Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to get some views on who are the major challengers against Danger for the Brownlow this season?

He is 2-1 for the Brownlow, he's in career best form, stands out amongst our team, is a midfielder with the most goals (and almost most possessions).

Those odds shouldn't shorten, so best to bet on him at the end of the season to remove some risk in case he get's injured.

This site is interesting: http://www.afl.com.au/brownlow-medal/predictor

I'd say Sloane, D Martin, J Stevens are possible threats...

The Swans midfield is very even and competing with Buddy Franklin for the votes, so not sure whether there is a major challenger there.

Same with the Hawks, there team is too even for any standouts this season.

I haven't followed the Eagles, and whether Shuey is a major chance this season. I think Priddis' output is a bit lower this season and shouldn't be a major threat.
Sloane, Martin & Steven seem the likely trio to challenge Danger.

For me, Martin racks up too many "junk" possessions. A couple of weeks ago he had 14 possessions in 1Q but gained a total of 7 metres.

Out of Sloane and Steven, my money would be on Steven to get more votes, but IMO not enough to be a serious challenge.

pkphTMT.jpg

AFL COACHES have voted Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield as the best player in the competition, yet he's not the one they would want if starting a team from scratch.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-03/coaches-says-dangers-best-but-they-want-someone-else

It's on the crows board. And they hate the last 5 seconds :)
yep... how dare a grown adult want to move to a place he loves... HOW DARE HE!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journos are funny.

If you were starting a team from scratch, the person to build a team around is........

Stephen Wells.

I would have said brian cook actually.

But i agree with your point.

Closer than any one particular player.

The reality is you don't build a team around anyone anymore. It's a concerted, group effort (the hint is in the word "team") from top to bottom.
Correct. We have this new group of people ( possibly fantasy footy people) who look at the lowest stats etc.

"Ok, we need to drop someone"
'Well that's easy, who had the lowest stats'?

It doesn't, and shouldn't work like that.

A team is a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back