SLF Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality reserves coach? haven't heard too many say he was quality....
he's obviously doing plenty of chasing former players of his & the Heights must be handing out some cash. Heard that Troy Ogier has been lured from St Bedes & is training down there. Has also been on the phone to a couple of Edi Asp & Bonny boys trying to lure them.

Having played and trained under Rick B I thought he was pretty good last year - not everyone had the same opinion of him obviously. He has some great ideas and did a pretty good job with the players at his disposal. Anyway this is a divi 1 conversation really.

Interesting to hear about Ogier, would be a very good pick up for Heighters.

Heard Highett are travelling well with a few new recruits and great numbers at training they will undoubtedly be a force this season.

Key player they have apparently sigbed is Joe Sibilia. I recognise the name can some1 provide some info on him ?

Give it a rest numbnuts. You've been posting on the VAFA C Section thread about Caulfield Grammar. Joe has played there and at Uni Blacks. Not to mention he's not a new recruit having played at Highett last year.

I honestly didn't know he played at Highett last year. Seriously how many clubs has he had now at least 6 clubs in the last 8 years. Must be a money man$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

another rumour lads.... Big bustling Andre strain Simon Beshara and ALEX SMITH ARE ON THERE WAY TO HIGHET FOR THE BIG BUKS.........

i think this smith bloke is a new recruit from WA. Any one heard of this smith bloke ????????

i heard he is a big unit ?????

Quality reserves coach? haven't heard too many say he was quality....
he's obviously doing plenty of chasing former players of his & the Heights must be handing out some cash. Heard that Troy Ogier has been lured from St Bedes & is training down there. Has also been on the phone to a couple of Edi Asp & Bonny boys trying to lure them.
so who from EdiAsp & Bonny are they talking to?

another rumour lads.... Big bustling Andre strain Simon Beshara and ALEX SMITH ARE ON THERE WAY TO HIGHET FOR THE BIG BUKS.........

i think this smith bloke is a new recruit from WA. Any one heard of this smith bloke ????????

i heard he is a big unit ?????

Beshara is very unfit dont think he will be getting big bucks just quietly.

No doubt lacks fitness atm. But I know 4 a fact several clubs have offered him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Depends on his cricket

Not much been said about a few teams, how are D2 teams looking so far..

Heatherton- Early favourite I would guess, a few missing from GF side by all reports
Oakleigh- Always there abouts without going all the way, could be thier year?
Murrumbeena- Showed a bit last year, word is they have lost a few, can they hold their top 4 spot
Caulfield- Good start last year til players went OS, new coach on board, could suprise
Ashwood- Close to finals last year, heard very little about them, anyone got any news.. some very handy players on the park when in form
Black Rock- Consolidated spot in D2 last year, few big recruits by all reports
Lyndale- New coach, not far off pushing top 5 if they recruit well
Highett- Struglled in D1 for a few years, big step down could be a smokey?
Moorabbin- Very hot & cold last year, hear they have lost a few with departing coach
Sth Yarra- First year up is always tough, interesting to see how they go, any word on new talent?

What are others thought's on the year ahead??

any new players signed up as yet? & do we know much about them? training numbers so far etc.. etc..

think D2 will be very even apart from a few by all reports

Word is there will be some notable additions to the Clearances later this week from one or two Div 2 clubs which may impact the predictions significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, we're going ok, have had about 20 new faces at training at different times. We've signed a few and hopefully can get a few more over the line. I haven't heard too much about any of the other clubs and how they're doing. How's everyone's grounds looking?? Ours isn't that flash and being an off leash dog park doesn't help the cause!

Cheers boys and everyone pray for rain!!! (and Drought Breaker....time to work some magic!)

Click here for news, views and Bears info
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-3909-47814-0-0&sID=62140

Click hear for highlights of our first training run and last years games
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaulfieldBearsTV

Word is there will be some notable additions to the Clearances later this week from one or two Div 2 clubs which may impact the predictions significantly.

Do you want to provide more information???
I think a lot of clubs are still to submit clearances so you are not going out on a limb!

Give us something!

Do you want to provide more information???
I think a lot of clubs are still to submit clearances so you are not going out on a limb!

Give us something!

Let's just say it will influence the predictions being made here, a couple of matchwinners into sides who are already around the mark.

Let's just say it will influence the predictions being made here, a couple of matchwinners into sides who are already around the mark.

Once again Drought Breaker you spoke but nothing came out of your mouth! Why bother putting it on here if you are not going to back it up?
Surely if the clearances are going on to the site next week the players have committed so no damage can be done by naming them!

I will say it again. GIVE US SOMETHING!

watch out for caulfield, a lot of missing players back from overseas and a few recruits.....

I see Sammy Parko has signed on, handy recruit.. I'm tipping he doesn't come cheap tho??

Heard he was speaking to a few clubs, but they couldn't come up with enough $$$... Rumour has it $300+ per game??

I see Sammy Parko has signed on, handy recruit.. I'm tipping he doesn't come cheap tho??

Heard he was speaking to a few clubs, but they couldn't come up with enough $$$... Rumour has it $300+ per game??

What is Sammy's background? I have never heard of him? What position does he play? $300+ for Divvy 2 is a lot of money!

By the looks of the SFL website this Sammy Parkinson comes from Inverloch-Kongwak as well (same as Caulfield coach McCall). I think the 2 teams with the biggest recruiting spree in Divvy 2 have been Black Rock and Caulfield.....both will push up the ladder and be on the verge of the top 4 this year. Heatherton and Oakleigh will be thereabouts but have lost a few respectively and no real gains. Fermanis a huge loss for the Oaks. Highett with the drop in grade will be very competitive especially at home- hard to beat. Murrumbeena have been rumoured to have lost a few but improved significantly in 2008, Ashwood have lost Carroll (big loss). Lyndale have picked up a few including JJ Aboujaber who was good in Divvy 2 back in the early 2000's so will look to climb the ladder. Sth Yarra are an unknown team and I haven't heard much on Moorabbin but they will need to recruit and bolster their depth to rise back up the table.
Look forward to a good year.....keep up the reports

By the looks of the SFL website this Sammy Parkinson comes from Inverloch-Kongwak as well (same as Caulfield coach McCall). I think the 2 teams with the biggest recruiting spree in Divvy 2 have been Black Rock and Caulfield.....both will push up the ladder and be on the verge of the top 4 this year. Heatherton and Oakleigh will be thereabouts but have lost a few respectively and no real gains. Fermanis a huge loss for the Oaks. Highett with the drop in grade will be very competitive especially at home- hard to beat. Murrumbeena have been rumoured to have lost a few but improved significantly in 2008, Ashwood have lost Carroll (big loss). Lyndale have picked up a few including JJ Aboujaber who was good in Divvy 2 back in the early 2000's so will look to climb the ladder. Sth Yarra are an unknown team and I haven't heard much on Moorabbin but they will need to recruit and bolster their depth to rise back up the table.
Look forward to a good year.....keep up the reports

Black Rock will make the top 4. Look out for Sth Yarra, sneaking some more A Grade ammos players in and are very well coached. They will make a big impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back