Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Then just seethe.

Not like you were going to make any noise anyway.

**** me imagine complaining about missing finals when your team lost its last 4 games in a row and only needed to win one.

Sometimes a bit of introspection might be useful.
I don't care. I wanted that finals spot. People , especially if you follow Carlton that has won 16 flags from 1897, don't realise how hard it is to make finals.

Dockers have only made finals only 8 times in 30 years from 1995 until 2024. Not much to brag about there.

Very brave finish to the season by St Kilda.

But no good draft pick.

Massive salary cap to spend that nobody wants.

Silvagni making a mess of the list.

And Ross “flood the backline” Lyon at the helm.

Not much to be excited about in 2025….

I would rather be in our position finishing the season off strongly than limping into the finals like Carlton and being embarrassed last night, not to mention that we will get a better draft pick than Carlton as well.

Last edited:
I would rather be in our position finishing the season off strongly than limping into the finals like Carlyon and being embarrassed last night, not to mention that we will get a better draft pick than Carlton as well.
You bottled your draft pick playing like it was your grand final in a meaningless game against our reserves side.

Went up 2 spots and accomplished absolutely nothing because we still made finals Bradbury style. Ross the Toss tagging blokes in the last game of the season, players getting into biffs with Carlton players 10 weeks after your season was done...

Just the absolute epitome of a rabble.

You bottled your draft pick playing like it was your grand final in a meaningless game against our reserves side.

Went up 2 spots and accomplished absolutely nothing because we still made finals Bradbury style. Ross the Toss tagging blokes in the last game of the season, players getting into biffs with Carlton players 10 weeks after your season was done...

Just the absolute epitome of a rabble.
Remind me how long it took you to score last night?

I'm going to miss Coke Can Kenny when he's gone
Yeah well Ken Hinkley coaching stint at Port Adelaide could end by Friday night if they lose to hawks.

I personally won't survive if it happens. There will be riots everywhere around Port Adelaide and Alberton if Port lose. LoL 🤣

Remind me what your team was doing last night? Cancun or Ibiza?
exactly the same as yours next weekend.

Imagine thinking after falling backward into the finals and being humbled is some flex
then hollering at the team that smacked you just before the final you are so proud of

you ok?

exactly the same as yours next weekend.

Imagine thinking after falling backward into the finals and being humbled is some flex
then hollering at the team that smacked you just before the final you are so proud of

you ok?
You barely beat our reserves side. Saints are on a hiding to nothing. No superstar talent, aging senior core, ordinary role players and a deadbeat defensive game style.

'No mans land' may as well be a synonym for the St Kilda FC

You barely beat our reserves side. Saints are on a hiding to nothing. No superstar talent, aging senior core, ordinary role players and a deadbeat defensive game style.

'No mans land' may as well be a synonym for the St Kilda FC

Not true,

Jack Steele is a very, very good player. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera will be an AA one day. Rowan Marshall incredibly unlucky not the be AA his year. Wilkie was AA last year. The kids are growing but should they stagnate then the mediocrity cycle will continue.

All eyes on how King, NWM, Phillips grow into

Not true,

Jack Steele is a very, very good player. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera will be an AA one day. Rowan Marshall incredibly unlucky not the be AA his year. Wilkie was AA last year. The kids are growing but should they stagnate then the mediocrity cycle will continue.

All eyes on how King, NWM, Phillips grow into
I think the Draft this year determines whether St Kilda will win a flag in the next 5 years.

They blew the Billings and McCartin drafts, which I think is literally why they have been in limbo for the past decade. I think the blew the one with Clark and that bloke they gave away to the Bulldogs too.

You just can't rebuild yourself into a top 4 team without drafting high end talent. They had their chance, and missed it.

Contrary to others, I really like their style of play (not to look at in terms of entertainment, but in terms of its effectiveness), and I hate to say it, but Lyon is very good at his job.

The only issue they have is lack of match winners.

They will be a top 4-6 team for the next few years thanks to strong coaching, the continued development of guys like King, Wanganeen-Milera, the experience of guys like Sinclair, Marshall and Wilkie - but whatever becomes of their draftees this Draft will determine whether they elevate in that top 1-4 range.

It's critical for them.

If they don't nail it and get 2 A-Grade mids, they'll be rebuilding again in 5 years and have nothing to show for this current rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Draft this year determines whether St Kilda will win a flag in the next 5 years.

They blew the Billings and McCartin drafts, which I think is literally why they have been in limbo for the past decade. I think the blew the one with Clark and that bloke they gave away to the Bulldogs too.

You just can't rebuild yourself into a top 4 team without drafting high end talent. They had their chance, and missed it.

Contrary to others, I really like their style of play (not to look at in terms of entertainment, but in terms of its effectiveness), and I hate to say it, but Lyon is very good at his job.

They will be a top 4-6 team for the next few years thanks to strong coaching, the continued development of guys like King, Wanganeen-Milera, the experience of guys like Sinclair, Marshall and Wilkie - but whatever becomes of their draftees this Draft will determine whether they elevate in that top 1-4 range.

It's critical for them.

If they don't nail it and get 2 A-Grade mids, they'll be rebuilding again in 5 years and have nothing to show for this current rebuild.
Who should StKilda have drafted instead of Clark? It was a pretty crappy draft.
Naughton instead of Coffield would have been good use of the crystal ball though.

You support the Gold Coast?
They matched an early bid for Jack Bowes and later paid a first round pick for another club to take him off your hands , that has to put you right in the middle of a glass house when it comes to this sort of thing.
If they weren't getting so many free picks thrown at them they'd have folded long ago.

Last edited:

It's critical for them.

Tend to agree with this NOTING that if we push up next year we can probably account for a poor (or average) draft if we can steal an FA (like LDU) or trade for a gun (like Brayshaw).

We have the bones now, we need to top that off.

oh ok, a troll.
No, not at all.

I've said it numerous times on here - I don't barrack for a team.

I tend to pick 2-3 teams each season that I follow more closely than others, but aside from that I don't have a team.

FWIW it's worth, St Kilda was actually one of those teams this year.

In my opinion, that's just completely normal adult behaviour. Personally I think it's weird to put a stake in the ground and barrack for one club your whole life no matter what. To me, that's just borderline idiotic.

No, not at all.

I tend to pick 2-3 teams each season that I follow more closely than others, but aside from that I don't have a team.

In my opinion, that's just completely normal adult behaviour. Personally I think it's weird to put a stake in the ground and barrack for one club your whole life no matter what. To me, that's just borderline idiotic.

Statistics would rate you the weird one. We could put it to a big footy poll.

No, not at all.

Carlton and Essendon supporters might be interested in this theory..

I'm sure a BigFooty poll on this topic would provide a fair and balanced view
Respectfully even a straw poll on the street would get alot more of
- I follow a team
and
- I CGAF about footy
than you
- I care enough to post on a footy forum but i dont follow a team

Here, there and everywhere you are the anomaly.

- I care enough to post on a footy forum but i dont follow a team
I'm pretty much a sports fanatic. It's not just AFL that I love discussing, and generally speaking - watching.

There's barely a sport on earth that I won't engage in discussion about when the opportunity arises.

FWIW, as much as many on here may not like it agree with my opinions (which is fine by the way, as I even disagree some that I read later on!), you can at least be sure that they are generally unbiased and come from a position of independence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back