Remove this Banner Ad

Raving about his performance last week wasn't rubbish. It was accurate ;)
It's a funny thing how people want to delete the past because of what happens in the future.
Losing this week doesn't make his or our performance last week any less impressive. It means we weren't impressive this week.
I was more referring to our side being written off because he's left, and conversely the general assumption you guys will play finals simply because he's joined.

No question he was outstanding last week, never questioned that fact at all

I was more referring to our side being written off because he's left, and conversely the general assumption you guys will play finals simply because he's joined.

No question he was outstanding last week, never questioned that fact at all

One player doesn't make a team, unless it's Adelaide.

You must admit he looks much better in his new top.

That game is closer to what you are going to get week to week from Patty.

The excitement about him for me was always the lure of upside more than his ability then and there - if we could just tidy his kicking up a bit, improve his awareness, get him to work a bit harder the other way, we'd have something astonishing. Unfortunately at nearly 25 he was still missing the side of a barn a lot, letting his opponent run unchecked, and getting run down from behind more than he should.

He has an extraordinary individual will which sees him go terminator tunnel vision in certain matches, but something I noticed in his prelim in 2012 was how much collateral there is with that. The play starts to revolve around him rather than growing his synergy with the team's performance - because he misses targets and doesn't see his team mates or his opponents, there is trade off. In the 2015 semi final while he was gathering a mountain of (mostly ineffective) touches, his opponent ran unchecked and cut us to pieces with his disposal.

I await with curiosity how he ultimately pans out for you guys. There is still the lure of upside.

I think his upside out weighs the downside by a country mile. No player is perfect. But he's better than 99% of the players playing AFL. His leadership is first class, he is the most explosive player in the comp, he's a contested animal. Sometimes he might shank a kick but who doesn't? I saw Ablett have about 5 changers the other day.

I'd say Sloane is more of a liability than Dangerfield. But he didn't go home so let's not pick on him.

They are being watched and on a very short leash.

Constructive debate is one thing. Anything else wont be here long. Neither will they.

Go Catters
Beware Camries, even in bed Daz is ready ;)

giphy.gif

Dangerfield is an infectious personality, watching him rev up his team mates as they ran the banner it was like he was drafted to the club in 07! I think he loves being home despite putting in his all for the crows, and it will continue to show in his attitude and output.

For those that watched the inteview, recall the bit where he is asked about being at Moggs.

When he starts talking about it, his face just lights up and he smiles and starts to laugh. That is real emotion. He loves being at home. Something I completely relate to. That feeling you get in your guts just makes you happy.

Anyone who thought he left AFC for anything really other than home, missed the point. Geography was massive in this.

Go Catters

For those that watched the inteview, recall the bit where he is asked about being at Moggs.

When he starts talking about it, his face just lights up and he smiles and starts to laugh. That is real emotion. He loves being at home. Something I completely relate to. That feeling you get in your guts just makes you happy.

Anyone who thought he left AFC for anything really other than home, missed the point. Geography was massive in this.

Go Catters
Thinking back to before the trade period last year and the reaction of many footy fans and experts.... It's pretty sad isn't it when moving for money is "understandable" but moving to a place where you feel "at peace" surrounded by family for less money is considered an interesting choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The immediate benefit is his obvious ability but three's a lot more synergy which makes the trade outstanding IMO - leadership , mentoring, fierce competitiveness and a spur for the timbermerchant who is a competitive beast himself.
Looks to be a good bloke to have around the Club which can't be a bad thing either ;)

On a more discomforting note! Anyone else getting feeling of déjà vu? Star leaves. The team he leaves wins flag. Just sayin.......:rolleyes:

The difference was that Geelong with Ablett and Hawthorn with Franklin were already multiple premiership-winning teams with scores of All-Australian players across the field. Adelaide's greatest achievement in the past decade has been winning a semi-final.

It is akin to the early puff pieces about Smedts.

We'd soon forget Gary Whatshisname when we watched Smedts shimmy his way around opponents.

I've seen Smedts play but I still clearly recall Gary's surname.

I know who I'd rather have too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back