Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd think that guys like Barham, Cook, Moss, Muston, Barlow, O'Dwyer, Tiller and Murphy would be of interest as well to strengthen the GWS line up.

GWS ZONE SELECTIONS (16)

Ranga Erickwarama, Wade Hancock, Kaine Stevens, Josh Cole, James Lawton, Nick Perry, James Webster, Tom Kickett, Josh Duncan, , Blake Bray, Jake King, Nick Ryan, Matt Hutton, Fraser Brown, Tim Segrave, Kane Murphy

Sergeant, Brain, Cole, Ollson, townsend, Milne, Emery could all be considered if the above get listed (eg Perry / Webster etc)but doesn’t seem they will be.

Blake Bray is ours Snoop. Signed him yesterday.

Aren't the 16 GWS NSW selections from outside the current NSW scholarship zone? I recognise some of the names you've put as being NSW scholarship holders so they won't be eligible? Also Blake Bray has been promoted (or will be) onto Carlton's rookie list.

My guess is that Snoop has nominated players he thinks have been released from their scholarships (ie not picked up), notwithstanding the fact Bray shouldn't be on that list.

Does anyone know how the Giants' entitlement to NSW zone picks in the rookie draft interacts with the Swans' entitlment to 3 priority picks? Do the Giants get to pick theirs first? If so, I'd have thought they'd look at someone like Ben Reid before the Swans get their nose in.

The Swans haven't fully utilised their entitlement in recent years, especially since the scholarship scheme really kicked in. Even last year their comments post-draft suggested they'd not been planning to take (any - other than the pre-signed McKaigue) but thought McNeil was too good to pass up in the rookie draft.

I know you do your research and all Snoop, but it has been known for a while that Adelaide will select Ian Callinan with their last pick. Has been confirmed by the club.

My guess is that Snoop has nominated players he thinks have been released from their scholarships (ie not picked up), notwithstanding the fact Bray shouldn't be on that list.

Does anyone know how the Giants' entitlement to NSW zone picks in the rookie draft interacts with the Swans' entitlment to 3 priority picks? Do the Giants get to pick theirs first? If so, I'd have thought they'd look at someone like Ben Reid before the Swans get their nose in.

The Swans haven't fully utilised their entitlement in recent years, especially since the scholarship scheme really kicked in. Even last year their comments post-draft suggested they'd not been planning to take (any - other than the pre-signed McKaigue) but thought McNeil was too good to pass up in the rookie draft.
But whether they still are on a scholarship is irrelevant, I thought any player had to come from outside the scholarship zone.

In terms of dates:
Tuesday November 30, 2pm - GWS zone access. Team GWS to nominate up to 16 draft-eligible players from NSW/ACT outside the current NSW scholarship region.
Tuesday December 7, 10.10am - Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast FC and Sydney Swans pre-selected rookie nominations.

Great work Snoop

Love those WCE picks.

Would like it more if we dumped Houlihan and grabbed Isiah Stevens, that would be a perfect draft for me.

But whether they still are on a scholarship is irrelevant, I thought any player had to come from outside the scholarship zone.

If that is the case, they are pretty much limited to players from the Riverina area and from Canberra because the rest of the state falls within the scholarship region, geographically.

I hope we pick him up before you guys:cool:

Snoop great job. You really have your finger on the pulse in regard to WA boys!!. I love your selections. Wa boys i thought were certainities in the ND were : Andreloi, Monaco, Menegola, Wilson and Chalwell.
Liked your inclusion of Lawrence, Outridge and Hancock. (i think they are strong chances.)
Having been involved with EF i was amazed that Chalwell and Menegola were overlooked. Although they didnt play 18s i thought from what they achieved during the season and what the recruiters must have seen (plus their OUTSTANDING screening results) that a club would have picked them up. I noted with interest that very few players between 190- 195 cm were drafted.

I'd be very surprised if Essendon doesn't choose a ruckman for their PSD pick.
Chris Molitor from West Adelaide is training with the club, and Josh Jenkins is another who might get the nod. Jenkins is the one I believe we'll pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't the 16 GWS NSW selections from outside the current NSW scholarship zone? I recognise some of the names you've put as being NSW scholarship holders so they won't be eligible? Also Blake Bray has been promoted (or will be) onto Carlton's rookie list.

grim, do the clubs need to rookie list them, or they're open slather to anyone else? For example, King and Brown need to be rookie listed by the Eagles or we lose them?

Great work Snoop

Love those WCE picks.

Would like it more if we dumped Houlihan and grabbed Isiah Stevens, that would be a perfect draft for me.

Not allot to dislike about those picks. Could do with another forward over Houlihan as you say.

grim, do the clubs need to rookie list them, or they're open slather to anyone else? For example, King and Brown need to be rookie listed by the Eagles or we lose them?
I'm no expert on the scholarship scheme but from my understanding is the club whose scholarship the player has been awarded gets first dibs, then if they don't elect to put them on the senior or rookie list the Swans will have a shot at pre-selecting them as a NSW rookie and then it's open slather.

i think you will see that I wrote a note at the bottom saying if they did get upgraded I will replace them but as at tuesday none of them had been upgraded as far as the AFL published list reflcected.

I'm no expert on the scholarship scheme but from my understanding is the club whose scholarship the player has been awarded gets first dibs, then if they don't elect to put them on the senior or rookie list the Swans will have a shot at pre-selecting them as a NSW rookie and then it's open slather.

The Clubs have a hold on their Scholar players up until the deadline for zone selections which is next Tuesday I think. If they dont get selected they are open slather for other clubs (ie GWS). Having seen all of those players I would be surprised if some of them get selected......albeit they may take them just to irk Giants.

So for example, when I did the mock Bray had not been taken by Carlton so I will take him off but as yet Perry and Webster havent been taken by Collingwood or Essendon respectively.....and would be surprised if taken.

There is also some zone areas but it is extremely complicated because it not only involves zones but schools. In many ways better looking at it as a list of NSW players who will be zone selections for either club.

Snoop i wonder if you think Jackson Sketcher will be drafted. Comes from our cricket club and seeing that he won the morrish i thought he may be a show. And no im not Jackson just good mates with his Dad and Jacko himself.

that the same ranga from the cattery?

Yep.

18 months with a hamstring really ruined his chances of making it with us, but he's got a heap of talent and is a really nice kid, so I hope he gets a second crack.

Nice work Snoop. But couldn't you have held off for a while longer? My slapped together two round version hardly had it's time in the sun. :)

Not sure if the Giants will take 8 mature aged players, with very little AFL experience at that though. Probably more likely that they take a combination of youth, experience and AFL experience. Much like the Gold Coast did last year.

sorry bud I only saw yours when i loaded mine on. I am out next week so needed to throw it up.

Giants wont take 8 but I think they should. Dont forget the VFL players werent in high demand when Suns went bc Barlow factor hadnt hit. This year it will and there are some super players available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back