Mega Thread Senior Coach Discussion - Neeld v the alternatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I not allowed an opinion?
Not on our forum and not now. You are unknown to us. I gave you fair warning. Good night and good riddance.

I watched Neeld's pre-game address and thought it was very uninspiring. I also think the players thought the same thing, most of them weren't looking him in the eye.

It seems pretty obvious to me that he has lost the players and it's time to go.

That speech was more depressing than inspirational, I'd almost lost the will to live by the end of it, no doubt the Melbourne players felt the same judging by their performance.

Maybe Neeld will turn out to be a good coach but at the moment he looks a bit out of his depth. You have a decent side on paper and some good young players there, you shouldn't be getting thrashed as badly as you are, which has to make you wonder whether the coach is the problem.

Guys, we don't want any more sympathy posts from strangers.

Any non-MFC guys who post here regularly are welcome to comment.

Get over yourself, it is a public forum. If people want to post an opinion, they can. Just because you are upset at the state of Melbourne (all of our clubs have gone through done times), doesn't mean you can be provoking non-Melbourne fans. I don't have an opinion but just wanted to see what people thought and I see you cuss everyone out.

Get over yourself, it is a public forum. If people want to post an opinion, they can. Just because you are upset at the state of Melbourne (all of our clubs have gone through done times), doesn't mean you can be provoking non-Melbourne fans. I don't have an opinion but just wanted to see what people thought and I see you cuss everyone out.
Champ it is our forum. Bugger off.

IF you guys made it to the GF there was no way you would beat either of the Swans or Eagles midfield.
I think they said similar things when we got to the GF is 97 and 98. No way we could have beaten the Saints and the Roos when they were top of the table.
Also dont think many thought the Swans would beat the Hawks last year.
Once your in the GF anything is possible.

Champ it is our forum. Bugger off.
Happy to see you boot out the smart asses, Biff.

Just curious, when they get red-carded on our board, are they red-carded from the whole site? If so, it seems strange that people are willing to risk their ability to post on their own board just so they can take a stupid pot-shot at us.

I felt like a zombie watching that last night.

One of those rare nights where you've been sitting there for a while, and watch the score get to around the 130 mark, then your eyes drift to the clock and you realise it's still the 3rd quarter and oh God when will it end?

The MFC is why I have trust issues.

Do we just keep picking the wrong coaches? Is that our problem? Or do we actually need to look at our playing squad instead? I honestly think its both!

But also our boys need to seriously have a long hard look at themselves and ask themselves Why am I here and What do I want to achieve in my playing career! Someone needs to remind them how lucky they are to be playing at this elite level, so get off your arses and show this club why you're here and what you can do!!!!

The Melbourne Board need to be looking at not just Neeld, but all our coaches and our players, because something is seriously wrong within our club and it is their job to find out what it is and fix it.

Happy to see you boot out the smart asses, Biff.

Just curious, when they get red-carded on our board, are they red-carded from the whole site? If so, it seems strange that people are willing to risk their ability to post on their own board just so they can take a stupid pot-shot at us.
Mate, I do not know. I usually get a 'postcard from Tahiti' from them once the holiday visa comes through. Normally they are not happy with yours truly.

it is as simple as this. This is our forum. It also belongs to those non-MFCers who contributed regularly.

Anyone else who wants to comment on the debacle can use the main board.

I am getting bored with this crap and I have better things to do. Next person to cross the light, re faux sympathy, will get a bonus: an extended stay on Tahiti.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biff, do you think the club should have allowed its doors to be open to the media so much last night.

This is starting to look like a soap opera.

Is it time to close ranks and ignore the media?

I wouldn't be against trying to get Neale Daniher back, although he is probably on more coin as WCE footy dept manager than he'd get as head coach with us.

I'd expect him to take a job like that though not sure if it would be for the Eagles. His family still lives down here so it must be hard having to live so far away from them. Footy dept managers tend to have more security.

Simply cannot afford to sack Neeld. Let him run out his contract. Then re-assess. Look at sacking some cheaper alternatives like assistants.

I don't know. I don't think I care anymore.

Simply cannot afford to sack Neeld. Let him run out his contract. Then re-assess. Look at sacking some cheaper alternatives like assistants.

I don't know. I don't think I care anymore.

We can't afford to let him coach until the end of next year with things going as they are.

If we sack Neeld you instill even further in players that there is no accountability for their performances. The players do not get to choose a coach. End of story.

The players get the knowledge that they've cost another man his job.

I hate blame being on coaches it's a joke - the dees are the epitome of being smashed by having draft picks taken by gws and gc ... A few years with some quality draft picks through the mids they'll be fine, just haven't had the opportunity to get then picks since 09

I watched Neeld's pre-game address and thought it was very uninspiring. I also think the players thought the same thing, most of them weren't looking him in the eye.

It seems pretty obvious to me that he has lost the players and it's time to go.

I'v always been of the belief that if you need a coach's address to inspire you, then you are in the wrong profession. The coach's adress should be to instruct and remind the players what they need to do.

They put in a limp wristed effort the week prior, got pillored in the media and by ex players, and their coach and captains were left to cop the large part of it.

I doubt if he has lost all the players, and sacking him to gives those that he has lost a free ride. Some of these guys have already cost 2 coaches their jobs and nothing has changed, why gift them a 3rd to chew up and spit out?? You chose Neeld, a guy held in incredibly high esteem by Mick Malthouse amongst others. He needs time and patience. Hardwick has taken 4 years to improve the list at Richmond, Neeld should be given similar time IMO.

I hate blame being on coaches it's a joke - the dees are the epitome of being smashed by having draft picks taken by gws and gc ... A few years with some quality draft picks through the mids they'll be fine, just haven't had the opportunity to get then picks since 09

To be fair Melbourne finished 12th and 13th in 2010 and 2011 which had the compromised drafts. Which is the highest they finished in the last 7 years. Brisbane, Richmond, Port Adalaide and West Coast were affected worse by the compromised drafts because in any other year they would have got a top 3 pick but instead got pick 4, 6 or 8.

All the early pick Melbourne had was before the Compromised drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back