Speculative Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Alberton Amber... I mean Simon.

Seriously I have only seen him in the GF and in the Norwood/Eagles game before that. Both times he seemed to fumble A LOT. I would be interested to hear opinions from Norwood people who have seen more of him.

(perhaps even Drummond :eek:)

I noticed this in the two finals you mentioned and it seemed very out of character for him. I've heard reports he played the second half of the SANFL GF with broken ribs so if that's the case you migth be able to understand the fumbleitis.

Having seen half a dozen or so Norwood games throughout the year I can say the guy is a gun at SANFL level. He's broken open quite a few games with his pace and goal nouse. I'm not sure if he can transfer to AFL level but if we can get him on the cheap I wouldn't mind Port having a look, as long as he's sorted out his off field issues.

Had his jaw broken in the GF. Never saw Ian Callinan coming. He had 2 disposals in the GF, I don't think he saw much of the second half either.

What would we have traded to get us him though?

Surely not much? Our last pick or something?

Just dont understand why we would make a trade of anything of any higher value.

Unless..... Matthew Westhoff?!?!?! :D

Package deal with Sam Rowe?

There would have to be more to it than the one player we could have drafted with a late pick anyway.

If Bobby could help us get say pick 5 and upgrade pick 16 to pick 12 for example what would people think then? If Trengove could be played at FB?

Two first round picks again?

No way. Bobby is staying put unless we can score an elite midfielder.

Package deal with Sam Rowe?

There would have to be more to it than the one player we could have drafted with a late pick anyway.

Yeah there has to be more to it because GC wouldnt want late picks anyway. They have enough high picks and other concessions to not need late picks.

I wouldnt be surprised to see more picks/players involved both ways.

Oh no....
Has combination of Primus + Rohde officially opened our doors to picking players based on the recommendations of Norwood `insiders'.

Anyone even talking about trading Carlile needs to smack to the head. I'm looking at you, Rick. What for mess with a defensive unit that should be league's best within three years?

No way. Bobby is staying put unless we can score an elite midfielder.

Exactly. You don't just throw away KPP's that you have spent the better part of 5 years developing for a pick. He is as much a required player as any of the other perceived 'untouchables' on our list IMO.

If Bobby could help us get say pick 5 and upgrade pick 16 to pick 12 for example what would people think then? If Trengove could be played at FB?

Two first round picks again?

Infurating post :mad:

Why would consider trading Bobby for anything .....I don't even know where to start...

That'd be a pretty insane trade for us B2M in all fairness. No way in hell would someone give us pick 5 for him lol. Let alone a first round pick upgrade on top of it.

But yea, wouldn't trade Bobby unless it was a trade hugely in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I note that the Australian reports that we were one of the clubs to put a bid in for the western bulldogs latest father son players ( Wallace and liberatore).

I guess just doing our bit to play the gMe as I doubt the bulldogs were ever going to not select them

Phillips really is a poor man's Davenport. Do not want.

:) I was actually thinking last night that maybe the trade was davenport to the gold coast ......... Mates with gablett and all ... And some form of pick exchange

Oh no....
Has combination of Primus + Rohde officially opened our doors to picking players based on the recommendations of Norwood `insiders'.

Anyone even talking about trading Carlile needs to smack to the head. I'm looking at you, Rick. What for mess with a defensive unit that should be league's best within three years?
Absolutely!! I was just on the case quoting those Carlile posts when I saw this.

Seriously Carlile is at the core of our defence long term. We have a number of irons in the fire kpp wise but not that many that have stood up yet and announced themselves as mainstays of the future. Carlile has.

Not to mention that Carlile seems to be part of the heart and soul of this team. That's an intangible thing but not one to mess with lightly.

Will Minson could be heading for the Gold Coast. There are some tricky deals that can be manufactured with GC with picks and pre-listed players.

link
... the Bulldogs could trade Minson, plus the compensation pick they would receive for him, to the Gold Coast, receiving pick 44 and one of the pre-listed players the new club is able to trade in return.
link

Oh no....

To quote one of my all time favourite movies, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels "Alarm bells are ringing, Willy"

Oh no....

Why would Norwood 'insiders' need to be involved - surely it would be that our scouts do their job and drive to Norwood Oval or watch the ABC telecast.

From Norwood I would rather us consider Duigan or Puopolo with a punt on Dawes as a rookie.

HAHAh settle people I didn't say do it, but I was just saying if we could.

Our defensive unit is looking strong yes, but if we could get a top 5 pick and upgrade our own first rounder it would/could possibly allow us a crack at Day and Smith? Would Bobby worth that?

I'm all for the club to keep our picks but I would love to push them up higher. Trengove could fill his void, Lobbe fill Trengove's.

So... Ryan Gamble?

Sounds like he's interested in coming back to SA and Port were interested in him back when he was drafted. But would be pretty much a goodwill trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back