News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in the Pivotonians last Fri night and even in that area , there were some Bulldogs scarfs in amoungst the Cats. And believe me thats not cheap either.
It's actually customary for a group of supporters from the coterie group of the away team to pay for a table or two at the home teams function.

Yep, agree with Vdubs.

I imagine they will be expanding the social club in the new stand so you will probably see some new (younger) patronage.
They should have built a deck out back like the medallion club and allow smoking. Those memberships would go in a blink. Or have they stopped the smoking at Etihad now? It's been a while.

My wife and I just signed up and payed the deposit to join the social club next year. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good decision. If not, I can always go back to getting reserved seats in 2018. I don't think I will regret it though. Looking forward to it, and hopefully enjoying it for many years to come.

My wife and I just signed up and payed the deposit to join the social club next year. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good decision. If not, I can always go back to getting reserved seats in 2018. I don't think I will regret it though. Looking forward to it, and hopefully enjoying it for many years to come.
Welcome aboard

They should have built a deck out back like the medallion club and allow smoking. Those memberships would go in a blink. Or have they stopped the smoking at Etihad now? It's been a while.
NEVER

Medallion club had it.

I appreciate you don't drink.
But being able to buy a fresh cooked burger off the grill, have a beer in glass, and have a smoke made the benefits worth it.

Medallion club had it.

I appreciate you don't drink.
But being able to buy a fresh cooked burger off the grill, have a beer in glass, and have a smoke made the benefits worth it.
Some people are respiratorily compromised by just a sniff of tobacco smoke.
Bad enough at 1/2 time walking past hordes of desperadoes getting their fixes outside.
In this day and age, most venues are totally banning any internal smoking, and that will progress to outside areas if there are enough complaints.
The difference between smoking and drinking is plain as day- smokers inflict their smoke on those that definitely don't want any of it.

No thanks those days are gone, and not before time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly $100 a game for a ticket seems a little dear (more than MCC costs), but I'd love to get one. Sounds like a great experience, and premiership membership as part of the package sounds alright.

It would be fantastic if the membership allowed you access to other events at Simonds, eg GFL finals, VFL/Falcons/U18 rep games, Soccer friendlies etc. Sounds like they're trying to get that organised by the sounds of things, but that would really make it worth while

Making the move from Brownlow to Social next year. Very difficult decision and I'm still not 100% sure about it.
Negatives are: losing the best spot to watch from, not being able to on-sell my seats if we can't attend, membership is not transferable (ie let a friend use my ticket if I can't go- although the membership staff told me they are looking in to ways to allow this) and not having a reserved seat.
Looking on the bright side is not having to put up with the same annoying seat neighbours for a whole season and the view will be almost as good- in fact it is exactly where I sat when my parents first started taking me to the footy. It will also be good varying my seats game by game. Good weather in the open, rainy games under cover, etc.
The plusses (the things that decided the move) are: easier to bring extra family/friends along through guest passes, Grand Final ticket access (I already had a Premiership membership anyway so the extra cost I paid covered the dearer membership), seats at Melbourne home games included (level 2 at MCG and Etihad) and, possibly, seats at other Simonds Stadium events (again, membership staff said it is being looked in to, but no certainty by a long way.)
If you are contemplating a similar decision I can understand uncertainty. I guess I can always change to another stand in the future if it doesn't work out, but getting back on the wing might be as hard as it always has been.

The membership team were keen to recommend the Social Club saying that the rest of the new stand will be much like the Premiership and Players stands, whereas the Social Club will be more like the MCC in regard to facilities, comfort and benefits. Here's hoping (and no 20 year wait!)

Last edited:
Meanwhile... Advertiser today has story about Vic government and CoGG developing 10 year plan for the city. The story is behind the Addy's pay-wall online but the print version lists "Complete Stage 5 of the Kardinia Park stadium redevelopment, subject to financial approval" in the 2018-2026 time-frame.
Fingers crossed for the 38000 to 40000+ capacity fully finished in time for Corey Enright's 500th game. ✅

Making the move from Brownlow to Social next year. Very difficult decision and I'm still not 100% sure about it.
Negatives are: losing the best spot to watch from, not being able to on-sell my seats if we can't attend, membership is not transferable (ie let a friend use my ticket if I can't go- although the membership staff told me they are looking in to ways to allow this) and not having a reserved seat.
Looking on the bright side is not having to put up with the same annoying seat neighbours for a whole season and the view will be almost as good- in fact it is exactly where I sat when my parents first started taking me to the footy. It will also be good varying my seats game by game. Good weather in the open, rainy games under cover, etc.
The plusses (the things that decided the move) are: easier to bring extra family/friends along through guest passes, Grand Final ticket access (I already had a Premiership membership anyway so the extra cost I paid covered the dearer membership), seats at Melbourne home games included (level 2 at MCG and Etihad) and, possibly, seats at other Simonds Stadium events (again, membership staff said it is being looked in to, but no certainty by a long way.)
If you are contemplating a similar decision I can understand uncertainty. I guess I can always change to another stand in the future if it doesn't work out, but getting back on the wing might be as hard as it always has been.

The membership team were keen to recommend the Social Club saying that the rest of the new stand will be much like the Premiership and Players stands, whereas the Social Club will be more like the MCC in regard to facilities, comfort and benefits. Here's hoping (and no 20 year wait!)

Hey Thunder Road, I have also made the move and signed up to the social club for 2017. I have previously had reserved seats in the Hickey stand. I, like you, was initially uncertain but I have opted to take the risk and go for it. I think the benefits sound really good. Can't wait to see the setup next year. You mentioned something about having level 2 seats at Melbourne games included. How does that work exactly? Do we get the option to upgrade to seats on level 2 at the 'G and Etihad for our home games? Level 2 would be great!

Hey Thunder Road, I have also made the move and signed up to the social club for 2017. I have previously had reserved seats in the Hickey stand. I, like you, was initially uncertain but I have opted to take the risk and go for it. I think the benefits sound really good. Can't wait to see the setup next year. You mentioned something about having level 2 seats at Melbourne games included. How does that work exactly? Do we get the option to upgrade to seats on level 2 at the 'G and Etihad for our home games? Level 2 would be great!
If it's like it used to be there's just an area on Level 2 that is like the social club but at the G (maybe a couple of bays side by side). Even has a bar behind it for social club members.

If it's like it used to be there's just an area on Level 2 that is like the social club but at the G (maybe a couple of bays side by side). Even has a bar behind it for social club members.

Oh okay, that sounds really good. I have a good feeling about this social club thing next year. It's getting better and better. Cheers CE :thumbsu:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

As far ask can tell, if you want to go to an Etihad or MCG home game you book a seat, at no additional cost, prior to the game. The Social Club has an allocation of seats on level 2 (see pics of 2016 seating plus 2017 at Simonds). I really like level 2 at both Melbourne grounds- not too high, under cover and good facilities.
You can also purchase up to 4 guest passes per membership.

A good thing about the new Social Club seating area is it will be where the players race is as seen in the picture, guess this ties in with the Social Club being directly above the changerooms as seen in the earlier rendering of the new Social Club layout
273771_1a3e4a181e8559e844852f1ede0962af.jpeg

Photo5.jpg

Had a discussion/argument with a mate the other day, surely we'd all agree the seating in the new stands level 1 at Simonds is steeper than the MCG? If anyone has any facts on this would be appreciated, or even just some back up :D

Remove this Banner Ad

News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back