Speculative Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pettigrew for Shammer

They need forwards, how about Pick 16 + a Westhoff (or 2) for a higher pick? or would that be ripping them off? :)

I'd do Pick 16 and the Hoff for pick 9 let alone 7 or 5.

That allows us to play Schulz, Stewart and Butcher up forward.

I'd be extremely cheesed if we even consider trading J Westhoff.

• He started out as a FF. A skinny FF, but highly skilled for a big bloke plus his best asset, is super clever.
  • He has since done an apprenticeship by playing extended periods at CHF on the wing and in the ruck.
  • He has become more intense in his approach to games, his fitness to play wing or ruck is now at AFL levels, not to mention he has put on a kilo or two and has become stronger and more resilient. Yes I know still smaller than most KPPs but so are many other good players such as Fletcher

Plus the big one. With the interchange bench being down to three plus a sub, players like JWesthoff and Trengove will be worth their weight in gold in a couple of years.
EDIT: D Stewart is another to include in the above group. (Thanks BN)

I definitely don't wanna get rid of Westhoff.

But we have to sacrifice someone we rate if we want a chance at getting Brodie Smith.

Would Brett Ebert be an option? If they're after forwards, he's definitely good - and as hard as it is to admit it, we looked better in the last coupla games without him in the forward line.

Maybe Daniel Motlop could be considered... I mean they'd want "star power" and a veteran in the forward line, plus it's not like he's a bad player.

As blasphemous as this sounds... I think I would actually prefer to trade D Stewart than Westhoff.

They are saying on 5aa the tingles are talking to Tamblings manager and it seems that they will get that deal over the line. They also said that Hawrthorn inquired about Alipate. Is it not enough that they raided us once. Why even ask about him. That is crazy talk. we should have asked Buddy was available.

If they want a fullback, they can bite the bullet and put Roughead back there.

Hawthorn enquiring about Carlile makes no sense to me. What did they think the club would say?

You'd have to consider a straight swap for Buddy wouldn't you? :D

I definitely don't wanna get rid of Westhoff.

I do, I would love for someone to take Matthew Westhoff off of our hands

They also said that Hawrthorn inquired about Alipate. Is it not enough that they raided us once. Why even ask about him. That is crazy talk. we should have asked Buddy was available.

Reminds me of an old Big Bob McLean legend

St Kilda came knocking for one of our star players, (sorry, but I cannot recall which one) and asked if they could speak to him

Bob replied "Sure, and we'll talk to Carl Ditterich, okay?"

The St Kilda people couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Can't believe people are thinking about trading Westy to GC, ahead of Ebert and Motlop! Westy's season since Primus took over was great, in particular his tackling and chasing (Showdown and Hawks win for example)...the Hawks Bobby talk is ridiculous, I hope we told them exactly where to go on that one :D

I can't believe how much people have changed their minds on westhoff. He's played a couple good games at the end of the season and now no one wants to trade him. I think people are still thinking he has potential but also they are forgetting he's 24. I wouldn't lose sleep if we traded him but I couldn't see many people wanting him.

They also said that Hawrthorn inquired about Alipate. Is it not enough that they raided us once. Why even ask about him. That is crazy talk. we should have asked Buddy was available.

Rohde did say we're open to discussing players for the right price. I'd definitely trade Alipate.... for Hodge. Anything else they can get stuffed. They've probably been pissing in Chaplin, Alipate and now Trengove's ears about heading to the piss and poos ala Burgoyne.

Stuff Hawthorn. Are they going to try to take one of our players every year under Clarkson? If so I hope Jeff finally cracks it and gets rid of him.

A trade to send Motlop & Pettigrew back west, for Palmer and possibly a late pick could be alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people are thinking about trading Westy to GC, ahead of Ebert and Motlop! Westy's season since Primus took over was great, in particular his tackling and chasing (Showdown and Hawks win for example)...the Hawks Bobby talk is ridiculous, I hope we told them exactly where to go on that one :D

I'm with you. He picks and chooses when to play with intensity and personally his lift in intensity once Choco was sacked was a bad reflection of his attitude IMO.

You have to remember too Ebo did his knee and would have no trade value what so ever

Rohde did say we're open to discussing players for the right price. I'd definitely trade Alipate.... for Hodge. Anything else they can get stuffed. They've probably been pissing in Chaplin, Alipate and now Trengove's ears about heading to the piss and poos ala Burgoyne.

If Bobby could help us get say pick 5 and upgrade pick 16 to pick 12 for example what would people think then? If Trengove could be played at FB?

Two first round picks again?

I have heard from a very reliable source that Port have done a deal with Gold Coast which will trade sanfl based Simon Phillips (Norwood) to Port. I don't know what Port will give up to GC but I do know that Phillips is very happy about joining Port.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Port have done a deal with Gold Coast which will trade sanfl based Simon Phillips (Norwood) to Port. I don't know what Port will give up to GC but I do know that Phillips is very happy about joining Port.

Whose Simon Phillips?

Hmm,

Phillips?

Hope we didnt have to give too much away...

Midfielder / Forward
Height: 174cm
Weight: 72kg

23 Years of Age (5th April 1987.)

Dont know a heap about him, apart from that he is a fairly pacey goal scoring midfielder with some pretty good ball winning skills.

Played for Sydney I believe, but obviously delisted and has been playing for Norwood since.

Kicked somewhere around 40 goals this year for Norwood.

Just found this article on him aswell:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/flippers-joy-is-on-parade/story-e6freckc-1225929358265

Seems to read like he had a few issues with having late nights etc, and got a 'few crosses' against his name for it.

Sounds a perfect replacement for Motlop. haha.

Welcome to Alberton Amber... I mean Simon.

Seriously I have only seen him in the GF and in the Norwood/Eagles game before that. Both times he seemed to fumble A LOT. I would be interested to hear opinions from Norwood people who have seen more of him.

(perhaps even Drummond :eek:)

Isn't that the truth.

One very scared small fast little guy. Just great, just what we needed.

Staggering if true

Hmm,

Phillips?

Midfielder / Forward
Height: 174cm
Weight: 72kg

23 Years of Age (5th April 1987.)

Dont know a heap about him, apart from that he is a fairly pacey goal scoring midfielder with some pretty good ball winning skills.
quote]

Sounds a little like a smaller version of another Davenport...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back