SFL Div 3 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Paten coaching the twos over at Skye? Is he that guy with brown hair, about average height that plays in the middle (if I remember number 54 correctly)? Think I've played on him. Didn't seem particularly loud though, how's he going down there? How old is that guy, seemed young to me.

He is goin great i think he's like, 38 or somethin??, Heater on board again as assistant, Pates is a MPNFL legend coaching Keysy 1's for a while, B&F winner last year, natural leader is doing good things with the seniors as well on the bench along with Carl.

He was No.54 last year

Looking forward to seein some results in the ressies, alot of pressure on the Yarra boys to improve under the leadership of the "Cow"!! Are you a captain or anything in the ressies frank, because you represent the yarra boys well on big footy, does it translate on the track or on game day also??

Enjoyed meeting the Cow last year at SFL presentation night, will defeanetly catch up for a beer this year big fella!!

He is goin great i think he's like, 38 or somethin??, Heater on board again as assistant, Pates is a MPNFL legend coaching Keysy 1's for a while, B&F winner last year, natural leader is doing good things with the seniors as well on the bench along with Carl.

He was No.54 last year

Looking forward to seein some results in the ressies, alot of pressure on the Yarra boys to improve under the leadership of the "Cow"!! Are you a captain or anything in the ressies frank, because you represent the yarra boys well on big footy, does it translate on the track or on game day also??

Enjoyed meeting the Cow last year at SFL presentation night, will defeanetly catch up for a beer this year big fella!!
Wasn't there last year MadMan, think you may be thinking of the goalkicking wingman. He sent me an SMS when he was talking to you actually, I was on the way back to Melbourne from Albury. We haven't met yet, every time I try to track you down you've left and I end up pissed and talking shit with Walks. :D

Was lucky enough to retain my number 82 jumper this year (not a lot of competition for it) and get named as the Vice-Captain of the Reserves. The Captain is my good mate Vulture_72. :thumbsu: He's had a big Summer and will have a great year in the twos at fullback, despite his own opinion that he will be "the new Vandenberg." Jules Smith and Matty Jewell are Captain and Vice-Captain in the ones. Congrats to all appointed, and to the leadership group announced at jumper presentation night.

Wasn't there last year MadMan, think you may be thinking of the goalkicking wingman. He sent me an SMS when he was talking to you actually, I was on the way back to Melbourne from Albury. We haven't met yet, every time I try to track you down you've left and I end up pissed and talking shit with Walks. :D

Was lucky enough to retain my number 82 jumper this year (not a lot of competition for it) and get named as the Vice-Captain of the Reserves. The Captain is my good mate Vulture_72. :thumbsu: He's had a big Summer and will have a great year in the twos at fullback, despite his own opinion that he will be "the new Vandenberg." Jules Smith and Matty Jewell are Captain and Vice-Captain in the ones. Congrats to all appointed, and to the leadership group announced at jumper presentation night.

Your not the only one. Getting pissed and talking to Walks is as common as beer at a pub.

Yeah Thats right, I think me and GKW spent most the night talking about you!! God that was a messy night

Walks pissed is an entertaining night to say the least, the mans an icon!!

the new vandenberg????
is he a fat ruckman with a dodgy knee???
lol. sorry blac:D

Doveton's six goal win on the weekend was the only match on the weekend that wasn't a belting really. It's a bit hard to see where teams are at with results like these. Were you boys from Mount that much better than last year, or were Sandown just extremely disappointing? Their team sheet lists 25 blokes so numbers must not have been a problem for them? I see Chuck Yaman ran around with them as well, how'd he go? No O'Connor or Paten in Skye's lineup either. Are they still playing, nursing injuries, giving other blokes a go against poor opposition? Anything to tell us about your match Blac? Surely that wasn't you that got best on and kicked a goal? :eek:

Saw this game also No 17 Doveton watch out he's very good looked like he didnt have the legs but geez will play one's no doubt who is he ? Also 39 Pickas isn't he from Dandy ? played half forward his kicking can let him down but he is a thinking player should also be looking at seniors next week he should play half forward/wing for Doveton as you guy's looked short. Little guy forward pocket also looked classy...:cool:

Also, I noticed lonewolf got the number 8 at Mount and some other bloke got the 8* (Reserves Only). Does this mean you'll be playing up a lot this year lonewolf? Good news for everyone else in the twos if you are. :D

Sorry Frankencow, still have to put up with me in the magoos (unless of course I play shit and end up in the 3rds). Just happen to have a few jumpers left over from our U17 side a couple of years ago, so we are using them to save money, as most clubs would do.

Doveton's six goal win on the weekend was the only match on the weekend that wasn't a belting really. It's a bit hard to see where teams are at with results like these. Were you boys from Mount that much better than last year, or were Sandown just extremely disappointing? Their team sheet lists 25 blokes so numbers must not have been a problem for them? I see Chuck Yaman ran around with them as well, how'd he go? No O'Connor or Paten in Skye's lineup either. Are they still playing, nursing injuries, giving other blokes a go against poor opposition? Anything to tell us about your match Blac? Surely that wasn't you that got best on and kicked a goal? :eek:

A little from column A, a little from column B. Sandown threw everything at us in the first quarter, but after that their general lack of fitness and match practise caught up with them. Give them some time to gel (remember, 4 weeks ago they didn't have a side), and improve their skills and they may trouble some sides. A lot of very quick, small runners, but lacking in height.

Saw this game also No 17 Doveton watch out he's very good looked like he didnt have the legs but geez will play one's no doubt who is he ? Also 39 Pickas isn't he from Dandy ? played half forward his kicking can let him down but he is a thinking player should also be looking at seniors next week he should play half forward/wing for Doveton as you guy's looked short. Little guy forward pocket also looked classy...:cool:

Look out for #17, that was his first game in over 3 years and has only trained twice...
Yes Pickers #39 is from Dandy, played a pretty handy game

sure was mate!! another 1 or 2 of those and i'll be allowed back on the seniors thread!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mount definately look like the team to beat this season, they smashed us on the weekend
Are you new to Sandown this year Matty? The expectations are generally that you blokes might get scores like that most weeks. How'd Chuck Yaman go for you guys? Who were the players to look out for at Mount, we have them this week? If you're not new, how different are they from last year?

Are you new to Sandown this year Matty? The expectations are generally that you blokes might get scores like that most weeks. How'd Chuck Yaman go for you guys? Who were the players to look out for at Mount, we have them this week? If you're not new, how different are they from last year?

sandown is a whole new club about maybe 8 to 10 players from last year that are still at the club. Club will struggle all year and will not win a game. i saw there lists and there is players in there ones that would have struggled to get a game in the twos last couple of years. LONG LONG year for sandown:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Round 2 is creeping up on us, what a good start to the year already.

I'll start round 2.

Canterbury V DANDY ( boys will bounce back after last week )
Sth.Yarra V MOUNT WAV. ( Mt in a close one, Sth Yarra to suprise again )
Sthrn. Cobras V SKYE ( Skye should have this covered )
DOVETON V Cerebus ( Doveton in a stampede by 139 points exactly )

Here's hoping our boys can inprove from last week and put a win on the board.

All the best to all with no injuries and a hard fort contest.:thumbsu:

Round 2 is creeping up on us, what a good start to the year already.

I'll start round 2.

Canterbury V DANDY ( boys will bounce back after last week )
Sth.Yarra V MOUNT WAV. ( Mt in a close one, Sth Yarra to suprise again )
Sthrn. Cobras V SKYE ( Skye should have this covered )
DOVETON V Cerebus ( Doveton in a stampede by 139 points exactly )

Here's hoping our boys can inprove from last week and put a win on the board.

All the best to all with no injuries and a hard fort contest.:thumbsu:
Canterbury v DANDY (I can see this being very close. Dandy's Colin Sylvia lookalike (#1) may miss if his arm is broken, and even if he plays, he was very quiet after the injury. On the other side of the ledger, Canterbury allowed blac04 to get best on ground and kick a goal, so they musn't be much chop.)
SOUTH YARRA v Mount Waverley (The Yarras will be stretched in the twos after a couple of injuries in the ones will rob them of last week's stars. Can the remaining players stand up? On our home bog at Fritsch Holzer, which may just be the best home ground advantage in Div 3, we're a much better side and I think we can.)
Southern Cobras v SKYE (Main interest for me is to see whether Vinny O'Connor or Paten actually play. Skye by a mile.)
Cerberus v DOVETON (It'd be a massive upset if Cerberus got up.)

Canterbury v DANDY (I can see this being very close. Dandy's Colin Sylvia lookalike (#1) may miss if his arm is broken, and even if he plays, he was very quiet after the injury. On the other side of the ledger, Canterbury allowed blac04 to get best on ground and kick a goal, so they musn't be much chop.)
SOUTH YARRA v Mount Waverley (The Yarras will be stretched in the twos after a couple of injuries in the ones will rob them of last week's stars. Can the remaining players stand up? On our home bog at Fritsch Holzer, which may just be the best home ground advantage in Div 3, we're a much better side and I think we can.)
Southern Cobras v SKYE (Main interest for me is to see whether Vinny O'Connor or Paten actually play. Skye by a mile.)
Cerberus v DOVETON (It'd be a massive upset if Cerberus got up.)
You wouldn't be telling a couple of pork pies would you Cow me boy.That Is All :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back