all your games. But you could be that 1 out of 10.

Must be nice.

If that single free kick, that was 90% there, is what balances out the lopsided free kick count in a tight final in your mind then that’s fine but the last thing I would ever complain or question anything about if I was a bulldogs supporter would be the umpiring.

Umpire Bias?

The Bontempeli overturned goal didn't have sufficient evidence to be overturned, but it did.

That deliberate out of bounds, should have gifted you a goal but it didn't.

Umpiring was poor for both sides.

Don't forget you scraped into the Top 4 due to a time keeping error which would have allowed the dogs to get into the top 4, so maybe this was karma.

But in reality your team is average, unfortunately that is the truth.
Every time someone has mentioned the timekeeper they’ve also failed to mention the Geelong game where the AFL actually came out and said they got it wrong (yes they actually admitted they were wrong).

So consider that additional 4 points that were “taken” from us and all that would’ve been required was a win by ANY margin in the last round to finish top 4.

But don’t let that get in the way of your story mate.

So hypothetically, if we do take away the Dogs deliberate out, does that make it 10-1 their way in the final quarter? I wonder what it was that turned our boys into such an undisciplined rabble.

Listened to the presser and Fagan literally got handed the perfect platform and didn’t comment on it. Just cop the fine for fu** sake and talk about the game being brought into disrepute.

Fagan isn't the type to publicly complain.....he's more likely to quietly look at the game, note things and put in a call or in writing officially to the umps. Do it in a dignified manner..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what a bloody flat feeling, I was too emotional to come online last night after the game, I can never recall being so wild re umpiring, took me an hour to get to sleep, I get over it quick though all settled down now.... I haven't read over the thread but for those who watched it on the TV was the umpiring as bad as it seemed to be live, easy to get caught up in boos, hisses and a woe is me mindset live at the game.

FWIW I thought Keidean Coleman and Hugh McCluggage were huge for us, Kiddy is going to be a star, the way he moves reminds me of Simon Black.
Yes the umpiring was that bad! 😖

VFL. Umps, VFL media, VFL rules, VFL commentators.
The ONLY thing that is national about this game....is the VFL takes money from every state.

I liked how fat eddie at Fox had Johnno Brown on the panel for 'balance' like Browny isnt a born and bred Vic living in Victoria with a job in the Vic media.

What was the Lachie Neale one on the wing with a few mins to go reversed for? I was at the game and haven't had a chance to see any replays.

That Big O free at the end, technically there I guess but that has been going on all night and they've never paid it, umpires should not be paying soft free kicks in the last minute of a tied final.

I'd also say it's not the time nor place for Dogs fans to be coming onto here and taking shots at us. Enjoy your win.

What was the Lachie Neale one on the wing with a few mins to go reversed for? I was at the game and haven't had a chance to see any replays.

That Big O free at the end, technically there I guess but that has been going on all night and they've never paid it, umpires should not be paying soft free kicks in the last minute of a tied final.

I'd also say it's not the time nor place for Dogs fans to be coming onto here and taking shots at us. Enjoy your win.

Linc got hit high by his opponent then wrestled the guy a bit and he fell over

I hate just blaming the Umpires.
Reality is, sides even, with the result clearly steered towards one side likely to win more than the other, purely because of umpiring.
28-19.
10-2 in the last quarter.
In professional sport, one poor decision can make a difference, and sometimes you just have to wear that. But I reckon pure umpiring errors favored the Dogs by about a dozen tonight. Thats errors. So many more going the Dogs way.

Farcical. The AFL review will let this through. Nothing to see here, move on please. But ask a reasonable neutral what they thought about the Umpiring. You know the answer.

I'm a reasonable neutral. The umpiring was fine and the last free kicks against Daniel for deliberate and to English for a ruck infringement were good calls.

Maybe be annoyed with Charlie Cameron for taking his eyes off the ball and completely blocking a guy 80 metres off the ball or McLuggage for clearly and inexplicably wondering into the protected zone.

I think with Hipwood, Bruce and McStay in that game the Lions would win. Wrong players went down at the wrong time.

I'm a reasonable neutral. The umpiring was fine and the last free kicks against Daniel for deliberate and to English for a ruck infringement were good calls.

Maybe be annoyed with Charlie Cameron for taking his eyes off the ball and completely blocking a guy 80 metres off the ball or McLuggage for clearly and inexplicably wondering into the protected zone.

I think with Hipwood, Bruce and McStay in that game the Lions would win. Wrong players went down at the wrong time.
What about the non holding the ball to rich or McCarthy getting whacked over the head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs [Moratorium on negative opposition posting]

Back