SFL Div 2 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion on South Yarra and Kreskas. Although only spoken with Kreskas a few times he seems to be a good bloke. The reality is coaches and players don't always get along. Disappointing aspect is that he told South Yarra he was playing on Thursday night yet pulled the pin the following day. I can only assume Clayton has thrown some money at him. What on earth would Clayton's budget be ? got a few money men there Currie, Sibilia & co.
Honestly can few other clubs reveal what they are spending - rough estimate? would it be fair to say $1500 a week would be a reasonable sum?
Yeah fair call if he told em he was playing perhaps he should have fulfilled his promise but for whatever reason he didnt.
$1500 a week, what for the Forward line ! ha ha only joking.:D:thumbsu:
Think thats a bit in house mate dont think your gonna get too much correct info on here. except Skye of course.

The truth is !!! come on mate has your crystal ball been talking to you again ?:cool:

No Mate this comes from people that have delt with him in the past !!!
Lets see what you think of him in 12 months time!!!!

Yeah fair call if he told em he was playing perhaps he should have fulfilled his promise but for whatever reason he didnt.
$1500 a week, what for the Forward line ! ha ha only joking.:D:thumbsu:
Think thats a bit in house mate dont think your gonna get too much correct info on here. except Skye of course.

We give out Money awards each week

I think the total for all 3 teams is around $300 to $400

I could be wrong, it could be higher or lower

If your a good enough player, you will be rewarded each game

Hence, footy costs me a fair bit during the year!!!

We give out Money awards each week

I think the total for all 3 teams is around $300 to $400

I could be wrong, it could be higher or lower

If your a good enough player, you will be rewarded each game

Hence, footy costs me a fair bit during the year!!!

No disrespect Madman, but there would be a lot of clubs where the committee are unaware of player payments.

In most cases the only people aware would be the president and or Coach or Treasurer.

Depending on the club and what goes thru the books then a treasurer may be involved.

At some clubs the coach talks to the club and the club takes over the discussion with payments and the coach is not involved.

The main reason for this is to ensure that other players are unaware of any such payments.

PS Doyle was getting paid at Frankston Bombers then went to your club, what so he didn't have to pay membership ! :thumbsu:

No disrespect Madman, but there would be a lot of clubs where the committee are unaware of player payments.

In most cases the only people aware would be the president and or Coach or Treasurer.

Depending on the club and what goes thru the books then a treasurer may be involved.

At some clubs the coach talks to the club and the club takes over the discussion with payments and the coach is not involved.

The main reason for this is to ensure that other players are unaware of any such payments.

PS Doyle was getting paid at Frankston Bombers then went to your club, what so he didn't have to pay membership ! :thumbsu:

Your right to a certain extent, the main reason I am so confident about our situation is because I did everything possible to convince our club that paying players was what we had to do this year

they disagreed

considering we are 4-2 at the moment, Id say the executive committee and coach was right so far.

The Doyle situation has alot to do that 3 of his best mates play for us including one of them being our senior captain.

You obviously know the reasons he left frankston, you can pay players all you want but effectively when you get the opportunity to play footy with your best mates, that can make playing footy so much more enjoyable.

I dare say that next year you'll see doyle try out for a higher level of footy, hence he is using this year to learn, for a 20 year old kid i say thats bloody smart thinking.

We should probaly get off this topic of who pays or who doesnt, the way i see it, thats footy

If a club is financially stable enough to be able to recruit guns for money, then so be it, its the clubs that pay players who cant pay there fees to the league is where the issue stands

But who are we to say whats wrong or right

Your right to a certain extent, the main reason I am so confident about our situation is because I did everything possible to convince our club that paying players was what we had to do this year

they disagreed

considering we are 4-2 at the moment, Id say the executive committee and coach was right so far.

The Doyle situation has alot to do that 3 of his best mates play for us including one of them being our senior captain.

You obviously know the reasons he left frankston, you can pay players all you want but effectively when you get the opportunity to play footy with your best mates, that can make playing footy so much more enjoyable.

I dare say that next year you'll see doyle try out for a higher level of footy, hence he is using this year to learn, for a 20 year old kid i say thats bloody smart thinking.

We should probaly get off this topic of who pays or who doesnt, the way i see it, thats footy

If a club is financially stable enough to be able to recruit guns for money, then so be it, its the clubs that pay players who cant pay there fees to the league is where the issue stands

But who are we to say whats wrong or right

Ha ha ha a classic case of head in the sand

& nothing wrong with paying players as long as they deliver

I've seen it managed well in the past where players were payed 50% to train two nights & payed 50% to play

Lets be honest here there is nothing wrong with paying players so long as the club doesn't spend beyond there means. If Skye isn't paying any players they have done extremely well.
Clearly Oakleigh, Clayton, Murrumbeena, Highett are spending big on players in excess of $2000. South Yarra budget for around $1500 per week player incentives, Black Rock also are spending big and can only assume Ashwood is to with the return of Carroll. It's a joke if the coach isn't aware of what players are getting paid as ultimately he should have the final say whether he thinks these players are appropriate for his side. Couldn't imagine a club would sign players without the coaches involvement. There are players at most clubs on $300 - $400 a game but I have no idea how a club can justify this amount for 1 player.

Just plucking figures out of the sky are we??? The fact is all anyone knows is heresay and rumour and no one will ever know the true figures whether they be on the club committee or not.
Most clubs do things slightly different to the next, and in the end who really cares??? I mean how do we know Heatherton got up because they paid the most??? Did they???? Or were they just a good side playing for the same or less than the rest??? If it is true that the Rockers are throwing plenty around, they are a good case in point, 0-6 and losing by plenty.

In the end we all want to win a flag and get to first division and that takes a certain investment and/or good junior development, or in St Kilda City's case, some bloke with heaps of cash who can draw in quality players from a higher level.

Any further Kreskas updates/sightings??? Has he gone cold on the Clayton idea???

Just plucking figures out of the sky are we??? The fact is all anyone knows is heresay and rumour and no one will ever know the true figures whether they be on the club committee or not.
Most clubs do things slightly different to the next, and in the end who really cares??? I mean how do we know Heatherton got up because they paid the most??? Did they???? Or were they just a good side playing for the same or less than the rest??? If it is true that the Rockers are throwing plenty around, they are a good case in point, 0-6 and losing by plenty.

In the end we all want to win a flag and get to first division and that takes a certain investment and/or good junior development, or in St Kilda City's case, some bloke with heaps of cash who can draw in quality players from a higher level.

Any further Kreskas updates/sightings??? Has he gone cold on the Clayton idea???
I know Highett is spending more money this year than they did in 2004 and around the same that they spent in the Div 1 years.

Lets be honest here there is nothing wrong with paying players so long as the club doesn't spend beyond there means. If Skye isn't paying any players they have done extremely well.
Clearly Oakleigh, Clayton, Murrumbeena, Highett are spending big on players in excess of $2000. South Yarra budget for around $1500 per week player incentives, Black Rock also are spending big and can only assume Ashwood is to with the return of Carroll. It's a joke if the coach isn't aware of what players are getting paid as ultimately he should have the final say whether he thinks these players are appropriate for his side. Couldn't imagine a club would sign players without the coaches involvement. There are players at most clubs on $300 - $400 a game but I have no idea how a club can justify this amount for 1 player.

300 - 400 a game is bloody big money for Div 2 southern

jesus

i am massivley ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff, never been good enough to get paid so i wouldnt know what type of money players get offered

I'd say 300 - 400 a game is bloody MPNFL senior type wages surely!!

not div 2 southern!!

Good players were been paid $200 - $400 per game in the eighties in the old South East Surburban League.

Allowing for inflation, do the math!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have an issue with paying players but find it silly when clubs who are struggling fork out large sums of money on 1 or 2 particular players. Carrol from Ashwood is on that sought of money as is Wilson for Black Rock. Why spend so much on 1 player????????????????

Long time viewer first time poster.
There are a few others down Black Rock way getting some coin. I don't agree with it as such but how would they go without those players. I'm tipping there are clubs out there spending way more than Black Rock and when you go up a division you need to spend even more money. If the club has a vision and has a plan behind spending the coin then I'm all for it. Honestly how many clubs actually have a plan or are they just simply bolstering there list.

after this year I'll be there. Black Rock 2011 here we come hahahaha can't wait

Big Deal. Black Rock have a couple of other clearances going there way too. Are they trying to salvage there very ordinary season. Beshara is not the answer. He will be on coin too hahaha. They know how to waste money down at the Rockers.
Kreskas and Hamilton got knocked back. Will there clearances be through by the weekend does anyone know. Plenty of players look to be jumping on Claytons bandwagon. Where were they all when times were tough last year? MISSING. Shows the character of the blokes.

You have to be kidding if you think Beshara will be on coin. Never got paid at Hampton and forfeits his cricketing payments when he coached Ormond. Promise this where ever he coaches next year will be for $0 and I'll be there with 20 other blokes. Did I ever say he was the answer short term.

I supposed its always a by product of forums like this, but it really is amusing how much ill informed gossip goes on about who is going where and who is on what dollars.

While the Rockers have had a tough start to the year, they have been decimated by injuries and are well run with a clear strategy and a very astute accountant as Treasurer

I supposed its always a by product of forums like this, but it really is amusing how much ill informed gossip goes on about who is going where and who is on what dollars.

While the Rockers have had a tough start to the year, they have been decimated by injuries and are well run with a clear strategy and a very astute accountant as Treasurer

Blowing your own trumpet Devola?

Sounds like they are decimated by B$ll SH!T to me

Mate you and everyone else on here that was so concerned can now relax, paperworks all done and both boys have been fitted wit the mighty Black and White jumper and will be pulling them on Tomoz. Hope everyone has a good weekend.:D:D:D:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back