Remove this Banner Ad

Had an immense year, has won nearly every single media award, played an enormous role in taking is from 10th to top 4 and all the while being genuine, humble happy and a fantastic ambassador for the club.

His kicking can be iffy but the good outweighs the bad by so much it isn't funny.

My only concern is that surely he's can't get better than that? If he can the laaawd we are in for an exciting year or 2..
The type of player worth going to the footy for alone his combo of strength and speed simply phenomenal

Patty's post game article:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/f1b0a54539f4581ef80dfa7517a52872

SLEEP came some time around 5am, but it didn’t help.
A walk along the beach and a spot of fishing also didn’t do the job.
The reality is that nothing is going to take away the pain from our preliminary final loss.
It’s not what actually happened in the game that keeps the mind racing, it’s more the feeling that we had more to give.
This team had more to give and more to achieve, that’s the really tough part about Friday night’s loss.
We were convincingly beaten by a better side and that’s the hard part the players have to swallow. It tells us that we’ve got some work to do.
The performance didn’t do justice to this team which I have no doubt is a very good one.
The attention of the football world now turns to Monday night’s Brownlow Medal. But to be honest it just doesn’t matter.
Every year I have been envious of those players who you see get up as soon as the count finishes and head straight out the door as they have bigger things happening ... team success.
I desperately wanted to be one of them this year.

He has been as they say in the greats "crazy good". We just need someone who can sit behind him and Joel comfortably. I have a bad feeling he's not on the list though. Motlop, Ducan and Guthrie aren't ball winners.

Indeed, he realises what a chance the rest of the team let slip.
Yep, spot on.
He spoke about the only other time he lost a prelim, but in that case Adelaide felt they'd done everything they could and just lost to a better team. This time, it was the team could/should have done more.

Super disappointed that Hawkins wasn't smashing packs and sending blokes home in the back of an ambulance last night. He should have been in the goal square and charging through. So what if you miss the GF at least the team made it...

Go Paddy, enjoy tonight. I will. Its been a pleasure getting to know you as a player and person, albeit from a distance. Made of the right stuff.

He has been as they say in the greats "crazy good". We just need someone who can sit behind him and Joel comfortably. I have a bad feeling he's not on the list though. Motlop, Ducan and Guthrie aren't ball winners.
Lets have a look at Menegola next season. He looks promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow exceeded i think even our best expectations for his first year did the brownlow medallist!.

Was outstanding with not only his leadership on field and his ability to drag the team on his back,but his leadership off field being put in our leadership group straight away and being humble and hardworking.

And all for picks 9 and 28, could possibly be our greatest ever trade in.

Toasts to patty and mardi and their families, moggs creek and wellsy for getting it done.

Wow exceeded i think even our best expectations for his first year did the brownlow medallist!.

Was outstanding with not only his leadership on field and his ability to drag the team on his back,but his leadership off field being put in our leadership group straight away and being humble and hardworking.

And all for picks 9 and 28, could possibly be our greatest ever trade in.

Toasts to patty and mardi and their families, moggs creek and wellsy for getting it done.
Ahem! aren't you forgetting to toast some people?

Apologies for the intrusion. I'm having a Friday night in tonight, and I just finished re-watching this game. This has to be one of the greatest individual performances that I've ever seen from a footballer! Amazing effort.

Who's the annoying voice over in the 7footy preview...give him a pkt of anticol, he's worse than Craig Willis and that's bad!

I can't remember a Geelong player so hell bent on the grand prize,now with his get to know you season out the way,I can see this strong willed out spoke,self driven individual asking pointed questions to some of his team mates next season as well as being in the ear of Scott in regards of where he's taking the side with field placement and game plan.If Scott thought SJ was a hand full at times he aint see nothing this bloke will keep everyone honest and focused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back