Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong.
You get the Tier.
Only after that does the finishing position make a difference.
Tier 2 is End of round 1 and that's all you were ever going to get.

StKilda were not paying Brad Crouch among the top 5% of AFL players.
If you don't get paid among the top 5% of AFL players you don't get tier one compo.

I am not a crows fan but yeah I get your point.

I am curious on saints fans about Josh battle. A tall defender in the saints best 23 , yet clubs are offering him 1 million a year for him

I said on the match day thread that St. Kilda are not a terrible side. Commentators today said they have lost 6 games by a kick. Win half of those and they are in or just outside the 8 and the narrative around them is completely different. Have the bones of a good team but need to recruit or develop a decent mid and find another tall defender.

So all we need to do is get in a player who can get one more good kick than the worst player we have.

I am curious on saints fans about Josh battle. A tall defender in the saints best 23 , yet clubs are offering him 1 million a year for him

I don't want to lose him, but the only one who really knows is Josh. He was a Hawks supporter as a kid , so maybe that comes into it. He's not spectacular, but reliable is a good word when you are discussing defenders.
Him, Webster and Wilkie in our side makes our defense pretty reliable.

He's a very good player, not a star. Best attributes are probably his courage and versatility. Clubs (i.e. Hawthorn) are overpaying because he's pretty much the only key defender on the market. Personally I'd like to see him stay but if we end up with band 1 compo I wouldn't be upset seeing as that will likely be pick 5, which is a pick higher than his actual value.

He's a very good player, not a star. Best attributes are probably his courage and versatility. Clubs (i.e. Hawthorn) are overpaying because he's pretty much the only key defender on the market. Personally I'd like to see him stay but if we end up with band 1 compo I wouldn't be upset seeing as that will likely be pick 5, which is a pick higher than his actual value.
I'd say he's at best, a 'good' AFL player.

And he's clearly not a key defender. He's like that awkward type defender that is too small for the big guys, but too slow for the little guys.

Let’s see one draft night.
SOS called the shots at the blues even though he had recruiters doing the grunt work.
I presume Silvagni will be the one that reads the names out on Draft night. But surely you wouldn't bring Dalrymple in just for a laugh? I'd be staggered if Silvagni would overrule him on matters relating to talent identification.

The saints brand of footy makes them competitive for most weeks.

Again look at the 1st 16 games they had. 6 wins and 10 losses could of been 10 wins and 6 losses or 11 wins and 5 losses in the top 8 or even top 4

Their brand of footy makes them look competitive cause the scores end up close. When in reality a 2-3 goal lead is essentially a win against the saints in the last quarter.

Whereas teams like Collingwood you’d be shitting yourself because the can score 3 goals in a couple of minutes very often.

You’ll find that we’ll be talking forever about Saints being competitive but not quite making it. Just as the W/L and ladder positions have shown for years. A real no man’s land team and Lyon is just making it worse. He couldn’t win a flag with stars back in the mid-late 2000’s, forget it with this team. His coaching style is outdated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say he's at best, a 'good' AFL player.

And he's clearly not a key defender. He's like that awkward type defender that is too small for the big guys, but too slow for the little guys.

He is a good swingman who can do a job forward or back.

Reminds me of Adam Hunter for the Eagles when Woosha’s only coaching move was to move him from CHB to CHF in close games.

Their brand of footy makes them look competitive cause the scores end up close. When in reality a 2-3 goal lead is essentially a win against the saints in the last quarter.

Whereas teams like Collingwood you’d be shitting yourself because the can score 3 goals in a couple of minutes very often.

You’ll find that we’ll be talking forever about Saints being competitive but not quite making it. Just as the W/L and ladder positions have shown for years. A real no man’s land team and Lyon is just making it worse. He couldn’t win a flag with stars back in the mid-late 2000’s, forget it with this team. His coaching style is outdated.
Utter drivel.

We've actually shown we can score quickly in last quarters. It's probably the least of our worries.

Funny when people just make stuff up in their head.

I have seen some clubs lose narrowly to the saints this season too.

Believe me... If I was a saints fan, I would keep Ross Lyon just for one more season.

I dont think the saints side isnt that terrible. Saints made finals last season. They were good enough to get a home elim final.

Their last finals win was 2020 and plenty of players are still left in that side.

I don't want to lose him, but the only one who really knows is Josh. He was a Hawks supporter as a kid , so maybe that comes into it. He's not spectacular, but reliable is a good word when you are discussing defenders.
Will being a hawks fan really decide as a child if he goes to the hawks?

Brad and Stephen Hill both played for the dockers and supported the eagles as a kid.

Elliot Yeo and his dad are dockers fans. Jeremy McGovern plays for west coast and followed freo as a kid, Partially because his dad played in the 1995 Squad.
Yeah Battle can play both ends. Dougal Howard is also a Swingman. Yeah he has only kicked 1 goal for the saints. But at Port he played 45 games and kicked 14 goals from 2016-19.

Utter drivel.

We've actually shown we can score quickly in last quarters. It's probably the least of our worries.

Funny when people just make stuff up in their head.
I am watching the final quarter of the saints vs Essendon game.

I am surprised with the result.

Josh battle had a good game vs Essendon today? Saints have won this game vs Essendon easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back