Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

New interleague format for 2016 (again)... Southern FNL v Ellinbank FNL. We are the home league, where should it be played?

I know you will agree with me on this superfreak, I think Cheltenham should be the venue.

Quality setup and the best ground in the SFNL.. In my opinion!

Bentleigh's turn to throw around some big cash. Pat Nicholls signed for $1k a game and their new ruckman isn't far off that also. Add in McGarry and they are spending over $36k just on three players. When will clubs learn that this only causes internal issues as I don't see loyal local boys like Matt Troutbeck sticking around for too long playing for $200 a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh's turn to throw around some big cash. Pat Nicholls signed for $1k a game and their new ruckman isn't far off that also. Add in McGarry and they are spending over $36k just on three players. When will clubs learn that this only causes internal issues as I don't see loyal local boys like Matt Troutbeck sticking around for too long playing for $200 a game.

Comments like this just show that you know very little about Bentleigh FNC and the strength of the playing group.

Bentleigh are mostly home grown but you'll find that everyone agrees that recruiting is required to challenge for success.

Players such as Troutbeck, Meredith, Balic have been encouraged to play at higher levels and are all trialling at VFL clubs. If they're given the opportunity they'll all do well!

Plus, you'll find your figures are extremely over inflated ^^^

Yes, I am sure that all home grown players are always in support of adding recruits. But, I highly doubt that they knew how much you would be throwing around just on three players. If you don't achieve your desired results that your club is spruiking then, watch all your hard work of building up a loyal base of home grown players get thrown away in one year. You will find this 'home grown player strength' will quickly dissipate once they find out these recruits are on x5 times they amount of money they are on.

Also if my figures are over inflated then I would have a chat to those players that I mentioned as they are the ones that are spreading this information.

The league is a mess!! Dingley are so far ahead of the game, all other clubs are nowhere near it.
Nicholls won't be any better at Bentleigh than he was a Cheltenham, Bentleigh went backwards last year, probably the biggest disappointment from last year. Mordiallic, East Malvern, Clayton & Oakleigh to make the five. St. Pauls have lost the plot with the appointment of new coach and losing players because of this, makes no sense. East Brighton... Well this was coming, see you later Div 2 not far away.
Clayton big improver with Oakleigh causing the odd upset.

SFL V Ellinbank FL in the inter league. Feels like this is a game to decide the wooden spoon of rep footy.

BTW is David King coaching again ?

The league is a mess!! Dingley are so far ahead of the game, all other clubs are nowhere near it.
Nicholls won't be any better at Bentleigh than he was a Cheltenham, Bentleigh went backwards last year, probably the biggest disappointment from last year. Mordiallic, East Malvern, Clayton & Oakleigh to make the five. St. Pauls have lost the plot with the appointment of new coach and losing players because of this, makes no sense. East Brighton... Well this was coming, see you later Div 2 not far away.

SFL V Ellinbank FL in the inter league. Feels like this is a game to decide the wooden spoon of rep footy.

I agree with most of what you said but what makes you think Oakleigh will make the 5 coming straight up from div 2? (serious question)
Will mirror what Mordialloc did?
Shane Sheedy did tell a work colleague that they picked up one from Doveton & maybe Mullen and a couple of Noble Park reserves players. Is this enough?

I agree with most of what you said but what makes you think Oakleigh will make the 5 coming straight up from div 2? (serious question)
Will mirror what Mordialloc did?
Shane Sheedy did tell a work colleague that they picked up one from Doveton & maybe Mullen and a couple of Noble Park reserves players. Is this enough?
Don't believe they will be as good as Mordi, they did play in the GF. Previous years Div2 sides who came up would be just making up the numbers, Mordi's list last year was okay, not great. I think the standard of Div1 footy is as bad as it's ever been, the gap between the two divisions has narrowed. Oakleigh for mine to grab that 5th spot base on that.

I heard number of players leaving SFL for bush as coin is much better can anyone confirm any departures due to getting more coin up bush

Comments like this just show that you know very little about Bentleigh FNC and the strength of the playing group.

Bentleigh are mostly home grown but you'll find that everyone agrees that recruiting is required to challenge for success.

Players such as Troutbeck, Meredith, Balic have been encouraged to play at higher levels and are all trialling at VFL clubs. If they're given the opportunity they'll all do well!

Plus, you'll find your figures are extremely over inflated ^^^
heard

What is happening at east Brighton l thought they were fine

Yes, I am sure that all home grown players are always in support of adding recruits. But, I highly doubt that they knew how much you would be throwing around just on three players. If you don't achieve your desired results that your club is spruiking then, watch all your hard work of building up a loyal base of home grown players get thrown away in one year. You will find this 'home grown player strength' will quickly dissipate once they find out these recruits are on x5 times they amount of money they are on.

Also if my figures are over inflated then I would have a chat to those players that I mentioned as they are the ones that are spreading this information.
Those figures are laughable, not even close to what your saying . Last year Bentleigh were the lowest paying club in the comp the year before they did not pay .They have invested more in junior development than any other club and have more home grown talent than any other club playing 13 first gamers last year and have 5 players at vfl clubs training . Every club has 2 to 4 contract players who have come from a higher level so get your facts right before you past comment. Also, everyone at Bentleigh is on the same page in regards to recruitment. Bentleigh only recruit on need, and if you had a clue about the club you would know that loyalty is always rewarded to the playing group ahead of recurring external talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FNL Div One 2016

Back