Sick with #30 umpire anger

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS. Any time a football loses a game, anywhere, the umpires are called cheats somewhere on the internet. If the umpires involved threatened legal action every time this happened, there would be another global financial crisis. In summary, as if they give a shit what a punter says on the net.

Let it go, DobieG.

Pfft yeh, blame the umpires. The hypocrisy is laughable.

How many of your 334 horrendous posts have been on our board? Too many, I'd say. Off to the dairy farm with you, flog.

How many of your 334 horrendous posts have been on our board? Too many, I'd say. Off to the dairy farm with you, flog.

Dairy farm? It's straight to the knackery and into the glue pot.

Dairy farm? It's straight to the knackery and into the glue pot.

Would it be in poor taste to call Adelaide Oval 'The Abattoir'? Considering all the cow killing that's certain to take place there. ;)

Would it be in poor taste to call Adelaide Oval 'The Abattoir'? Considering all the cow killing that's certain to take place there. ;)

I like that.

Let's hope John "The Meatman" Butcher is sharpening his cleavers.

meatman.jpg

FFS. Any time a football loses a game, anywhere, the umpires are called cheats somewhere on the internet. If the umpires involved threatened legal action every time this happened, there would be another global financial crisis. In summary, as if they give a shit what a punter says on the net.

Let it go, DobieG.

There are people in our courts who have had untrue, extremely unfair claims made by major newspapers or TV programs about them and even they struggle to successfully sue. A comment on a footy forum amongst thousands of similar comments doesn't even rate.

dobie G if I were to call you a dickhead would ,you sue me?
Here, couldn't care less, if you did it on my web page then maybe?
Umpires have a very difficult job, making split second decisions from what they can see.
Who in their right mind would like to be one?

Umpires have a very difficult job, making split second decisions from what they can see.

So do many people in many different jobs. Most of them actually have some degree of accountability for their performance levels, too.

Who in their right mind would like to be one?

Indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually try to refrain from blaming umpires... but we all have lapses sometimes.

What hurt us was a few bad decisions. Now, over the course of a game, a few decisions either way shouldn't be too much of a factor, but when the games on the line and the umpires continue to dog you when it's important...

Here's the 'frees for' breakdown:

1st Q: Geel 2 PA 2
2nd Q: Geel 5 PA 3
3rd Q: Geel 6 PA 6
4th Q: Geel 9 PA 3

There were 3 shockers IMO

The non free against Sarge
The holding the ball against Young
The holding the ball against Olliie
So you were happy with the non-free to Robbie when he went for the mak in the 1st quarter 20 metres from goal and the hold to Corey against Bob in the last quarter in the goal square?

So you were happy with the non-free to Robbie when he went for the mak in the 1st quarter 20 metres from goal and the hold to Corey against Bob in the last quarter in the goal square?
Lets not forget the pittard throw....

But ...honestly they were too good umpires or not we were 23 points up at half time it should have been 40..
Then their avalanche happened no umpire could make it rain like that...

So do many people in many different jobs. Most of them actually have some degree of accountability for their performance levels, too.
Not that many have to make 'split second" decisions on their own without the aid of technology, even air traffic controllers have more than a second and they have technology.
You say "many people in many different jobs" -Then name me some, say ten, different occupations/jobs where a person makes a split second decision which is not reversible, on their own, without any technology and never makes any mistakes.

For the AFL to make money, they need winning Melbourne clubs in the finals. Their worse case scenario is a Dockers v Power Grand Final.

Having said that I do believe individual umpires play favourites. Tom Logan will never be paid the same free for head high contact that a Joel Selwood would.

Speaking of which, I feel like I should join a church or something. Jay Schulz actually getting a free kick at one point on the weekend is one of the first signs of the apocalypse.

I'm annoyed at people who come on and say get over it - the title of the thread indicates it as vent against umpires if you don't like it don't read it. There are plenty of threads on big footy that i don't read because i don't agree with them. FFS if we can't have a spit and whinge on BF where can we? If we are going to be so fricken politically correct then take down all the threads abusing players, coaches, media, ... what will be left with? Let's just say tally ho and jolly good and back slaps all around

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick with #30 umpire anger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back