Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Who decided that your opinion of LDU was gospel?
I simply find it highly questionable that a player of his credentials merits what St Kilda are offering. It comes across as extreme desperation.

Considering St Kilda's list management history for the past 10 years, it would be very fair to label their list management questionable.

I simply find it highly questionable that a player of his credentials merits what St Kilda are offering. It comes across as extreme desperation.

Considering St Kilda's list management history for the past 10 years, it would be very fair to label their list management questionable.

Really? 10 Years , Then i guess its good that they've pretty much changed everyone who was involved except for the last couple of years.

Could the Saints be playing themselves out of a top 5 Draft pick with this late season run??

Oh dear.
Yeh this is my fear, having said that the Sydney win and then possibly knocking the bombers out of the 8… pretty sweet.

Ok if you were a Hawks board member and Say if you want Josh Battle from the saints, how much would be be worth?

$700,000 a year for 4 or 5 years?
The deals tabled to Josh are rumored between 850 and 1m and he’s worth every bit of it.

Saints being the incumbent likely hold the whip hand so if the hawks want him they’ll have to pay over to pry him out, hence the 1m figure.

People seem to be forgetting about the cba increase. So a mil for an FA this year (whilst still likely to net band 1 compo) is more like $700-$800 in the next 3 years.

Finally whilst Josh isn’t a “great” player, he’s a lot ****ing better than this thread is indicating and a stack of stats back that up. He’s absolutely capable of playing on the proper key forwards and doing a suitable job but he is a lot better as that 3rd tall back, intercepting and distributing.

Utter drivel.

We've actually shown we can score quickly in last quarters. It's probably the least of our worries.

Funny when people just make stuff up in their head.

Funny that people think other people don’t know what they are talking about when their club has only won 1 flag.

The proof is in the pudding your club is ass.

Funny that people think other people don’t know what they are talking about when their club has only won 1 flag.

Hold on, hold on.

Are you saying that people suddenly know what they're talking about because they barrack for a team that is good?

Surely you're not suggesting that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know your on a high with recent flags but before that no club was worse then Richmond over that 35 year span. Richmond were the very definition of ass.

Now you have resumed your rightful place in the "modern era" of being ass once again. No team comes close to being as bad as the tigers this year and it's only going to get worse!

FWIW i know the saints have no winning culture. Your telling us something we all know!

I know your on a high with recent flags but before that no club was worse then Richmond over that 35 year span. Richmond were the very definition of ass.

Now you have resumed your rightful place in the "modern era" of being ass once again. No team comes close to being as bad as the tigers this year and it's only going to get worse!

FWIW i know the saints have no winning culture. Your telling us something we all know!

Right so you agree with me thanks.

Do you realize how stupid this makes you sound? You muppet lol

I said saints are mediocre because they are, both right now and throughout history, idk what the problem is. The other guy was saying I was making it up in my head.

So tell me again how I’m a muppet.

I said saints are mediocre because they are, both right now and throughout history, idk what the problem is. The other guy was saying I was making it up in my head.

The only thing that’s mediocre is Richmond “I don’t want rebuild again, but let’s now spend the next 5 years rebuilding” and punt road “no one wants to be here” culture 🥱

So, tell me how’s life going for you again?

you're a muppet because you're relating footy IQ from a fan on a forum to how many flags you got to watch from the stands/couch.

the ultimate muppet comment

The deals tabled to Josh are rumored between 850 and 1m and he’s worth every bit of it.

Saints being the incumbent likely hold the whip hand so if the hawks want him they’ll have to pay over to pry him out, hence the 1m figure.

People seem to be forgetting about the cba increase. So a mil for an FA this year (whilst still likely to net band 1 compo) is more like $700-$800 in the next 3 years.

Finally whilst Josh isn’t a “great” player, he’s a lot ****ing better than this thread is indicating and a stack of stats back that up. He’s absolutely capable of playing on the proper key forwards and doing a suitable job but he is a lot better as that 3rd tall back, intercepting and distributing.
So the question will be asked....

Given the choice of choosing one of 2 options , what would you have?

1. Pick 5 or pick 6 as compensation for losing Josh battle?

2. Keeping Josh battle for the next 5 years?.

North got a top 5 pick for losing McKay.

Most of the saints history is mediocre. But that doesn't mean that they never had chances to increase their premierships from their only triumph of 1966.

Since 1966, Saints had chances to increase their premierships count...

-1971 grand final.

- 1972 (lost a prelim final narrowly)

-1997 grand final

-2004 (lost a preliminary final to port by 6 points)

-2005 (lost a preliminary final to swans by 5 goals despite a 2 goal lead at 3 quarter time)

- 2009 grand final

- 2010 Grand final

Had saints won a flag in 2004 or 2005, I don't think Ross Lyon would be coaching in 2007.

Not too sure I would compare Josh to McKay

Personally I’d rather keep Battle unless the offer exceeds a mil a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back