SLF Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the looks of the SFL website this Sammy Parkinson comes from Inverloch-Kongwak as well (same as Caulfield coach McCall). I think the 2 teams with the biggest recruiting spree in Divvy 2 have been Black Rock and Caulfield.....both will push up the ladder and be on the verge of the top 4 this year. Heatherton and Oakleigh will be thereabouts but have lost a few respectively and no real gains. Fermanis a huge loss for the Oaks. Highett with the drop in grade will be very competitive especially at home- hard to beat. Murrumbeena have been rumoured to have lost a few but improved significantly in 2008, Ashwood have lost Carroll (big loss). Lyndale have picked up a few including JJ Aboujaber who was good in Divvy 2 back in the early 2000's so will look to climb the ladder. Sth Yarra are an unknown team and I haven't heard much on Moorabbin but they will need to recruit and bolster their depth to rise back up the table.
Look forward to a good year.....keep up the reports

Parko originally from Hampton Rovers, very handy player, 6"2'sh big unit..

his best possi is CHB, but think he will prob play CHF/FF in Div 2, good hands, think his kicking is a bit hit & miss from memory??
he is as good as Carroll if not better IMO, not seen him play for a few years tho, so will be interesting to see how he travels in SFL ranks

good bloke as well!

Black Rock will make the top 4. Look out for Sth Yarra, sneaking some more A Grade ammos players in and are very well coached. They will make a big impact.

Hey Core,
where do they keep getting these A Grade amo's from & how can afford them??
is same coach as last year, the guy from Nth Kew?

how's Skye travelling mate, see everyone has try to put the mocka's on you blokes again saying you shoe in's for the flag..
have heard Hampton have a few new recruits, i know a few guys who have gone there inc Pooch, some handy footballers signed up i believe..
i'm tipping you notice a few faces from playing rovers few years back

Hey Core,
where do they keep getting these A Grade amo's from & how can afford them??
is same coach as last year, the guy from Nth Kew?

how's Skye travelling mate, see everyone has try to put the mocka's on you blokes again saying you shoe in's for the flag..
have heard Hampton have a few new recruits, i know a few guys who have gone there inc Pooch, some handy footballers signed up i believe..
i'm tipping you notice a few faces from playing rovers few years back

North Kew are not A grade, Kew are in D4 Ammos the worst division. Hope all the boys are from this grade as it will be a walk in the park. I predict a Black Rock v Heatherton. The rest of the teams are ordinary.

If there any sides out there looking for a practice match on the 4th April. We have a ground but are not playing anybody yet. PM if you are interested. By the way it is Skye.

Gday lads and ladies, If anyone would like a practice match against Power House (D3 in the VAFA) on either the weekend of March 21 or March 28, please PM me.

We only have access to a temporary ground (no goalposts or lines) so an away venue is preferred. Vegemite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day all,

Tune into Radio SEN 1116am tomorrow night Fri 20th @ 9.30pm to hear Caulfield Prez Matthew "Joffa" Casey join our No. 1 ticket holder Mark Fine in the studio, they'll be talking all things Bears, SFL and season 2009!!

Click here for news, views and Bears info
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_in...-0-0&sID=62140

Click hear to see an interview with our new Coach Pete McCall and highlight of last years games
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaulfieldBearsTV

Cheers,

Steve Hewlett
caulfieldbearstv@gmail.com

Moorabbin Kangaroos apparently in trouble with player numbers. Was reported in the local paper that they have only 25 players on their list with only 3 weeks until the beginning of the season. They need at least another 20 or they may struggle to field 2 sides this year. What will the SFL do if they can't get the numbers? I hope they do because we dont want to see clubs fold.

Moorabbin Kangaroos apparently in trouble with player numbers. Was reported in the local paper that they have only 25 players on their list with only 3 weeks until the beginning of the season. They need at least another 20 or they may struggle to field 2 sides this year. What will the SFL do if they can't get the numbers? I hope they do because we dont want to see clubs fold.

Surely they can drag a few out of the flats across the road to pull the boots on???

South Yarra FC is seeking trainers for the up and coming season if your interested in joining a socially friendly club who have just come of the back of two premierships in 2008.
PM me and i will be in touch.

just wondering how the tunners are shaping up this year? Spoke to Trav the other month and he said he is retiring, along with Hyamsy...

Any other gains/departures P-dog/Spark?

Good luck in 09.

Willo (will be back for 2010 pre season training in dec 09 as fat as a house!)

:thumbsu:

just wondering how the tunners are shaping up this year? Spoke to Trav the other month and he said he is retiring, along with Hyamsy...

Any other gains/departures P-dog/Spark?

Good luck in 09.

Willo (will be back for 2010 pre season training in dec 09 as fat as a house!)

:thumbsu:
Trav Sauer and Hyams are playing in 2009. From all reports Tunners have picked up some very good recruits as well.

So disappointng to hear. The SFL needs all of it's clubs to be viable for the comp to survive. It if is a real problem maybe some of other clubs with large numbers of players can help out with a couple of players each week who are not getting a game at there club. It is not great for blokes who want to play with there mates but at least they would be getting a game each week and help Kangas get through the season.

So disappointng to hear. The SFL needs all of it's clubs to be viable for the comp to survive. It if is a real problem maybe some of other clubs with large numbers of players can help out with a couple of players each week who are not getting a game at there club. It is not great for blokes who want to play with there mates but at least they would be getting a game each week and help Kangas get through the season.

I heard the Kangaroos fielded two sides in a practice match on the weekend.
Well done and I hope they keep the numbers all year long.:thumbsu:

Tips for Round 1 as follows
Sth Yarra by 15 pts
Murrumbeena by 30 pts
Caulfield by 20 pts
Heatherton by 5 pts
Black Rock by 60 pts and confirm themselves as flag favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back