Prediction Semi Final: Changes Vs Collingwood (We survived to round 2!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman out lol do you know football people lol he had so many saving marks tonight and has been one of our best back all year. Him and young are the future of the club. Time to smarten up
Totally however he was a deer in the headlights for 1.5 qtrs and pretty much gave away 2-3 goals.. All good though, the whole team is better off having that dreadful start and overcoming it..

Logue had a poor game no doubt however he is part of our pressure up forward. I don't see how him being out improves our forward line.

If NOD doesn't get up then Tucker should come in.

Chapman did have a bit of a stinker, caught out by the pace

Amiss to stay, but if tabs plays well… not sure

The GPS numbers today will form the decision, not sentiment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure you can make changes to that side. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles for Tabs.

I also think that while Logue was poor, Amiss, Tabs and Lobb doesn’t work from a pressure perspective
I can’t remember which coach said it but I saw Tabs is on limited minutes today - I don’t see how you could bring him as a result

Amiss is a 196cm version of Bailey Fritsch. He will be fine with the space of the MCG, I don’t think there any many defenders with his pace off the mark. He’s fast, has good hands on the lead, and is typically a dead eye in front of goals aside from the early final jitters. We are just scratching the surface of his talent. You watch some early season WAFL and junior games and there is a slick hands in transition we haven’t even seen yet.

Difficult selection week coming up....
A lot depends on now noddy pulls up.
I do think we can have Lobb, Tabs, Logue and Amiss in the same forward line, would stretch the defense.
Logue can play a forward tagging role on Moore....doesnt matter if he doesnt get a kick, as long as Moore's influence is nullified.
Lots to consider....

???????........??????

Former players, understated, pragmatic, unwavering

Very similar

Makes sense since Justin learnt under Simmo

Amiss is a 196cm version of Bailey Fritsch. He will be fine with the space of the MCG, I don’t think there any many defenders with his pace off the mark. He’s fast, has good hands on the lead, and is typically a dead eye in front of goals aside from the early final jitters. We are just scratching the surface of his talent. You watch some early season WAFL and junior games and there is a slick hands in transition we haven’t even seen yet.
I compare Jye more to Gunston which I'd be very happy with 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amiss has to make way for Tabs I’m afraid assuming he gets through today OK. Bank the Jye magic and save him again for another day.

Glad I was not the only one having such devious thoughts 😂

Nah. I’ve appreciated Logue this year more than ever and I’m a hater. He had a mare last night but will have a real role v Pies as a shutdown forward.

If Tabs gets through and hits KPIs then I honestly have no idea what we’d do.

We need Logue to pair up on Maynard.
Maynard is a beast of a player and an absolute bully towards opposition players both mentally and physically, especially in the cauldron of a packed MCG, he would be licking his lips at the chance to get stuck into the likes of Amiss.
Logue and Maynard can scrap away at each other and cancel each other out and that’s a big win for us.
Maynard is crucial to the pies forward movement.
Moore will go to Lobb - the sheer size of Lobb demands Moores attention.
Amiss playing on Howe will be a test but probably best outcome for us.
They are very strong in defence, they play with absolute desperation, absorbing opposition pressure then slingshot movement forward via Daicos and quaynor.
I think we can win this game - they don’t tend to blow teams away and so at the very least we should be in the game in the final quarter. Anything is possible from there.
if we made it to a prelim or a granny we would need Logue back in defence to take Buddy or Jeremy cameron.
Especially Cameron. The damage he did yesterday to the pies was off the charts

I’d say to Logue he needs to sign this week. Do some winking to make him feel his spot is on the line. Then announce his 4 year extension.

Then drop him.
Haha,
That lowball offer looking much better after his game last night.
Great competitor but not a footballer.

Maynard is a beast of a player and an absolute bully towards opposition players both mentally and physically, especially in the cauldron of a packed MCG, he would be licking his lips at the chance to get stuck into the likes of Amiss.
Logue and Maynard can scrap away at each other and cancel each other out and that’s a big win for us.
They are very strong in defence, they play with absolute desperation, absorbing opposition pressure then slingshot movement forward via Daicos and quaynor.
I think we can win this game - they don’t tend to blow teams away and so at the very least we should be in the game in the final quarter. Anything is possible from there.
if we made it to a prelim or a granny we would need Logue back in defence to take Buddy or Jeremy cameron.

This is very true, we don't blow teams away at all so you have to be some sort of chance to snatch this one.

And if Tabs plays, Moore may try and go with him. Use Logue to get in the way...
I do actually think a forward line of Tabs, Lobb, Amiss and Logue can work well against the Pies....

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Semi Final: Changes Vs Collingwood (We survived to round 2!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back