Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

That depends. Maybe Richmond are regretting giving that expensive long contract.
That would be freo with Darcy

Richmond have Dusty finishing up this year and Lynch next year
Grimes , Prestia , pickett , Graham all gone or will be on peanuts if retained

Richmond will be ready to 'Buy' picks with the cap space

28 year old small foward only played 80 games and nobody ever heard of him until last month
but knowing Fremantle they would want our F1

Sam is 27, but if you want to call him 28 then Bolton is 26 since Sam and Shai's birthdays are a couple of weeks apart, one end of November and one early December.

He's a fwd/mid rated elite like Bolton at Fremantle, from Victoria. He's the 179cm #39 you'll see Saturday night.
Dude, he is not like Bolton

Season 2 Ring GIF by Paramount+

They compare fairly well, with Shai being more of a forward and Switta being more of a mid, except Switta puts on more pressure etc.

This comparison is based off 2024 thus far.

You can see why both players are rated elite. You'd play both of them in the side, Shai at the bounce then forward and Switta forward then around general stoppages.

Both contracted for multiple years beyond 2024. Hence why I asked.

SwittaShai.png

Yeah, that was essentially to help develop a baseline.

Would think it would be something like a top 10 R1 + R1 with maybe a second or third coming back. Maybe a Brodie as steak knives to protect your young mids for a couple of years.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, this is likely to be a next year thing though.
Brodie is not steak knives

Freo had to be paid #19 to take brodie and not much has changed now and How is Brodie going to protect the kids when
Taranto , Hopper are already doing that role in the seniors

Brodie actually devalues the trade and not enhance it he is pretty much a delisted free agent type player

They compare fairly well, with Shai being more of a forward and Switta being more of a mid, except Switta puts on more pressure etc.

You can see why both players are rated elite. You'd play both of them in the side, Shai at the bounce then forward and Switta forward then around general stoppages.

View attachment 2038291
They really dont.

You still have time to delete this ;)

Brodie is not steak knives

Freo had to be paid #19 to take brodie and not much has changed now and How is Brodie going to protect the kids when
Taranto , Hopper are already doing that role in the seniors

Brodie actually devalues the trade and not enhance it he is pretty much a delisted free agent type player

To be fair, Taranto can run a whole lot better than Brodie. Tim can play genuinely inside and outside but Brodie doesn't get involved too much away from the umpire starting the play.

View attachment 2038291
Sorry Taylor but when you put up just 2024 stats for a soon to be 28 year old with just 80 games
But why would freo want to move such a great player

Sorry Taylor but when you put up just 2024 stats for a soon to be 28 year old with just 80 games
But why would freo want to move such a great player

Fremantle would not want to, he's been in the leadership group for years, rated elite for years and finally over his back issues.

But he is the closest player in comparison to Bolton in terms of position, production and contracted. Hence the question I asked.

Are you drunk ?

serious question

I don't drink.

I asked a serious question on what the trade price expectation would be if Richmond put a contract offer in front of Sam Switkowski, in your opinion.

There's no gotchya in this, I'm not expecting him to be rated by you close to Bolton, I just want your position on his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would expect most people with a grasp of wider football would see Switkowski as a budget Shai Bolton.
Dude his best goal return is 16 from 22 games.

You are insulting the wider football world.

It would be like comparing jack Graham to Bolton FFS. Both play forward mid.

In fact Jack Graham is your perfect comparison to Swithowksi, you are welcome :)

I don't drink.

I asked a serious question on what the trade price expectation would be if Richmond put a contract offer in front of Sam Switkowski, in your opinion.

There's no gotchya in this, I'm not expecting him to be rated by you close to Bolton, I just want your position on his value.
For us, it would be incredibly low. He doesn't move the dial for us. Bolton moves your dial right into prime time.

Baker - Saad
Bolton - Weller
Rioli - Its gold coast so write your own ticket
Know what those first two players have in common? Include Cerra in this as well.

They got traded for the pick held by the club they were going to.

If the Blues had a pick around 10 and not 6, that's what Saad would have gone for.

If Gold Coast had pick 5 instead of 2, that's what we would have got.

For us, it would be incredibly low. He doesn't move the dial for us. Bolton moves your dial right into prime time.

That's fair. Now for this hypothetical Richmond list management have put an offer to him for five years, he's under contract for two more, what's the max you're comfortable paying?

I don't drink.

You would be the person to determine a trade price expectation on a freo player
Would i take him - NO

Whats he worth for me to gauge a value ?
Probably delisted free agent and he has no value to any team apart from probably freo

Know what those first two players have in common? Include Cerra in this as well.

They got traded for the pick held by the club they were going to.

If the Blues had a pick around 10 and not 6, that's what Saad would have gone for.

If Gold Coast had pick 5 instead of 2, that's what we would have got.
So for Bolton we can expect all 3 of your 1st rounder you telling me

Ok. (I'm not agreeing with Taylor here btw).

But hypothetically.
Bolton is a 4/10 most weeks with a few games at a 9/10.
Baker gives leadership.

Swit will give you that leadership, and a consistent 6/10 every week. For a fraction of the cost. and free up a spot for a developing player.

Know how we were talking that extra first round pick in the Bolton trade? Turn that into a second and switta instead.

You would be the person to determine a trade price expectation on a freo player
Would i take him - NO

Whats he worth for me to gauge a value ?
Probably delisted free agent and he has no value to any team apart from probably freo

So for Bolton we can expect all 3 of your 1st rounder you telling me
Mate, I know you've had some absolutely terrible takes the past few weeks, but come on. There's no need to raise your own bar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back