Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a start of a huge week.
Houston we have a problem.
Contact from front on looks like the chest was hit first.Haven't seen a side on camera view yet.
Rankine unconscious before his head hits the ground.That will be a problem at the tribunal.
To me it doesn't look any worse than Maynards hit on Brayshaw.A career ending collision.
A few weeks ago didn't think we could beat Freo at Optus.Freo just miss big moments in matches.Think we will win and finish second with a buy to rest up.
Two home finals and the big dance at the G.
All games will be scrappy Ken clashes.But only the winning result matters
GOPORT
Lte Edit dont know why Fox Sports is grinding their Port blunt axe.Its us againt the rest.
In 20 years time we will all giggle about Rachelli.A career Downhill Skier whos mouth never match his ability.

Last edited:
Wonder how Rachel woke up feeling today

He might have all his teeth but he is as soft a footballer as they come

The most selfish thing about Rachele is the way he constantly burns his team mates to celebrate with the crowd

"Kick the winning goal against Essendon? Time to embrace the boys and get around them? Nah! I'm heading straight for the crowd who are 30 meters away! Get out of my way Dawson, glory awaits me."

Anyone bother to watch Ken's presser?

Would be nice here for once if he backed Houston and said it was a fair hit even if he was blatantly lying
Nah.

An old fashioned shirt front on a player who was basically defenceless that leaves him concussed is not something any coach would support in 2024. And not many supporters would either.

Added to that we will lose a key defender through suspension for the finals campaign - a player who is a focal point for our defensive rebound turnover strategy.

Wasn't a fair hit and wasn't smart. And even worse it could end up costing us big time in the finals.

Wonder how Rachel woke up feeling today

He might have all his teeth but he is as soft a footballer as they come
He'll be off to get his eyebrows shaped - like he does every Sunday.

After yet another night sleeping with the lights on.

Last edited:
Nothing fans the flickering flames of my footy passion quite like salty Crows supporters.

Neighbours cracked the sads big time. Today, bright and early, I wished them all a good morning while weeding the front yard.

Ol’ darl across the street gave me filthy daggers. Her husband totally blanked me. The couple next door to them were frothing about Houston’s Hit.

“Good bump,” I said. “Play on.”

Well, that really set em off. They were literally spitting chips. Cheese & onion, I think? Thought they were gonna stroke.

Have a sook ya sanctimonious old campaigners.

JHF in prison bars is the sexiest thing I’ve seen since the hawt barista from my local cafe rocked up to the gym in short-shorts and hi-tops, goddamn 😍

What was the go with the cut of the guernseys? They looked magnificent. Just about the best I’ve seen the prison bars farken.

Or maybe it’s just the prison bars 🤷‍♂️

Hands down the greatest guernsey, jersey, strip, uniform, whatever, in any sport, any league, anywhere in the world and it’s not even close, absolutely not, nope.

JHF really is a throwback. He’s just that classic old school Port player. Roo seems a fan. Said in the call that JHF is prolly the most impactful player in the comp rn (or something like that.) The other dopes in the commentary box seemed genuinely stumped, lol.

Dunno what’s happened in the past month… but this team seems to have a real steel about it atm. There’s a bit of mongrel. Got some dawgz.

Finals are the litmus test, obvs. So yeah, I’m keeping a lid on it. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see a glimmer of hope seeping in through the cracks on my fortified brick veneer wall of doubt.

Anyone wanna buy a bunch of modern Star Wars toys? Getting rid of all that sh!t to focus on vintage. Buck Rogers ain’t a cheap line to collect…

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 2.19.16 pm.png

Last edited:
Good to see some anger, spirit in Boak's game tonight. Quite unusual of him so fired up.

Two good games in a row (albeit that run down this game). Maybe the penny has dropped and he realises there's a chance before his time runs out..
A major part of many people's criticism of Port is that we've been too nice. Screw that - Hawthorn won a hat trick of premierships by playing tough, unsociable football, and they definitely didn't care about making friends. We HAVE to play that way to be successful.

Felt like the Port games of old.
Loved the hard edge.
Even Boak looked tough.
He’s been great in recent weeks.
Heaps of passion.
We were undermanned up front.
Hope that gets sorted.
Bummer about Houston.
Will be badly missed and a shame for him missing finals in his most likely final year with Port.
Who will step up?
I guess we get to see how we manage without him.
Glad the boys kept their heads down during the week while Rachelle embarrassed himself during the week and during the game.
So many flogs in that team.

Do you think Port's doctors were able to remove Murray from Esava last night? Genuinely hung onto Sav so much all night you'd think he was superglued on. No free kicks though. Funny that.

Also seems to be approved to tackle JHF based on his intent to get the ball, not actual possession. But then that's gone on all year.

Great to wake up on a Sunday after winning a showdown and cementing the fact that the franchise has achieved nothing in 2024. Let’s face it no finals for the last 7 years and they have a wish version of Hinkley as their head coach. They are no destination club and I doubt any decent player will want to be traded their unless they are overpaid 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Remember so many pundits having them in the 8 this year and us out. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Port's doctors were able to remove Murray from Esava last night? Genuinely hung onto Sav so much all night you'd think he was superglued on. No free kicks though. Funny that.

Also seems to be approved to tackle JHF based on his intent to get the ball, not actual possession. But then that's gone on all year.
Esava’s an interesting case study at the moment.

He’s clearly not an efficient forward. He didn’t mark much last night, and when he did win the ball he butchered it. His returns have been diminishing since the “surprise” factor of the Carlton game. But like Sweet, there’s a strength about the way he contests under a pack or high ball. He doesn’t get outmarked. Now it’s probably a case of everyone else around him hitting good form that coincidentally has occurred when he’s gone forward. But I’m comfortable him playing forward for the rest of the year if we go that way. We’ll need to choose between him and Marshall. It’s as simple as that.

I’ve said this all year JHF and rioli are umpired differently to other similar players.. you dare touch neale and it’s a free, dare touch a hawks small and it’s a free..

Shits me

Nah.

An old fashioned shirt front on a player who was basically defenceless that leaves him concussed is not something any coach would support in 2024. And not many supporters would either.

Added to that we will lose a key defender through suspension for the finals campaign - a player who is a focal point for our defensive rebound turnover strategy.

Wasn't a fair hit and wasn't smart. And even worse it could end up costing us big time in the finals.

In the context of Rankines off the ball concussion of Starcevic that earned a 4 week ban, what is Houston’s in play bump worth sweetheart?

A major part of many people's criticism of Port is that we've been too nice. Screw that - Hawthorn won a hat trick of premierships by playing tough, unsociable football, and they definitely didn't care about making friends. We HAVE to play that way to be successful.

In the past under Ken Hinkley we tend to go too far and get ahead of ourselves or lose focus on football when we play tough and unsociable football. I'd like to think with Carr at the moment there's a more finessed influence in how to play that way.

In the context of Rankines off the ball concussion of Starcevic that earned a 4 week ban, what is Houston’s in play bump worth sweetheart?
Why don't you wait until tomorrow when the MRO report comes in, weirdo. In the meantime take the time to look up the Tribunal guidelines regarding classifiable offences.

As Hinkley said, Houston is a very fair player and that was a split second decision for which he will just have to face the consequences. But anyone with a functioning brain who has followed the game this year knows that incidents like that which leave a player concussed are now treated very harshly by the AFL for obvious reasons.

My guess is the contact will be graded intentional, high and severe. Straight to the Tribunal and 4-5 weeks the likely sanction.

Last edited:
What is your AFL games played experience to be calling a Port player a dud? I will take it one step further and ask, are you actually a Port supporter?
Calm down Princess, you've never played a game either and every Port fan knows that Burton is a dud. Also, if I'm not a Port supporter, why would I hate Hinkley so much and want him gone, because I've wanted him gone since round two 2016. You're probably a deluded goose who is in love with Hinkley like Kornes.

Why don't you wait until tomorrow when the MRO report comes in, weirdo. In the meantime take the time to look up the Tribunal guidelines regarding classifiable offences.

As Hinkley said, Houston is a very fair player and that was a split second decision for which he will just have to face the consequence. But anyone with a functioning brain knows that incidents like that which leave a player concussed are now treated very harshly by the AFL for obvious reasons.

My guess is the content will be graded intentional, high and severe. Straight to the Tribunal and 4-5 weeks the likely sanction.
That’s not nice of you talking to a GWS member like that.
Try and be more friendly towards opposition supporters when they come on our board.

And how the **** did the umpire standing a few metres away not pay a free ffs. Unbelievable.
He ended up near us shortly after that incident and I let him know how irresponsible it was to not penalise thrilhou & to get control back of the game which he started to look back towards me then corrected himself. He knew he’d ****ed up

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back