seababoon

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is there any players in-particular to look out for in the up-coming draft? Or any player for that matter, regardless of state.

could you please throw in player profiles also..?.. and even what player they play similar to, or along those lines

I would love to somehow secure a top 5 pick to get Hamish. Will be a champ- Midfield of Knights, Van Berlo, Hartlett, Dangerfield and Mackay is something to REALLY get excited about

I just hope he doesn't have the paper hamstrings of his brother! Very different player obviously.

Zane Kirkwood - PAMFC, unfortunately injured in his third or fourth game but still named in u-18 squad

Broke his shoulder in two places unfortunately when making his league debut (I think it was) - quite a bad one.

A very likely type and his forced absence from the game will probably drop his rankings somewhat.

He's definitely worth some thought.

Broadbent is the big one, Hartlet is a close running seccond, probably both top 10 picks! A lot of smokeys this year from SA, three I could see going late/rookie draft are Kirkwood, Stoynoff, Erskine all from Port Adelaide. Staple from WWT has seemed to platue, maybe Varcoe from Centrals, but only on name! Sturt will produce quite a few "names"!

What do others think of Havelberg from the Dogs ?
Kicked 9 the other day, and from memory kicked 14 in a match last year. Still pretty young too, but don't know much about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broke his shoulder in two places unfortunately when making his league debut (I think it was) - quite a bad one.

A very likely type and his forced absence from the game will probably drop his rankings somewhat.

He's definitely worth some thought.

Nah 4th game.

Looked at ease at SANFL level, Nick Lower did the damage with a big bump.

Bit short...175cm....but definately worth consideration.

On havleberg, i always though Mike Wundke was the better player if that helps anyones opinon.

Jay Shannon is one to keep an eye on. Unsure if he is AFL standard yet. A mail medal at 16 (ish) means the lad can play wih men.

The thompson brothers from North are also smokey's. Check my post in SANFL round 9 thread

There is some real hype surrounding all the Port boys that made the u/18 squad. Watch them with interest.

I dont know if im alone but i really rate Summerton. Made the State squad for this weekend and is still 19/20. Get large possie numbers but lacks height. 175 i think. What is his pace like. I always remember him being super fit but havnt seen any TV footage of him recently to asses his pace. Maybe a late pick. Is he what we need though?

Dont rate varcoe at all. He missed the state squad as well. Alot to do with the name??? Not sure. Still talented player but not quite AFL.

Johnny Boras seems to be a big fish in a small pond IMO. Kicks big numbers in 19's and reserves but could see an athletic defender at AFL level killing him. I would love to see how he goes at the champs.

Having played at the North, i have a biased opinon towards them. Dale Armstrong was always touted as the next big thing as i was going through but heard he has been strugling with form of late. Will watch him with interest

The one player that all the boys at North that still know are really talking up is O'Keefe. 187cm and 80kg at the moment. Playing good footy in the reserves.

Obviously this is all my own opinion. Nothing would make me happier to have any of the lads i dont rate atm moment prove me wrong.

Last year was the big Havainas year to get drafted IMO. On the back of his 14 goal display he really deserved a crack at the rookie list. This year he's copped more attention from the better SANFL defenders and has struggled a bit more.

I thought he may one day make it TBH but I'm not so sure now. Would LOVE Ian Callinan to get a dip as a mature age rookie on any club list. The poor bloke has been promised the world by so many clubs only to miss out and at least deserves a crack at the big show.

On havleberg, i always though Mike Wundke was the better player if that helps anyones opinon.

Jay Shannon is one to keep an eye on. Unsure if he is AFL standard yet. A mail medal at 16 (ish) means the lad can play wih men.

The thompson brothers from North are also smokey's. Check my post in SANFL round 9 thread

There is some real hype surrounding all the Port boys that made the u/18 squad. Watch them with interest.

I dont know if im alone but i really rate Summerton. Made the State squad for this weekend and is still 19/20. Get large possie numbers but lacks height. 175 i think. What is his pace like. I always remember him being super fit but havnt seen any TV footage of him recently to asses his pace. Maybe a late pick. Is he what we need though?

Dont rate varcoe at all. He missed the state squad as well. Alot to do with the name??? Not sure. Still talented player but not quite AFL.

Johnny Boras seems to be a big fish in a small pond IMO. Kicks big numbers in 19's and reserves but could see an athletic defender at AFL level killing him. I would love to see how he goes at the champs.

Having played at the North, i have a biased opinon towards them. Dale Armstrong was always touted as the next big thing as i was going through but heard he has been strugling with form of late. Will watch him with interest

The one player that all the boys at North that still know are really talking up is O'Keefe. 187cm and 80kg at the moment. Playing good footy in the reserves.

Obviously this is all my own opinion. Nothing would make me happier to have any of the lads i dont rate atm moment prove me wrong.

The most impressive of North's contingent this year from what I've seen has been Phil Davis. 193cm 84kg key forward who has been kicking around 4 goals every week in the reserves, looks a really good prospect.

Havelberg will stay at Centrals and win 5 or 6 flags, probably won't crack an AFL list.
Just because he kicked 14 doesn't mean he should automatically go on a list... just think of the quality he played against. He hasn't really dominated too many other games, apart from kicking 9 last week against an ordinary PAM side. Might as well sign Passador, he kicked 8 from 8 kicks and 8 marks on Saturday.

I think it's too late for Callinan now, it's unlucky he hasn't been given the chance as he is an awesome player.

Havelberg will stay at Centrals and win 5 or 6 flags, probably won't crack an AFL list.
Just because he kicked 14 doesn't mean he should automatically go on a list... just think of the quality he played against. He hasn't really dominated too many other games, apart from kicking 9 last week against an ordinary PAM side. Might as well sign Passador, he kicked 8 from 8 kicks and 8 marks on Saturday.

I think it's too late for Callinan now, it's unlucky he hasn't been given the chance as he is an awesome player.

That's pretty much it. Last year was his shot and he didn't go. He'd be nothing more than an average KP at AFL and with the way the game is going he's flat out too slow.

Callinan is a champion everywhere he goes and the bloke has been shafted by so many AFL clubs it's not funny.

how old are these mature aged recruits everyone seems to be talking about? i dont know the sanfl.. so im out of the loop..

also how good is this callinan, as compared to campbell.. cause personally i dont rate campbell, and if he's similar to him.. but if he's like fatty porps.. well

how old are these mature aged recruits everyone seems to be talking about? i dont know the sanfl.. so im out of the loop..

also how good is this callinan, as compared to campbell.. cause personally i dont rate campbell, and if he's similar to him.. but if he's like fatty porps.. well

Brycey just needs a decent crack at it without getting injured. He has Norwoods best every week execept one.

Brycey would eat Callinan for breakfast and remember he is still only 22. People are acting like he is 29.

Brycey just needs a decent crack at it without getting injured. He has Norwoods best every week execept one.

Brycey would eat Callinan for breakfast and remember he is still only 22. People are acting like he is 29.

I think bryce might be delisted come years end. Simply due to the fact that some have to go. Would hate to see it happen. I get a gut feeling that he could have a porplyzia like development. Struggling to start but once he finds his feet....bam. If a change is made this week, bryce should get a shot. I know we all want otten but campbell's form is on par, if not better.

Callinan is a better player than Campbell. Eat him for breakfast? You are acting like he is a billion times better. Are you Drummond in disguise?

Remove this Banner Ad

South Australians to draft next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back