Remove this Banner Ad

It all just screams of them trying to convince themselves to me..

They are answering questions that no one is asking...
They're asking it alright. Just check out the Crows board - there's a thread with a poll asking the exact question. The problem is that most Adelaide supporters acknowledge that it's WAY too early for that question to be definitively answered.

Andrew Jarman is Adelaide's Bill Brownless, except he's not even funny. The guy is a joke who shouldn't be taken seriously. He's paid to flap his gums for two hours a day on Adelaide radio. The fact that anything he says, whether it be flippant or otherwise becomes "newsworthy" is an indictment on our society's appetite to gorge on junk news.

It is akin to the early puff pieces about Smedts.

We'd soon forget Gary Whatshisname when we watched Smedts shimmy his way around opponents.

I've seen Smedts play but I still clearly recall Gary's surname.

I know who I'd rather have too.

They are not suggesting that he's as good as GAJ - just Pendlebury, MacLeod and the good Jarman.:rolleyes:

In the Adelaide paper they have Sam Jacobs writing an article on Scott Thompson being the best player he has ever played with. Mother ******* lol.

Some Rucks have a really good relationship with their midfield counterparts. I can believe that Thompson is a gun and has been for years.

I once heard Gary Ablett Jnr say Mark Blake was his favourite tap ruckman ever. Which was a real surprise because I always regarded him as a dud haha.

He still got 27 touches yesterday and has averaged 30 this year. I think he's got a touch of the Bartel's about him - i.e. he only really lifts when it matters. That said, don't forget the boys have played 4 games in 19 days.

Just think about this, Collingwood are looking like paying picks 3 or 4 this year, pick 7 last year and 65 last year for Treloar, whilst we paid 9, 28 and Dean Gore for PFD;)

That's huge picks 3 and 7 for one player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what will we wind up paying for Henderson?
Shhhh - I'm like you not rapt that we gave away that R1 pick for him but we gave pick 17 for taylor so if hendo lights it up in the next few years ill be OK. I think we will deal with one of the expansion clubs too to get back in early in the draft so it might work out OK.

But what will we wind up paying for Henderson?
11-15 I reckon. Maybe a tad later if some star Dons fly the coop and they get top 10 compos in exchange.

11-15 I reckon. Maybe a tad later if some star Dons fly the coop and they get top 10 compos in exchange.
Will they still get compo if players leave because their contact being broken? Interesting to see how it plays out.

Will they still get compo if players leave because their contact being broken? Interesting to see how it plays out.
A few on the main board etc are of the thinking (providing they win the spoon) could get picks 1, 2, 3 but to be fair from memory I think it stemmed from a dud media type suggesting they should tank to ensure it happens.

Wasn't Lloyd or King but someone of similar flog ilk. If they have a mass walkout even if it wasn't in the rules I can seriously see the less than honourable AFL giving them compo.

A few on the main board etc are of the thinking (providing they win the spoon) could get picks 1, 2, 3 but to be fair from memory I think it stemmed from a dud media type suggesting they should tank to ensure it happens.

Wasn't Lloyd or King but someone of similar flog ilk. If they have a mass walkout even if it wasn't in the rules I can seriously see the less than honourable AFL giving them compo.
If the Bombers play similar to how they did on the weekend when they get a bit more of an understanding as to how each other play I don't think they will finish bottom

If the Bombers play similar to how they did on the weekend when they get a bit more of an understanding as to how each other play I don't think they will finish bottom
At most I see two teams capable of being worse, Brisbane and Carlton.

Some Rucks have a really good relationship with their midfield counterparts. I can believe that Thompson is a gun and has been for years.

I once heard Gary Ablett Jnr say Mark Blake was his favourite tap ruckman ever. Which was a real surprise because I always regarded him as a dud haha.
Not a shock really as Blake was excellent as exactly that - a tap ruckman. He was not much at anything else however and that was his issue.

Smith and Stanley can get to that level with directional tap work but its gonna take time for them to gel. And IMO Smith and Stanley are not yet A grade rucks - Goldy, 211, Mummy are A grade. They are doing ok, and for us, are A grade in comparison to what we've had since Otto, but still not A grade yet.

Time will help them develop.

GO Catters

Pick 18, of course.

Glass half full... swings and round about's... I guess if we had picked Lever instead of Cockatoo , if we had got Frawley as FA for FA.. , if not we might have been interested in Hooker.... but really and player like Henderson, what he showed a bit of the other day is worth a 10+ R1 pick no issue.
And as much as the saga still goes on and on ..on the main board re Danger.. he is worth what we paid

..different argument whether we should have had to pay it ... but thats ploughing old ground. We don't look for bargains ... I sort of realised the other day , that we trade how I shop. Just get in , buy it and get the hell out of town. Spend hours looks for 5$ less? Not for me. How some do shopping for fun is beyond me.

Glass half full... swings and round about's... I guess if we had picked Lever instead of Cockatoo , if we had got Frawley as FA for FA.. , if not we might have been interested in Hooker.... but really and player like Henderson, what he showed a bit of the other day is worth a 10+ R1 pick no issue.
And as much as the saga still goes on and on ..on the main board re Danger.. he is worth what we paid

..different argument whether we should have had to pay it ... but thats ploughing old ground. We don't look for bargains ... I sort of realised the other day , that we trade how I shop. Just get in , buy it and get the hell out of town. Spend hours looks for 5$ less? Not for me. How some do shopping for fun is beyond me.

Good analogy about the shopping.
Certainly picked up Danger for a fair price, even though we could've played hardball but chose not too.
The Henderson trade will take time to judge fairly i expect.
I did,and still do,only rate Henderson as a good average footballer.
Considering my expectations of him are lower than the majority on here,i feel we certainly overpaid pick wise for his services.

I did,and still do,only rate Henderson as a good average footballer.
Considering my expectations of him are lower than the majority on here,i feel we certainly overpaid pick wise for his services.
Me too but the deal can really only be judged fairly in a few years - when Lonergan/Taylor retires and when you know what the pick we traded him for ended up being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back