Sheedy Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sheedy Sacked ??

Predictions for the coaching merri-go-round:

-Mark Harvey slides into the Essendon job.

-Richmond eat the last two years of Wallace's contract to bring Sheedy in.

-Freo take what they can get and hire Peter Sumich, who they've been looking at all along anyway.

-Carlton make a big offer to Dean Laidley, but the Kangaroos do some moving and shaking and manage to keep him.

-Carlton end up hiring one of their ex-players to coach, be it Ratten, Silvagni or Bradley.

-Melbourne to choose from the general assistant coaching ranks, like Longmire, McKenna etc, as well as Michael Voss.

-Daniher to decide to take himself out of consideration for coaching spots and assume a role in the media.

i personally don't think sheedy is the legend that others think he is- 4 premierships in 27 years does not a legend make.

however, he is an icon, and he is a great spirit, and if he is walking now, thats the kind of thing that can ruin the culture of a club. essendon will take a long time to recover if he is leaving now, and leaving acrimoniously.

fremantle, on the other hand, need to offer him the world- because he could build a culture that they've never been able to get over there.

Are you kidding!!! how many other coaches have won four?

He also took the side to 2nd last. It was time.

There still more then a mathematical chance of making the finals, surely it could have been left til after their season was over. Guess the bombers are worried they'll miss out on snapping up their preferred choice from all the coaches that are floating around at the moment.

It seems sheeds was asked if he would coach out the season, he said no because there wasn't going to be an extension- so it looks like the bombers will also have a care taker coach, most likely G'OD for the last 6 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There still more then a mathematical chance of making the finals, surely it could have been left til after their season was over. Guess the bombers are worried they'll miss out on snapping up their preferred choice from all the coaches that are floating around at the moment.

I agree about the reason, although I'm sure he has been given the rest of the season and if he leaves straight away it will be of his own volition.

The question now would be, can the Bombers make the eight with the caretaker coach?

And would they've made it with Sheedy.......?

Shock!!!

They should have waited till the end of the year. What was the point of that statement they released the other day, crumbled to media pressure.

FWIW I think a new coach is very much needed at Essendon, think they could have done it better, hopefully he coaches the year out.

Candle Light Vigil For Kevin Sheedy

I think out of respect for the great man Sheedy to honour his 27yrs service to the Essendon Football Club Four Premierships, having rebuilt the Essendon list over many years and return the club to premiership glory and proved over the years he is a fantastic coach.

The man who introduced 'jacket waving' the man who played and coached with passion.

Good luck for the future you have been a massive part of VFL/AFL football and I think it is approprite that you are honoured in the right way:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back