Preview Semi Final: Hawks vs Sydney Swans, Teams and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawks vs Someone (Next Final)

Out Buddy Bateman Suckling
In Stratten Lisle (playing BH this week) Bruce if fit or Ellis
Bruest the Sub
Shoe was a disaster but gets another chance on Kosi if we play Saints.
If we play Swans He goes out for Ellis.

Suckling?? WTF?? Did I miss something? While he didn't have a major impact on the game he did a passable job as far as I could see tonight.

Realistically, I think the outs will be Buddy & Bailey.

Ins Stratton & PJ.

Bateman - well, he had no impact tonight, and seems to have really struggled to get a rhythm going this year, so I'd like to see Savage in if he's fit and ready to go.

Man - it's pretty devastating but the amount of supporters throwing in the towel here is disgusting. Let's hope the team doesn't do the same

Is it???? Didnt the "team" do that tonight. Had a real chance to make a statement and just treated it with no respect!

Simple fact is, we dont have the ticker, we dont have the cattle and the sooner we all realise this the sooner we can not be so disapointed with nights like tonight.

Is tonights lack of effort not enough. We have to watch the same old shit next week as well. Could it get any worse?

The HFC are happy to take the 55,000 members $$$ and put out that shit???? Im not copping that.

And get off Shoeys back.. The blokes that should be getting a fu..en rocket are Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Hodge, Franklin, Rioli, Burgouyne, our so called elite players. They were bloody aweful tonight, they were made to look absolutley second rate.

Im sick of all the bloody excuses.

Of the top Four Hawks were probably my most preferred team to win the Flag. Really feel for you guys tonight, expecially with the injuries you guys copped.

Having said that, I'm really hoping the Swans get up tomorrow because now I reckon the Semi will be an absolute cracker if it wouldn't have already been.

Shoenmakers was far from our worst, the midfield let the ball in there too much no defence was going to stop that. If you want to point the finger i would start at Rioli, Bailey, Ossie, Breust, Hale and to a lesser extent Changa not that it was his fault the game was well over when he came on.

Shoenmakers was far from our worst, the midfield let the ball in there too much no defence was going to stop that. If you want to point the finger i would start at Rioli, Bailey, Ossie, Breust, Hale and to a lesser extent Changa not that it was his fault the game was well over when he came on.

There is quite a bit of truth in this comment. Unfortunately though we dont have a match up for any of those guys Schoenmakers played on. So basically they had 3 gorillas unmanned running around their forward line and they played to that strength. I dont know how we're going to over come that. We recruited Cheney last season, for what im not sure. If we were going to stock up on defenders couldn't we get someone who is tall and strong? Even that means looking for a Podsiadley-esque mature age recruit who does a job for 2-3 seasons.

Of the top Four Hawks were probably my most preferred team to win the Flag. Really feel for you guys tonight, expecially with the injuries you guys copped.

Having said that, I'm really hoping the Swans get up tomorrow because now I reckon the Semi will be an absolute cracker if it wouldn't have already been.

I hope you win too.

Well said.

Our midfield was the main issue. If Lewis, Sewell, Mitchell, Hodge all stand up and get the ball down to Cyril and Breust and we use Lisle or Schoenmakers as the lead up forward we can be competitive and that is all we can ask.

My initial thoughts would be to bring in Ellis and Bruce for some more creativity and Lisle and Johnson for some bigger bodies leaving Franklin(inj), Bailey(inj), Bateman, Osborne as omissions.

We have only lost five games for the year and three have been to Geelong .. who after tonights showing will deservedly win the flag ... Our club has given us an outstanding season and now is the time for supporters to support ! Let's get behind the boys this week !

Go Hawks !!

Pretty lame display in the middle of the ground. Also, if you have Hodge, Mitchell and Buddy all missing gettable goals when the team is up, you've got no one else to blame. Poor midfield effort and poor shooting for goal. Our team looked undersized in all departments and our chip, chip game looked out of place in the wet.

There is quite a bit of truth in this comment. Unfortunately though we dont have a match up for any of those guys Schoenmakers played on. So basically they had 3 gorillas unmanned running around their forward line and they played to that strength. I dont know how we're going to over come that. We recruited Cheney last season, for what im not sure. If we were going to stock up on defenders couldn't we get someone who is tall and strong? Even that means looking for a Podsiadley-esque mature age recruit who does a job for 2-3 seasons.
You mean like Cam Pedersen? He would have been handy this year.

1 bad loss and you are all jumping off the bandwagon ? where is the spirit and fight from the 80's ?

I'm an essendon supporter but gees all I can say is never give up. Your mob will play the winner of the Saints vs swans match. Who's to say you wont win that ?

And then it's anyones go in the Preliminary Final

Your club needs you at this time !

DON'T GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 bad loss and you are all jumping off the bandwagon ? where is the spirit and fight from the 80's ?

I'm an essendon supporter but gees all I can say is never give up. Your mob will play the winner of the Saints vs swans match. Who's to say you wont win that ?

And then it's anyones go in the Preliminary Final

Your club needs you at this time !

DON'T GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are from the dark side mate - but would you consider changing?

You seem to have a hell of a lot more fortitiude than half the gangbangers around here.

I find it hard going to war with blokes who's dicks are made of plasticine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't given up i agree with Shakespeare...give the youngies a final. If we lose we lose, but we might win

remember 2008....

Ins: P.Johnson. X.Ellis. J.Lisle. B.Stratton S.Savage
Outs: L.Franklin (Inj). M.Bailey (Inj). J.Lewis (Susp). B.Whitecross & C.Bateman (Both Omitted)

Team.

Backs. Murphy. Gibson. Guerra
Half Backs. Birchall. Lisle. Suckling
Centers. Shiels. Mitchell. Smith
Half Forwards. Burgoyne. Schoenmakers. Rioli
Forwards. Osborne. Johnson Bruest
Rucks. Hale. Hodge. Sewell

Interchange Savage. Puopolo. Ellis. Stratton

Emergencies. Ladson. Cheney. Bruce

Jordan Lisle is a better defender then Schoenmakers. He reads the play better & is more reliable. I'd play Schoenmakers up forward next week.

Worst part is whoever we play now are going in next week with a win, playing us without Buddy and our poor backline, they are going to be very confident of knocking us over now

IN: Stratton, Lisle, Savage, Ellis, , Renouf,

OUT: Buddy(inj), Breust, Bateman, Bailey(inj) Ossie/Whitey

B: Guerra - Gibson - Murphy

HB: Stratton - Lisle - Birchall

C: Smith - Mitchell - Lewis

HF: Hodge - Schoenmakers - Burgoyne

F: Rioli - Hale - Ossie/Whitey

R: Renouf - Sewell - Shiels

I: Puopolo - Ellis - Savage - Suckling

Emerg: Laddo - Ossie/Whitey- PJ (If Renouf inj and Bailey inj)

Renoif is not fit so jonhstOne in if Max out.
Suck, WX, Bruest all overawed, will be better next week.

I understand people are upset about the loss and injuries etc but all the negativity is ridiculous.

We play the swans or saints next week and are a very good chance of progressing even without Buddy, Bailey, Hodge and Lewis.

Let's get behind the boys for this game. We WILL bounce back.

Many seniors also didn't handle the heat.

I agree with that, but he along with Shoey were completely out of their depth. I'd go as far as saying he was the worst on ground. Shoey's task was enormous for a 20 year old. I question Bresut's hardness and have so for the majority of the year especially against the better sides. He isn't ready for finals football.

Shoey and Lisle to CHF/FF
Stratton in to CHB
Also I'd like to see Ladson play, he would fit in against Saints/Swans, he goes harder at the footy more than most players on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back