Preview Semi Final: Hawks vs Sydney Swans, Teams and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appear to be alone in liking the team.

Stratton had to come in. Sydney have some tall forwards and with Schoey's form, we needed some insurance.

Sydney also have a number of really good gut runners in Goodes, O'Keefe, McGlynn, Rohan, etc. Guys like Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgers, etc are going to struggle to keep up with them. I assume Bateman will be given the job to run with either McGlynn or O'Keefe and keep them quiet.

Breust out for mine is purely saying we need an extra mid rather than an extra small forward. It makes sense if we end up lining up with:

FF: Silk - Hale - Rioli
HF: Ossie - Buddy - WhiteX

If Buddy misses then one of Lisle or Breust come in. If Breust, then I expect Schoey to get some time across half forward.

What did Bateman to keep his spot?, both times he was used as sub this year he did nothing , who will be sub this week, maybe Buddy will be sub and come on in the last term to replace Bateman.:rolleyes:

I don't know why so many people are so surprised Breust got dropped, yes he has had a great season but looks tired and he has struggled in every big game we've had this year

Watch the replay again and you will see a couple of times he clearly didnt chase as hard as he should and lacked the intensity needed for a final.

I reckon it's a great decision by Clarko, hopefully this fires Breust up to realise he can't be lazy, especially in finals.

I don't know why so many people are so surprised Breust got dropped, yes he has had a great season but looks tired and he has struggled in every big game we've had this year

Watch the replay again and you will see a couple of times he clearly didnt chase as hard as he should and lacked the intensity needed for a final.

I reckon it's a great decision by Clarko, hopefully this fires Breust up to realise he can't be lazy, especially in finals.
Mitchell, rioli and burgers looked tired, slow and shithouse friday night so why should breust get dropped? he's a natural goal kicker which every team needs and we don't have many in our lineup tbh. One bad game doesn't warrant omission and if it does then half of box hill should be lining up this week:rolleyes:

Mitchell, rioli and burgers looked tired, slow and shithouse friday night so why should breust get dropped? he's a natural goal kicker which every team needs and we don't have many in our lineup tbh. One bad game doesn't warrant omission and if it does then half of box hill should be lining up this week:rolleyes:

Isn't it just one goal that he has missed at the G

Where not the most accurate side as it is or it doesn't seem that way at least.

Breust was completely out of his depth, looked tired slow didn't tackle, I would go as far and say he was our worst on ground.

I cannot understand many supporters on here. Hawthorn has some weakest followers in the AFL.

WE have had an amazing season, ending with 18 wins and only 4 losses. This has been achieved with 3 vital injuries to key players, and with a very young and inexperienced squad. Yet after one poor showing many supporters are ready to jump off the ship. Well jump! We don't need you.

We haven't lost two in a row this year, and that will not start now!

Spare a thought for me. I first became a member at six years of age, but had to wait 11 years before I saw my team in a final series, and a further 4 years for a premiership.

Stop the negativity! GO HAWKS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we smashed them over there we had Ruffy, Savage and Bruest..

Difernece this time round, we have Hale, Smith and Stratton..

3 big outs, 1 FF/Ruckman, 2 medium sizes goal kicking midfiedler and crumming forward..

3 good ins..1 FF/Ruckman, 1 tall goal kicker speedy runner, 1 key defender..

My biggest concern is the outs of Savage and Bruest who add extra danger in the foward 50, Ruff has been replaced by Hale who apart from last week has been great.

Smith can kick goals and replace Savage and Stratton is an added bonus, but just not quite sure Bateman is in the same form now as he was back then and Bruest should of been picked ahead of him.

I cannot understand many supporters on here. Hawthorn has some weakest followers in the AFL.

WE have had an amazing season, ending with 18 wins and only 4 losses. This has been achieved with 3 vital injuries to key players, and with a very young and inexperienced squad. Yet after one poor showing many supporters are ready to jump off the ship. Well jump! We don't need you.

We haven't lost two in a row this year, and that will not start now!

Spare a thought for me. I first became a member at six years of age, but had to wait 11 years before I saw my team in a final series, and a further 4 years for a premiership.

Stop the negativity! GO HAWKS!

Yeh people forget easy dont they? Except for Geelong (who, prior to last weeks game, we were super competetive during the year), we lost major key player, I remember media people writing us off when Roughy did his achillies.

Season is still alive, be nice if there was more positive vibe on here! Maybe there shoud be a positive only thread where only good stuff is said!

Breust was completely out of his depth, looked tired slow didn't tackle, I would go as far and say he was our worst on ground.
half our team looked slow, tired and didn't tackle though, this is the point I'm trying to make. Bateman was absolutely putrid when he came on the ground, two big turnovers as soon as he came on, Cyril was nowhere to be seen I actually thought he was injured, burgoyne the same and yet we drop a young player that's been kicking goals all season and will be better for the experience.:confused:

Buddy OUT Breust IN

and possibly even;

Bateman OUT Savage IN

...just a prediction based on a whole lot of nothing really :)

Fairly happy with the team overall though. Stratton needed to come in, but I'm not so sure Breust needs to go out. Hoping Schoey can play a solid game with more support down back, or possibly even up forward if Buddy doesn't play.

Obviously hoping Buddy can pull up, but I ain't holding my breath. No reason why we can't win this one regardless.

GO HAWKS!!!

agreed, it has been a long season and he look tired in myview...no surprises, even Savage looked tired during his last game...these kids will be around for a long time, a good lesson to be learned .

And the hunger will build.

Yeh people forget easy dont they? Except for Geelong (who, prior to last weeks game, we were super competetive during the year), we lost major key player, I remember media people writing us off when Roughy did his achillies.

Season is still alive, be nice if there was more positive vibe on here! Maybe there shoud be a positive only thread where only good stuff is said!

My only disappointment is that if it wasn't for our young guys like Bruest and Savage we wouldn't of won as many games as we have, i think they deserve all the credit for getting us to top 4 and should be given game time in finals, and people going on about Bruest and how he looked lazy, well so did Cyril...

clarko picking his favorites again.....bateman......shoe.....were goimg in 2 short this week with their form at the moment, lets hope they turn it around this week but i have doubts.

Not sure what the big deal is with Breust being dropped. The kid can't take a hard tackle. We need strong bodies against Sydney, not wippy flankers and he is still a couple of seasons away from having the body to deal with finals football. Stratton in will sure us up in the back line. Good change IMO.

i'd have to agree with some posters... bateman in is a real shock. his usage of the ball and coverage around the ground is no longer a strength of his.

Savage should come in

Mind you... VERY happy Ben Stratton is BACK!

I think there's been far too much focus on the omission of Breust, and not nearly enough on the inclusion of Stratton.

I personally think it is a huge inclusion, because I am counting on Stratts to be the third man up and quell some of the long balls coming in.

Stratton's inclusion brings much needed flexibility, particularly if a ruck goes down like last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back