Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough Super. While matches between different leagues can be of some interest I accept that at best they are a guide. You must have had plenty missing otherwise it would be a cause for at least some mild concern.
I think both teams had quite a few missing. A few Thirds players got given a run too as they don't have any PM's scheduled.

A day after most clubs season launches, should be an exciting clash

I'm a bit confused, but one thing for sure is that they obviously learned from last years debacle by scheduling the game during the day. The putrid game between Dingoes and Vampires last season turned into a snipers paradise, probably due to frustration of the players playing under those excuses for lights. However I'm still confused with the fixture, as it says Dingoes V Mordi on the 16th of April, and Doggies V Bentleigh. Can someone explain or have I missed something, cheers.

Question: putting this year aside, as Easter is early this year, what would clubs think of playing a Good Friday match? What would it mean financially to the home team in div 1?

What would be in your opinion a likely head to head fixture?

I know a couple of years ago Chelsea heights played heatherton at Ross St and crowds were pretty low. Ironically both are now in div 2

Question: putting this year aside, as Easter is early this year, what would clubs think of playing a Good Friday match? What would it mean financially to the home team in div 1?

What would be in your opinion a likely head to head fixture?

I know a couple of years ago Chelsea heights played heatherton at Ross St and crowds were pretty low. Ironically both are now in div 2
A Rival match would be great, St.Paul's V Bentleigh for instance would be great, sure to see a great crowd and draw the Local MP Nick Staikos down. Would love it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March 31, 2016

The East Brighton Football Club and Bentleigh Football Netball Club have agreed to an alignment which will see them join forces in 2016.

The Vampires and the Demons will field teams comprising players from both clubs in the Division 1 Reserve and Under 19 competitions.

A dearth of open-age players on East Brighton’s list would likely have resulted in multiple forfeits in the twos throughout the season, leading to a compromised fixture in the Division 1 Reserve competition and no curtain-raiser matches for its seniors.

Conversely, an over-supply of open-age Bentleigh players would have seen as many as 18 registered footballers miss out on a game each week.

Under the Reserve-grade arrangement, Bentleigh FNC will ‘loan’ top-up players to help fill an East Brighton reserves team each week.

The new-look reserves team will be branded E.B Bentleigh Vampires and will wear the East Brighton away strip for all home games. The Bentleigh clash strip will be worn at all away games. Both strips are predominantly white, which will allow a level of consistency throughout the year.

Bentleigh will still field a stand-alone reserves team.

The benefits of this arrangement are two-fold. Firstly, it will ensure a full roster of Division 1 Reserve matches throughout the year, and, secondly, allow Bentleigh’s surplus senior players to play in SFNL matches each week, which will help prevent disillusionment from non-participation.

Meanwhile in the Under 19s, both East Brighton and Bentleigh will amalgamate to form a combined team due to dwindling numbers of Under 19s players on both clubs’ lists.

Players in this combined team – branded East Brighton-Bentleigh – would still be eligible for senior selection with their respective clubs.

The new East Brighton-Bentleigh U19 team will wear Vampires jumpers at home games and Demons guernseys in away fixtures.

Without this merger, it’s possible both East Brighton and Bentleigh would have discontinued participation in the Under 19 competition. This could have thereby having a number of SFNL Under that could have been potentially lost

The SFNL would like to commend both clubs for their collaborative approach ahead of the 2016 season. This approach not only benefits both clubs, the respective Division 1 Reserve and Under 19 competitions as a whole.

MAJOR PARTNERS

SFNL Video

Should have sent them to div 3 and brought Port colts in

Amen, but that would have taken some bravery from Head Office. Now we have EB with potentially a 1st team that will be flogged by 30+ goals every week with no reserves of their own and a merged Colts.

They will be relegated this season anyway, why did the league not save them the embarrassment and speed up the process. There are 2,3 or maybe even 4 clubs in Div.2 that would be far more able to handle themselves in Div. 1.

Amen, but that would have taken some bravery from Head Office. Now we have EB with potentially a 1st team that will be flogged by 30+ goals every week with no reserves of their own and a merged Colts.

They will be relegated this season anyway, why did the league not save them the embarrassment and speed up the process. There are 2,3 or maybe even 4 clubs in Div.2 that would be far more able to handle themselves in Div. 1.
The Sfl would have known the writing was on the wall early on but didnt pull the pin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FNL Div One 2016

Back