Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Well North Melbourne got a top 5 pick compo pick for McKay.

Who's the better player on your opinion? Josh Battle or McKay at Essendon?

Why do you think that's relevant?
There must be something wrong with someone who still doesn't understand how free agency compensation works.

So the question will be asked....

Given the choice of choosing one of 2 options , what would you have?

1. Pick 5 or pick 6 as compensation for losing Josh battle?

2. Keeping Josh battle for the next 5 years?.

North got a top 5 pick for losing McKay.
It’s a real conundrum, causing a lot of debate on our board as you’d imagine.

We all love Josh and he’s a really good cog in a very solid backline unit.
Having said that, we have some up and comers for backline spots and I’m backing Corey Enright to be able to slot one in and make it work.

Josh would never be worth pick 5/6 in a trade, so why wouldn’t we grab that compo giving us two good goes at midfielders in the top 10?
Good timing before Tassie comes in. He’s not irreplaceable.

It’s hard, but that’s the way I’m leaning.

Any name?
I've known this kid since kinder. Super good kid, and an awesome family. Great friends with the parents, and have been for a few years.

I've never been an ITK'er, so to be honest I'm not quite sure how to play the role.

But what I would say, is that over the years whenever I've thought to myself 'dude, just tell us!' whenever someone on here has suggested that they're an ITK, is that it feels really uncomfortable to speak publicly about a high profile person on a footy forum that you know.

Feels really awkward and I don't think I'd ever do it.

What it's also done, is made me be a bit more careful about saying stuff online about footy people. Not that I've ever said anything on here about anyone that I wouldn't say to them, it has made me tread a bit more carefully.

So no, no names. But at this stage he's looking like a top 3. Maybe even 1?

I've known this kid since kinder. Super good kid, and an awesome family. Great friends with the parents, and have been for a few years.

I've never been an ITK'er, so to be honest I'm not quite sure how to play the role.

But what I would say, is that over the years whenever I've thought to myself 'dude, just tell us!' whenever someone on here has suggested that they're an ITK, is that it feels really uncomfortable to speak publicly about a high profile person on a footy forum that you know.

Feels really awkward and I don't think I'd ever do it.

What it's also done, is made me be a bit more careful about saying g stuff online about footy people. Not that I've ever said anything on here about anyone that I wouldn't say to them, it has made me tread more carefully.

So no, no names. But at this stage he's looking like a top 3. Maybe even 1?
I get it.
Just thought I’d try anyway 🤣
If he’s top 3 he’s not destined for us anyway, but I guess Dalrymple’s doing what he must anyway.

I get it.
Just thought I’d try anyway 🤣
If he’s top 3 he’s not destined for us anyway, but I guess Dalrymple’s doing what he must anyway.
Dalrymple has made some pretty
compelling pitches apparently, FWIW.

To be honest though, I don't even know why they need to pitch? If they draft you, you're going there. End of.

Dalrymple has made some pretty
compelling pitches apparently, FWIW.

To be honest though, I don't even know why they need to pitch? If they draft you, you're going there. End of.
You’re correct. But still good to hear (the bold)

So the question will be asked....

Given the choice of choosing one of 2 options , what would you have?

1. Pick 5 or pick 6 as compensation for losing Josh battle?

2. Keeping Josh battle for the next 5 years?.

North got a top 5 pick for losing McKay.
its always an "if" proposition
as much as we like Josh, If he can net us pick 5/6, I think we have to take it.
Losing Josh will hurt, a very very solid player in a very solid backline

but it can make us a better team IF we can nab 2 "elitish" mids, right the imbalance we've had for far too long

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, it's a gamble, but one I think we have to take

Most of the saints history is mediocre. But that doesn't mean that they never had chances to increase their premierships from their only triumph of 1966.

Since 1966, Saints had chances to increase their premierships count...

-1971 grand final.

- 1972 (lost a prelim final narrowly)

-1997 grand final

-2004 (lost a preliminary final to port by 6 points)

-2005 (lost a preliminary final to swans by 5 goals despite a 2 goal lead at 3 quarter time)

- 2009 grand final

- 2010 Grand final

Had saints won a flag in 2004 or 2005, I don't think Ross Lyon would be coaching in 2007.

True, but statistically they should’ve won flags based on those results. They would’ve been better off doing a multiple choice quiz and picking C every time instead of playing those games. Let that sink in.

you're a muppet because you're relating footy IQ from a fan on a forum to how many flags you got to watch from the stands/couch.

the ultimate muppet comment

Weird how you took it that way, that’s not what I meant at all.

Guy was questioning my IQ when I’m just saying what has been happening to his club. So I through it back at him and question his IQ.

Weird how you took it that way, that’s not what I meant at all.

Guy was questioning my IQ when I’m just saying what has been happening to his club. So I through it back at him and question his IQ.
Nah I didn't question your IQ, what you said was some made up thing about how teams are comfortable being two goals up against us in the last quarter.

It's fine to not know anything about us I don't know a thing about the Tigers right now but I wouldn't go on a Tigers thread and start flexing.

Nah I didn't question your IQ, what you said was some made up thing about how teams are comfortable being two goals up against us in the last quarter.

It's fine to not know anything about us I don't know a thing about the Tigers right now but I wouldn't go on a Tigers thread and start flexing.

Yeah k I don’t know anything that’s why your clubs history literally proves what I’m saying. And guess what you guys going to stuff it up again with Lyon this year and the next and the next and the next and the next…

Ross Lyon’s gamestyle is a legit meme due to how low scoring it is, which is what I am saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah k I don’t know anything that’s why your clubs history literally proves what I’m saying. And guess what you guys going to stuff it up again with Lyon this year and the next and the next and the next and the next…

Ross Lyon’s gamestyle is a legit meme due to how low scoring it is, which is what I am saying.
Are you quite done dribbling everywhere yet?

its always an "if" proposition
as much as we like Josh, If he can net us pick 5/6, I think we have to take it.
Losing Josh will hurt, a very very solid player in a very solid backline

but it can make us a better team IF we can nab 2 "elitish" mids, right the imbalance we've had for far too long

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, it's a gamble, but one I think we have to take
you are taking a risk either way.

Losing Josh Battle means losing a reliable defender. But that pick 5 or pick 6 could land a mid that can eventually be very good.

or trading pick 5 for like pick 14 and 22 might work out well.

"I follow Richmond who won 3 flags and now I consider myself superior to any other club supporter because I got to watch it from my couch"

basic summary from Richmond nuffie, think its time to nik off

"I follow Richmond who won 3 flags and now I consider myself superior to any other club supporter because I got to watch it from my couch"

basic summary from Richmond nuffie, think its time to nik off
Saying that Ross Lyon wont get sacked at the end of this season.

Crazy thing is, theres a lot of gamblers that have won money on Ross Lyon coached games.

Go look up the Betting, see how much the bookies are paying for a combined total of 150 points or less.

Losing Josh Battle means losing a reliable defender. But that pick 5 or pick 6 could land a mid that can eventually be very good.

As long as we don’t get/keep Pick 6 I will be happy.

That thing is the Kiss of Death

As long as we don’t get/keep Pick 6 I will be happy.

That thing is the Kiss of Death
So.... pick 7 or 8 it is with free agency compo and father son picks and NGA picks then. lol

Yes I am aware of Pick 6 being strangely the "unlucky" or "cursed" pick.

I thought Chad wingard was gonna break that curse when he was pick 6 in 2012. Did well at Port Adelaide. Gets traded to hawks and gets a few injuries.

So.... pick 7 or 8 it is with free agency compo and father son picks and NGA picks then. lol

Yes I am aware of Pick 6 being strangely the "unlucky" or "cursed" pick.

I thought Chad wingard was gonna break that curse when he was pick 6 in 2012. Did well at Port Adelaide. Gets traded to hawks and gets a few injuries.
Hawks wasted pick 6 2 years in a row in 2005/2006.

Not having Paddy Ryder and Joel Selwood prob cost the Hawks 2 flags

I think the general sentiment of most Saints supporters is "Love Josh but pick 5 or 6 is overs". Given the hole in our midfield, the opportunity to get two young mids inside the top 10 is on balance the right call for the longer term. We have potential replacements for Josh.

The only thing that’s mediocre is Richmond “I don’t want rebuild again, but let’s now spend the next 5 years rebuilding” and punt road “no one wants to be here” culture 🥱

So, tell me how’s life going for you again?
Don't forget the fair weather fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back