Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd think that guys like Barham, Cook, Moss, Muston, Barlow, O'Dwyer, Tiller and Murphy would be of interest as well to strengthen the GWS line up.

barlow i thought about but is training with the Dogs so who knows. I dont think Barham will get picked up and nor Tiller, Murphy or ODwyer. Muston might be and would be a fair choice. Moss is training with swans so is a chance.

My guess is that Snoop has nominated players he thinks have been released from their scholarships (ie not picked up), notwithstanding the fact Bray shouldn't be on that list.

Does anyone know how the Giants' entitlement to NSW zone picks in the rookie draft interacts with the Swans' entitlment to 3 priority picks? Do the Giants get to pick theirs first? If so, I'd have thought they'd look at someone like Ben Reid before the Swans get their nose in.

The Swans haven't fully utilised their entitlement in recent years, especially since the scholarship scheme really kicked in. Even last year their comments post-draft suggested they'd not been planning to take (any - other than the pre-signed McKaigue) but thought McNeil was too good to pass up in the rookie draft.

I assumed players that hadnt been taken when I did the mock wouldnt be so given BRay got taken yesterday he will be replaced. in saying that I thought they had access to players after sydney had picked from their zone. I don tthink thats how the qld one works is it?

they interchange their picks but i think it is complicated by zones.

According to @TomLogan44's twitter, Nick Lower to GWS in the rookie draft

Not from Tom, but supposedly Giles has been confirmed aswell.

Regarding Harrison Cumming, not sure if we will keep him. Will be interesting, would think we would though.

Yep.

18 months with a hamstring really ruined his chances of making it with us, but he's got a heap of talent and is a really nice kid, so I hope he gets a second crack.

i didnt know they could have selected former afl players under the zones. if they can good luck to him cos he had big wraps on him and he might thrive being at home

Snoop i wonder if you think Jackson Sketcher will be drafted. Comes from our cricket club and seeing that he won the morrish i thought he may be a show. And no im not Jackson just good mates with his Dad and Jacko himself.

yeah I do. First Morrish Medal winner I think from the Dragons.

Not from Tom, but supposedly Giles has been confirmed aswell.

Regarding Harrison Cumming, not sure if we will keep him. Will be interesting, would think we would though.
Giles would be a tremendous pick up for GWS. Much better that Laycock.

Giles would be a tremendous pick up for GWS. Much better that Laycock.

agreed. williams likes tough footballers and has been thru this with port. he will look for strong bodied kids from state leagues who can lift to AFL level. be very surprised if he doesnt pick at least 5-6. also he knows his zone kids arent going to be as good as the ones the suns got. remember the suns got kids like may ....giants aint getting anything like that.

James Webster will def be taken by the Bombers with our last rookie pick... he is our NSW scholarship player and Im pretty sure the club have already announced that he will be made a rookie. I have a feeling young David Meli will be taken as our 2nd international rookie this season as well.

Im hoping the Bombers take both Duscher and Isaiah Stevens at some stage... we wont be getting Little in the PSD thats for sure...

Harrison Cumming is a Port NSW scholarship holder wont they have first dibs on him instead of the Swans?

yeah they will pal but they have to niominate him and it appears this year a lot of the scholar players will not be taken. Fair enough to having seen a few of them a number of times.....they just arent anywhere near draftable.

James Webster will def be taken by the Bombers with our last rookie pick... he is our NSW scholarship player and Im pretty sure the club have already announced that he will be made a rookie. I have a feeling young David Meli will be taken as our 2nd international rookie this season as well.

Im hoping the Bombers take both Duscher and Isaiah Stevens at some stage... we wont be getting Little in the PSD thats for sure...

Well they have left it an awful long time to announce him and as of Tuesday he wasnt listed as far as I could see. Take it as a fact ;) that Little is one of the options they are considering.............clearly doesnt mean you wont take him as a couple of others are in their thoughts like Jenkins and Molitor but dont go putting your pennies on the outcome. It is very very open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure whether he had commitments in Adelaide but Chris Molitor is no longer at the Bombers

Josh Jenkins and NSW scholarship holder Nick Ryan arrived this week however and both said to have impressed immensely

Both are Ruck / Key Forward types

yeah Nick Ryan is one that can play. We have Hartley coming up next year and i know who has the better one. MOlitor is still very raw so could do with a SANFL year.

No offence Snoop, but if we took 2 midget forwards in Elari and Elliot, most of our supporters would spew up.

We've already got Nahas, King, Hicks, Nason as well as Edwards and White (if necessary).

Other than those two though, I'm very happy. Although I suspect Jenkins will be taken earlier as he is too much of a talent to risk letting him slip through to someone else.

#67 - BRISBANE
Dean McDonald - Gippsland / 186 / 82
With the success of the Rockliff pick they may just go back to the well and hit this guy. Another of those medium sized players who has the potential to play a variety of different roles over the ground with the right development / training (ala Rocky). strong type and plays like Caf. I had him on the cusp of being a National Draft selection.

Love your work snoop but you may want to check pick #51 in the ND mate and you will find that Dean was snapped up by the Tiges!
we jumped in before the Pies next pick who were apparently very keen on the young bloke!

I guess a lot of people did not bother reading the first few lines:rolleyes:

Good work snoop i think you got 95% of the players worth discussing and the last 5% is generally the real left field picks.

Just on Neagle i went down to training last week and had a look and he was a mile behind everyonewhen they ran a couple of mid training 400's so his chances are still very much 50/50.
Im with you, waste of time, Essendon should let Sheedy and GWS take him !

Great work Snoop...

As a Dandy fan i am glad you rated Buchan. i note he is training with Melb.

We have two others in the mix Heddles & Tom Curran.

i really rate Tom Curran and expect him to go early in the rookie draft.

i would be interested in your views on these two boys.

Nice Work snoop, great descriptions

Hoping / thinking WCE might take Tyler Challwell they seems to be after talls in the draft. He looks like a good tall utility can play anywhere could just be the next Goddard

Wilson in the preseason draft is a bonus if we snatch tyler and that elusive small forward (?) were going to be very happy

Good stuff. But I think I should let you know that it is pretty unlikely that we'll pick Brock back up. In my opinion anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back