Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

So similar players that have been traded in recent times.
Game breakers that can go forward or mid, but are inconsistent.

Rankine? Is there anyone else?

Rankine was younger, but had proven less, so probably about even in the end.

So about that value seems right.
But, then you have to add to the fact, Bolton is contracted for another 4 years which instantly raises the value of what is required.

But, then you have to add to the fact, Bolton is contracted for another 4 years which instantly raises the value of what is required.
Which would be the second first, on top of the first inside the top 10.

Players values don’t go to infinity. They do cap out at a point.

Which would be the second first, on top of the first inside the top 10.

Players values don’t go to infinity. They do cap out at a point.
I agree mate, I was responding to the Rankine trade comparison.

I agree mate, I was responding to the Rankine trade comparison.
Yeah, that was essentially to help develop a baseline.

Would think it would be something like a top 10 R1 + R1 with maybe a second or third coming back. Maybe a Brodie as steak knives to protect your young mids for a couple of years.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, this is likely to be a next year thing though.

Yeah, that was essentially to help develop a baseline.

Would think it would be something like a top 10 R1 + R1 with maybe a second or third coming back. Maybe a Brodie as steak knives to protect your young mids for a couple of years.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, this is likely to be a next year thing though.
I dont even think it needs to be that difficult.

1 x pick 3-8
1 x pick 12-15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally that’s why this thread is for shits and giggles.
Freo will never pay what tigers want
With his large contract he would be the same draft capital as Warner even though Warner is younger and a better player

Totally that’s why this thread is for shits and giggles.
Freo will never pay what tigers want
With his large contract he would be the same draft capital as Warner even though Warner is younger and a better player
And if Warner comes, then its a no brainer but if he doesnt, you wont see many better players from WA, whilst you have the draft capital, a window opening and willing to come home than Shai.

Timing is everything.

And if Warner comes, then its a no brainer but if he doesnt, you wont see many better players from WA, whilst you have the draft capital, a window opening and willing to come home than Shai.

Timing is everything.

Freo also have a huge chunk of salary cap to spend, so opportunities go both ways.

I don't think Bolton will be the only player having a look. Plenty of player managers will make a call to use as leverage to extend their existing contracts too.

Timing is everything.
For me the draft capital is not the problem.
It’s his wages
We can’t afford to be paying a million a year for a half fwd that can pinch hit in mid.
I’d rather have a switta caliber playing that role and not lose a young brayshaw serong Darcy Treacy type in the near future.

Freo also have a huge chunk of salary cap to spend, so opportunities go both ways.

I don't think Bolton will be the only player having a look. Plenty of player managers will make a call to use as leverage to extend their existing contracts too.
Do we have salary cap to spend on a flanker though?
Have a lot of good young players that will deserve to be paid considerably more in the next 2 years.
With out rocking the boat we can only really afford one great player at the moment.

For me the draft capital is not the problem.
It’s his wages
We can’t afford to be paying a million a year for a half fwd that can pinch hit in mid.
I’d rather have a switta caliber playing that role and not lose a young brayshaw serong Darcy Treacy type in the near future.
He is actually a much better mid who rests forward. He is electric out of the middle and a serious point of difference for you guys.

“Shai’s everywhere on the footy field and he’s been everywhere on a trip back to his home town of Perth this week, weaving his way through meetings with representatives of West Coast and Fremantle,”

Sounds like he's a lot further down the track than clubs initiating interest. Just my opinion but I'd be very surprised if Shai Bolton ends up at Freo.
He can be as far down the track as he likes with the long term contract in place the teams meeting him better buy lube by the kilo because when he aint gonna be cheap
Eagles can kiss #3 good bye and freo well they will be doing alot of wheeling and dealing with North or the eagles

He can be as far down the track as he likes with the long term contract in place the teams meeting him better buy lube by the kilo because when he aint gonna be cheap
Eagles can kiss #3 good bye and freo well they will be doing alot of wheeling and dealing with North or the eagles

What would you expect Fremantle to demand should Richmond put a contract offer in front of Sam Switkowski?

So similar players that have been traded in recent times.
Game breakers that can go forward or mid, but are inconsistent.

Rankine? Is there anyone else?

Rankine was younger, but had proven less, so probably about even in the end.

So about that value seems right.
Baker - Saad
Bolton - Weller
Rioli - Its gold coast so write your own ticket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back