Remove this Banner Ad

The great man is doing a promo event at my work in the city today. I had other commitments and couldn't go, but my housemate went down there to say hi.

Turns out the promo event was ridiculously quiet, and my housemate has been sitting around chatting to him 1 on 1 all morning. Just got a phone call from her number - Patrick Dangerfield on the other end of the phone :D

How many goals for the year? 40+ a possibility? Another level again this year?
Looks like it.

Half way through the year, averaging 29.6 disposals and 2 goals a game. I reckon he was underdone in about 4 or 5 of them (mid match round 4 - round 8) too. Who/when's the last player to average 30 disposals and 2 goals a game over a season - Ablett in 2010 maybe? I imagine it's pretty rare ground since the days of Lethal.

Taken his game to another level, if that is possible.
Well, atleast so far as the team is concerned.
Last year he played unbelievable Dangerfield football and as good as that was ("good"... geez is was amazing) I reckon he's playing better Geelong football this year.
Credit firstly to Danger himself to be able to change his game from one that won a Brownlow dripping in records and also credit to Scotty and the coaches for having the nuts to ask the best player in the comp to change the way he plays...

**** can you imagine the hectic if he and Joel tied for the Charles. :'(
Brings me back to Mark McClure's comments the other night , that Selwood and Dangerfield are almost the total engine room of Geelong , now don't get me wrong your whole mob is looking favourites to me at the moment, not sure about away from the Cattery, but I suspect no problems for them, any where the way they are going.
Have to look at them without those two who seem to make the centre bounce a forgone conclusion, Dangermouse could kick a bit straighter though.
Geelong are a true ten years and more champion club , I think the Giants maybe looking closely at their opponent in September.
Now this is not a piss in the pocket, I know your club and mine aren't exactly great friends, but the demolition last night of the Crows was a spectacular show of strength. And not to acknowledge it is stupid.
Well done , I suppose the Crows will be out for blood next week and unfortunately the bloody week after too.

Brings me back to Mark McClure's comments the other night , that Selwood and Dangerfield are almost the total engine room of Geelong , now don't get me wrong your whole mob is looking favourites to me at the moment, not sure about away from the Cattery, but I suspect no problems for them, any where the way they are going.
Have to look at them without those two who seem to make the centre bounce a forgone conclusion, Dangermouse could kick a bit straighter though.
Geelong are a true ten years and more champion club , I think the Giants maybe looking closely at their opponent in September.
Now this is not a piss in the pocket, I know your club and mine aren't exactly great friends, but the demolition last night of the Crows was a spectacular show of strength. And not to acknowledge it is stupid.
Well done , I suppose the Crows will be out for blood next week and unfortunately the bloody week after too.

Great post. You sure you're a Hawk's supporter? :D

Seriously though, we're pretty proud of the club's record. Appreciate your acknowledgement :thumbsu:

You Sir cannot possibly be a real hawthorn fan - you speak sense please do us a favour stay away from Bay 13 and keep up the quality posts

You Sir cannot possibly be a real hawthorn fan - you speak sense please do us a favour stay away from Bay 13 and keep up the quality posts

I'm a realist , and you have insulted me in the most horrific way.
I am not only a supporter but a member of Hawthorn Football Club

But my side is in a rebuild and your side is still hanging about, but looked
very good last night , against the so called big gun team this year.

But keep the Mouse and the Selwood in cotton wool when they are not playing.

You know it makes sense Rodders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post. You sure you're a Hawk's supporter? :D

Seriously though, we're pretty proud of the club's record. Appreciate your acknowledgement :thumbsu:

I am a Hawk, don't worry, you can never disregard your biggest challenge, we have quite a history Geelong and Hawthorn , and I remember it from way back in 1963, yes true, we've got you back two fold since then.

An interesting half season left. My boys have some work and building to do, you guys seem still on track!

I would add that while Dangerwood are the best 2 Mids in the game or at least our team, Duncan, Menegola and Scooter have all been having banner years. This gets lost behind the wake of the Dangerwood vessel - but its not like there is a chasm from 1and 2 to 3,4,5.

But yes, Dangerwood is the best 1-2 punch in the game and their influence is clear - its just not the only thing that makes us good atm.

Go Catters

Interesting article authored by Patrick in today's HUN

Patrick Dangerfield: ‘I knew I needed help but didn’t want to be a burden’

THE definition of courage is Collingwood’s Alex Fasolo. His decision to publicly declare he was suffering from depression is as brave as it gets. And it should be applauded.

Fasolo is not alone. AFL can be a never-ending cycle of anxiety for many players.

That nagging feeling nothing in your life will make you happy — other than a good performance.

This is the biggest challenge facing every player, to find a way to put a smile on your face from something other than footy....

.....Having the courage to speak to someone and not bottle up these feelings is crucial. And I know that from personal experience.

I didn’t have depression. I’d describe it as more a feeling of melancholy. It was in 2014 in Adelaide and I was going through a flat patch. I wasn’t really enjoying my footy, I was playing poorly and the only way I could get my enjoyment was from playing well.

But that wasn’t happening.

I couldn’t help but feel I was letting down my teammates every time I went out to play.

Doubt had invaded my mind. I was thinking back to the previous year and recalling that what was easy then just wasn’t happening. It was almost like, “Oh my God, the game has passed me by”.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/1a916f7879015c69a8072ca6e8b40c29

Pardon the intrusion.

Just ducking in to say that I thought your boy was absolutely sensational regarding his comments on Robbo and Alex Fasolo.
Despite being a journalism graduate myself, the more I learned about the industry the more I disliked it and didn't want to go into it with the utter shit put forward by people like Robbo somehow running the show.

Majorly appreciated Danger nailing an absolute ****ing hack of a journalist to the post, was beautiful to watch.

You'll all love this if you haven't already caught it.
Ill show myself out, cheers!

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...-robinson-over-fasolo-tweet?station=melbourne

Hawthorn supporters being nice about Geelong, and Patrick Dangerfield.

Is this a parallel universe?

Haha, by weird coincidence I've happened to have ended up at the same quite small social events as Tom Hawkins and Steve Johnson in the last couple of years.

Both of them were two of the nicest, classiest blokes that I've ever met who had all the time in the world for a beer and a good chat. Both also expressed a surprising amount of respect for Hawthorn which I greatly admired.

You can't help but show the same respect you were shown toward a club when two of their most famous faces have gone out of their way to treat you like they'd probably treat their own family and friends.

Don't get me wrong I'll rip into Geelong with the best of them come game day, but our clubs have put on the best games of football I've ever witnessed and unlike teams like Sydney, you've built your success not bought it.

I'll hope to hell we'll knock you off every time we play, but the games we've had and the knowledge that you've built every bit of the success you've had deserves major respect and then some.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Danger but anyone that doesn't like him isn't a fan of football. Far and away the best player in the competition and calling out AFL media for the disgrace that it is and defending mental health issues in the process tells me the blokes likely as good off the field as he is on it.

Sources say that the baby boy's name is Daniel* :thumbsu:

*This may be fake news

Surely we could get a name with a bit of meat on the bones.... visions of Jarrod Rooke changing his name to Max ;).
And can you imagine a Father son with a name and rep of Max Danger

Surely we could get a name with a bit of meat on the bones.... visions of Jarrod Rooke changing his name to Max ;).
And can you imagine a Father son with a name and rep of Max Danger
Middle Name has to be Zone doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back