Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why it's so hilarious Switta is a budget Bolton, they play very similar roles and are similar styles. Bolton is significantly more talented and a better player but that's the definition of "budget player of x"

I thought he'd more well known since he's been that meme champion data rated elite player for a while. He's a very handy role player

Last edited:

That's fair. Now for this hypothetical Richmond list management have put an offer to him for five years, he's under contract for two more, what's the max you're comfortable paying?

respectfully, I dont know, 3/5 of **** all though.

Ok. (I'm not agreeing with Taylor here btw).

But hypothetically.
Bolton is a 4/10 most weeks with a few games at a 9/10.
Baker gives leadership.

Swit will give you that leadership, and a consistent 6/10 every week. For a fraction of the cost. and free up a spot for a developing player.

Know how we were talking that extra first round pick in the Bolton trade? Turn that into a second and switta instead.

You are underselling Bolton, right now he is having a lean patch, yet still delivering elite stats at his worst. (on average)

At his best, he is AA, a match winner, elite and unstoppable. This other bloke is average at best on his best day.

For the record there is 1.6% difference in rating between Switkowski and Baker, in favor of the two years contracted Docker.

Which means **** all.

Now I'm curious what Josh Treacy would be worth in a trade end of this year to Richmond.

HEAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why it's so hilarious Switta is a budget Bolton, they play very similar roles and are similar styles. Bolton is significantly more talented and a better player but that's the definition of "budget player of x"

I thought he'd more well known since he's been that meme champion data rated elite player for a while. He's a very handy role player
Snuff, dont do this, you are Boi, but that flu or the meds are emssing with you.

Jack Graham and Swit are you comparables.

You dont see us saying Kosi is a budget Treacy do you?

Snuff, dont do this, you are Boi, but that flu or the meds are emssing with you.

You dont see us saying Kosi is a budget Treacy do you?
Switta is a best 22 role player. Why is it so insulting, is dollar store Bolton more palatable for you guys haha?

Let's explore this.

I have the comparison in front of me right now, of the same statistical list.

One has; 8 elite ratings, 4 above average ratings, 3 average and 5 below average ratings
One has; 0 elite ratings, 3 above average ratings, 4 average and 10 below average ratings

Now which is which?

Hint: the better one is Switta

The beautiful irony in Richmond fans shitting on Switta ignorantly is that he's very similar to Liam Baker (except Baker has proven he can play defence and Switta is a little injury prone). And yet they dismiss arguments about Switta being mint that ring eerily similar to the ones they (rightly) make about Baker.

I dont even understand the confusion, they are both smaller, agile creative half forwards who spend varying amount of time on ball for impact. One is a role player, one is a match winner, one is the budget version of the other. It's not that deep or weird

Both are also contracted for multiple years and highly valued by their team.

My question was what happens if Switta says he wants to move to Richmond and Bolton says he wants to move to Freo. What is the difference in value between the two? It's not a top five pick.

Let's explore this.

I have the comparison in front of me right now, of the same statistical list.

One has; 8 elite ratings, 4 above average ratings, 3 average and 5 below average ratings
One has; 0 elite ratings, 3 above average ratings, 4 average and 10 below average ratings

Now which is which?

Hint: the better one is Switta
Player ratings are horse shit, look at their stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question was what happens if Switta says he wants to move to Richmond and Bolton says he wants to move to Freo. What is the difference in value between the two? It's not a top five pick.
Not sure I want to go where the Taylor game is headed. I would value Switta at a pick in the 20s, possibly out to 30s personally because even good team best 22 "role players" are generally not that hard to find. That includes being contracted and I dont think Richmond would want him included in any Bolton deal anyway.

The beautiful irony in Richmond fans shitting on Switta ignorantly is that he's very similar to Liam Baker (except Baker has proven he can play defence and Switta is a little injury prone). And yet they dismiss arguments about Switta being mint that ring eerily similar to the ones they (rightly) make about Baker.
Actually he is nothing like Baker. maybe their height is confusing you.

Would my kosi comment get similar response?
Find a best 22 player of a decent team for a better comparison, whether you guys like it or not, Switta is a handy player - Kozi is a potato.

Darcy Fogarty is my budget Treacy - particularly if you watch the way he plays "fake tough" compared to Treacy's actually tough

Player ratings are horse shit, look at their stats.

The stats are what dictate their rating, it's a list of stats either blue for elite, green for above average, yellow for average or orange for below average. I gave you the count of each as dictated by the AFL and champion data.

it is, and more.

has your boy turned games on their head? has your boy won games off his own boot? has your boy ever had more than 20 touches and multiple goals?

You have gone too far now, its a little weird.

Not sure I want to go where the Taylor game is headed. I would value Switta at a pick in the 20s, possibly out to 30s personally because even good team best 22 "role players" are generally not that hard to find. That includes being contracted and I dont think Richmond would want him included in any Bolton deal anyway.
Contracted, I’d say his value is around Schultz.

A swap with Bolton and we’d include a top 10 pick.

A swap with baker would be pretty even

The stats are what dictate their rating, it's a list of stats either blue for elite, green for above average, yellow for average or orange for below average. I gave you the count of each as dictated by the AFL and champion data.
You keep your budget star then and dont chase Shai, he is clearly not good enough.

Contracted, I’d say his value is around Schultz.

A swap with Bolton and we’d include a top 10 pick.

A swap with baker would be pretty even
I think that's Freo goggles, Schultz is the better player, those goals are worth a lot to the right team. Baker is also a better player and worth more, even with contract differences. Just not as much Tigers fans will think because apparently he's in similar conversations to the garden variety vegetable Kosi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back