Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly makes them look like amateurs.
The gap between Dangerfield and Selwood's football compared to the rest of our team is as glaring as it has ever been for a long time.
It's like watching St Kilda of the 90's and they had Robert Harvey and Nicky Winmar and the rest of their midfield was just there to help those two out.
I think it is more that those two are at the absolute elite level of the competition. Most other midfielders pale in comparison. So of course our other midfielders are going to fall into that bracket.

I will also add that it can only benefit those other guys training and playing with two elite midfielders. As long as they have the right mindset and don't subconsciously fall into the trap of sitting back and letting Danger and Selwood do all the work.

Courtesy of 'On The Couch'

cf7661beb3faf5a208ca673b141bb87e.jpg

Guthrie and Duncan are no slouches. I doubt either Selwood or Danger could lock down a player and play a good game at the same time any better than Guthrie. And he's a better player, of course, but wake me up when Danger gets Duncan's kicking skills. :p

How often does Guthrie do what you're describing?

Dangerfield may not have the most accurate kick but he creates an incredible amount of offensive opportunities given his ability to break a tackle and kick the ball beyond defensive zones.. I'll take that over an accurate 15m sideways Duncan kick any day.

How often does Guthrie do what you're describing?

Dangerfield may not have the most accurate kick but he creates an incredible amount of offensive opportunities given his ability to break a tackle and kick the ball beyond defensive zones.. I'll take that over an accurate 15m sideways Duncan kick any day.
Every time he has been asked. And he has excelled at it. You might want to look at the 2013 final against the Hawks where he gave Rioli a bath. I think he got ironed out at the start of the last quarter and Rioli broke free.

This is where the hero worship bs turns my guts.

Every time he has been asked. And he has excelled at it. You might want to look at the 2013 final against the Hawks where he gave Rioli a bath. I think he got ironed out at the start of the last quarter and Rioli broke free.

This is where the hero worship bs turns my guts.

2013? LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2013? LOL
2015? Dangerfield?

Guthrie, who impressed last season as a running half-back, was given the role in running with Adelaide superstar Patrick Dangerfield.

Taylor Hunt has typically been given the tagging roles at Geelong over the past year, but coach Chris Scott is determined to develop his players in a variety of roles.

Although Dangerfield provided two of the game’s highlights — a screamer in the back pocket and a stunning goal from the boundary line — Guthrie kept him under relative control for the most of the night.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...ons-says-guthrie/story-fnjuhrhu-1226862683072

And this guy only cost us picks 9 and 28! :eek: (we basically swapped Gore for 50 which we then on traded with pick 49 for Zac Smith) Wow what a great deal for us, he is going to be a star for our club for a long time.

If there was any doubt who may be our best player, it's emphatically been answered the last fortnight.

Selwood is going to go down as one of our greatest ever but what Dangerfield is doing right now, only a handful of mids over the last few years have matched this kind of brilliance.
31 disposals, 16 of them contested, 5.5 marks, 2 of them contested, 7.5 inside fifties, 5.5 tackles, 6.5 clearances & almost 1 goal per game is something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back