Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlucky for us he's contracted for the next four years so you get to keep him. After all it's great to have good picks, but it's better to have great players.
I hope you're right. I fear you're not.

Again like Rioli, Richmond will play the “he’s contracted” line. They don’t want him they want the pick. Pick 10 is more than fair move on.

Credit to the Richmond list boss if they can get more than that
It's almost like people don't understand (my money is on willingly ignore) that a long term contract means you have to pay overs (if you really want the player)

And he's worth way more than pick 10. If it was an open market and all clubs thought they were a chance, and state wasn't important, contract or not, they offer would be WAY above 10.

But hey, you do you.

It's almost like people don't understand (my money is on willingly ignore) that a long term contract means you have to pay overs (if you really want the player)

And he's worth way more than pick 10. If it was an open market and all clubs thought they were a chance, and state wasn't important, contract or not, they offer would be WAY above 10.

But hey, you do you.
Hahahahah here come the Richmond fans making my point for me.

Hahahahah here come the Richmond fans making my point for me.
Um, no.

Your point is pick 10 is more than fair.

It's not.

Um, no.

Your point is pick 10 is more than fair.

It's not.
Um yes. You would take that if there was 5 minutes left in trade period and Freo said that’s final offer. He doesn’t want to play there.

You would get less next year. All this contracted stuff really doesn’t mean you pay overs. Pretty clear contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on

Um yes. You would take that if there was 5 minutes left in trade period and Freo said that’s final offer. He doesn’t want to play there.

You would get less next year. All this contracted stuff really doesn’t mean you pay overs. Pretty clear contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on
Incorrect.

So say Bolton doesn’t get traded this year what’s he worth next year a year older? He will request a trade again
Cerra uncontracted went for 6
Saad for 8, uncontracted.

Bolton has panels on Cerra and Saad, Will still have 3 years on a contract at the end of next year.

He's 25yo, not 29/30.

Jeremy Cameron was 27yo and a RFA when traded for 3x 1sts (sending 2 x 2nds back). Yes, Jezza is an absolute gun.

But the point is that Bolton is somewhere in between Cerra/Saad and Jezza, but is IN contract, so I think 2 mid firsts is fair in a historical context.

Bolton has panels on Cerra and Saad, . Top 6 pick and a late first/early 2nd or 2 mid firsts. Will still have 3 years on a contract at the end of next year.

He's 25yo, not 29/30.

Jeremy Cameron was 27yo and a RFA when traded for 3x 1sts (sending 2 x 2nds back). Yes, Jezza is an absolute gun.

But the point is that Bolton is somewhere in between Cerra/Saad and Jezza, but is IN contract, so I think 2 mid firsts is fair in a historical context.
Please don’t compare Shai Bolton to Jeremy Cameron.

Saad was in an unknown draft and this is a super draft. So pick 10 in this draft is better than pick 10 in 2020. More than fair this deal than

I think your general point about the "contracted player" cat and mouse game being bs is obviously correct. Once a team seriously comes to the negotiating table, there's a reason they're doing so. Put it like this: if Chad Warner requested a trade home today, Sydney would almost certainly laugh and throw said request in the bin. Because for them, unlike Richmond with Shai, they actually want to keep the player. Even if it's only for 1 year, even if it means getting less next year.

But regarding this, enough teams cut their nose to spite their face over the trade period out of intangible things like principle and respect that I think Richmond reject that offer. 10 and 18 has already been set by Freo as the floor, so removing 1 of those picks would be viewed legitimately as taking the piss.

I think your general point about the "contracted player" cat and mouse game being bs is obviously correct. Once a team seriously comes to the negotiating table, there's a reason they're doing so. Put it like this: if Chad Warner requested a trade home today, Sydney would almost certainly laugh and throw said request in the bin. Because for them, unlike Richmond with Shai, they actually want to keep the player. Even if it's only for 1 year, even if it means getting less next year.

But regarding this, enough teams cut their nose to spite their face over the trade period out of intangible things like principle and respect that I think Richmond reject that offer. 10 and 18 has already been set by Freo as the floor, so removing 1 of those picks would be viewed legitimately as taking the piss.
Spot on, like Houston with Port, they want the player gone because they want the pick.

Bolton has panels on Cerra and Saad, Will still have 3 years on a contract at the end of next year.

He's 25yo, not 29/30.

Compare it to players moving this draft. p17 Bailey smith (23), p28 Alex Neal Bullen(28), p67 Jack Darling (32). p18 is about right, any more than p10 is way overs, two of them together is club sabotage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don’t compare Shai Bolton to Jeremy Cameron.
I clearly said he was in between Saad/Cerra and Cameron.

I never stated he was as good. I used the 3 trades as a comparative tool. Don't be disingenuous.

Like Gold Coast with giving more than 6, Freo need to ask themselves, do Richmond walk away if we dont give 10 and 11? I dont think they do as everyone knows they are keen for picks and 10/18 isnt insulting. Freo are pretty weak on this stuff though so I can see us giving up 11.

He's 25yo, not 29/30.

I think the Carlton trade shows mid first picks are worth more this year than a typical year to the tune of a 2nd rounder.

So 10 and 18 is already equivalent to 10, 18, 30, 36 in usual years.

If we then were to convert it into 2nd rounders at your Brisbane trade it's worth about eight 2nd rounders haha.

Interesting that Bolton's citing "personal reasons" behind his desire to break a contract and change clubs, but there is nowhere near the interest in these "personal issues" as Bailey Smiths where it is constantly cited as the reason his draft value has plummeted. Combined with an onfield drop off, it is a glaring Hogan like warning to Freo to stay away. A person paid millions to play football with friends, that needs a change, is probably not going to provide the positive drive needed.
Yes he has a kid and another on the way, and married to a WA girl, that's the personal issues. Not sure if you have had kids and live 3,000 km away from family, but it would be quite a go home factor for both of them.

He's 25yo, not 29/30.

Dude. You didn't answer his question at all.

Whats up with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back